Elite indicators :) - page 107

Swordfish,

In you calculations you omited periods when maximums for a given number of bars are bellow zero or minimums are above zero. In that case it is impossible to calculate the "early entry" lines the way you proposed (since you take a zero line as a "central line" and that center is in MACD "not honored" a lot of times.

Anyway, here you are a version with a fixed zero line. As you will see, maximums for a given period do not need to be positive, nor the minimums need to be negative

Here is a comparison of the 2 (lower is the "fixed zero line" version)
regards

mladen

swordfish:
Mladen,

Thank you so much.

I don't understand why zero line needs to be recalculated. In a standard MACD histogram, the zero is fixed, isn't it?
Files:

mladen:
Swordfish,

Anyway, here you are a version with a fixed zero line. As you will see, maximums for a given period do not need to be positive, nor the minimums need to be negative

Here is a comparison of the 2 (lower is the "fixed zero line" version)
regards mladen

The zero line now matches the standard MACD zero. That is excellent. However, Hi and Lo lines are not really the historical highest high and the historical lowest low within the look back bars. The lines should be two flat lines. Even if they are historical highest and lowest, the 25% line may not provide me an early entry criteria, because 25% or even 5% may be a very high level due to a spike in history. Any suggestions? Perhaps a fixed level above and below zero? The question is how to select a fixed nubmer. Hope you understand my desire. I don't want to trade all the signals above zero especially when the trend is out of steam. I want to take the trades when MACD is freshly out of zero.

swordfish,

"However, Hi and Lo lines are not really the historical highest high and the historical lowest low within the look back bars." They are (there is the code and you can see and check it for your self) "The lines should be two flat lines" Maybe you should use a large number for look back bars? Than you can get something like this :
As for the rest, I am sorry, but I fail to understand what do you mean

regards

mladen

swordfish:
The zero line now matches the standard MACD zero. That is excellent. However, Hi and Lo lines are not really the historical highest high and the historical lowest low within the look back bars. The lines should be two flat lines. Even if they are historical highest and lowest, the 25% line may not provide me an early entry criteria, because 25% or even 5% may be a very high level due to a spike in history. Any suggestions? Perhaps a fixed level above and below zero? The question is how to select a fixed nubmer. Hope you understand my desire. I don't want to trade all the signals above zero especially when the trend is out of steam. I want to take the trades when MACD is freshly out of zero.
Files:

swordfish:
True. But if the higherst MACD peak in history is 0.002, the 25% line will be 0.0005. If there is a new high in MACD, say, 0.004, the 25% line will be changed to 0.001.

Ok. And then?

What don't you understand about Historical? The reason I sound so offensive right now is because you're wasting a valuable coders time.

Go look up the word historical, then ad some quantitive value to it. Historical can mean yesterday, or mean the year before, or right before you took a shit.

So before you go ahead complaining, or at least commenting on someone's grateful attempt to build your indicator. Why don't you make sure you >know< what you're talking about?

swordfish:

mladen:
Ah, Bookkeeper. Pity he is not around any more

Anyway, patched alerts to it. If you set the allertsOnCurrentto true it will alert you on an opened (current) bar else it will alert you on a closed bar

regards

mladen

Hello mladen

i also need a alert when candle close and X-ArrZZx2 show blue color

i have alert for green-red color but not blue wich will be take profit when blue appear.

thanks for your help.

Files:

Walander:

What don't you understand about Historical? The reason I sound so offensive right now is because you're wasting a valuable coders time.

Go look up the word historical, then ad some quantitive value to it. Historical can mean yesterday, or mean the year before, or right before you took a shit.

So before you go ahead complaining, or at least commenting on someone's grateful attempt to build your indicator. Why don't you make sure you >know< what you're talking about?

Exactly !

Mike,

Here you go. Now it will alert you as "take profit signaled" when the blue cross appears. It can even give you two alerts simultaneously (when the trend changes and if in the same bar a take profit is signaled) and will not get confused in those cases

PS: did not change the name of the indicator.

have a nice weekend

regards

mladen

mike pearce:
Hello mladen

i also need a alert when candle close and X-ArrZZx2 show blue color

i have alert for green-red color but not blue wich will be take profit when blue appear.

thanks for your help.
Files:

mladen:
Mike,

Here you go. Now it will alert you as "take profit signaled" when the blue cross appears. It can even give you two alerts simultaneously (when the trend changes and if in the same bar a take profit is signaled) and will not get confused in those cases

PS: did not change the name of the indicator.

have a nice weekend

regards

mladen

You Are The BEST Mladen..

million thnks

I am trying to make an indicator to plot a histogram of the change in gradient of NonLagMa7.9. It works as expected, sort of, in that when it is first loaded onto the chart it displays great, as more bars appear though it seems to slowly stop working though, could someone please take a look at the code and perhaps point me in the right direction please?

Reason: