Elite indicators :) - page 96

Multi RVI Indi

Hello, Ive been checking everything Indi-wise at this great site for a few days, and what I saw got me doing mental gymnastics.

This is a VERY basic Indi (from a VERY new trader) that Cja inspired (he doesnt know it tho), based on RVI.

Im still getting a handle on what it can divulge, but it does seem to have something to say.

I like Fibonacci very much, and use the sequence of numbers at (nearly) all times, so I created this Indi using them.

I coloured it as best I can, but wonder if anyone thinks its worth refining (colour wise) to reflect whether the RVI's are above or below the 55 RVI. (ie so the lines change colour)

Its really basic I know...

Files:

Volume Breakdown Indicator

HI coders

is it possible to make a Volume Breakdown Indicator for Elite people

all forumula can be found here

McGinley Dynamic

Hi,

Has anyone use the McGinley Dynamic indicator before?

I was just reading an article in Investopedia about it:

The Most Reliable Indicator You've Never Heard Of

It sounds interesting and I was wondering how it looks like.

Tried Googling it but found nothing substantial except a formula for the Metastock:-

MetaStock - McGinley Dynamic Indicator

Ref(Mov(C,12,E),-1)+((C-(Ref(Mov(C,12,E),-1))) / (C/(Ref(Mov(C,12,E),-1))*125))

Perhaps, the Metastock users among us can shed some light.

Cheers,

jswei.

Here you go

regards

mladen

jswei:
Hi,

Has anyone use the McGinley Dynamic indicator before?

I was just reading an article in Investopedia about it:

The Most Reliable Indicator You've Never Heard Of

It sounds interesting and I was wondering how it looks like.

Tried Googling it but found nothing substantial except a formula for the Metastock:-

MetaStock - McGinley Dynamic Indicator

Ref(Mov(C,12,E),-1)+((C-(Ref(Mov(C,12,E),-1))) / (C/(Ref(Mov(C,12,E),-1))*125))

Perhaps, the Metastock users among us can shed some light.

Cheers,

jswei.

McGinley Dynamic

Hello mladen,

Thanks very much! Phew! That is real fast. I was about to leave and come back tomorrow hoping for a reply.

I will load it up to see if it is as reliable as the article made it out to be.

Thanks again.

Regards,

jswei.

McGinley Dynamic in 38 min!!

Basically it took you 38 min. to ask for more info, poke around and DO IT! Am am astonished by your skills. As for the indy, i don't know, and i still think that Point of balance is better!

All the best.

Unfortunately I did not find any additional info either (a description in investopedia is more like an add than a description of a technical indicator, and the original article I still did not find) , so I can not tell anything more about it's usage

So I took that metastock formula and converted it to metatrader

Anyway, will try to find some additional info about it. If I get something else, will post it here

regards

mladen

goodypm:
Basically it took you 38 min. to ask for more info, poke around and DO IT! Am am astonished by your skills. As for the indy, i don't know, and i still think that Point of balance is better! All the best.

Non-repainting COG

Hi fellow traders

Does anyone have a COG (centre of gravity) indicator that doesn't repaint? I have been using the posted on another thread by Gody6000, and it gives me some good trades. It seems to be good at isolating extreme overbought/oversold levels in the market as long as you only take an entry when it has pieced the outed band of the COG.

I have been entering as the price pierces the bands, but can get caught as you are going into the market against the momentum. I have now added an MACD to my strategy, to wait until the momentum has exhausted itself and turned before entering. Unfortunately, with the inherent delay in a traditional indicator like an MACD, by the time you get an entry signal, the price can be halfway back to the other side of the range again.....

Cheers

Designmax

I said that if I find more info about McGuinley dymanic that I will post it here, so here it is :

Seems that the story repeats over and over :

Metastock formula of McGinley Dynamic indicator is not McGinley Dynamic indicator (at least if we decide to believe to John R. McGuinley, Jr.) According to his article in MTA journal 48 (Summer-Fall 1997) the formula to calculate dynamic is :
ND = PD + (Index-PD)/(N*(Index/PD)) where :
ND = New Dynamic

PD = Previous Dynamic

N = Length or period

Once that formula is applied, and if we use the recommended emulation ratio (60%) what we are getting (with slight deviation) are EMA values (on the picture posted red is EMA 20, and blue is 12 McGuinley dynamic calculated according to his specifications)

If you read the artice, at the end there is one more "New McGuinley dynamic" which differs in last part (the (Index/PD) is raised to 4th power). So if you set the Power parameter to 1 what you will get is the "original" one and with Power set to 4 you will get the "new" one.

Attached the original article by John R. McGuinley, Jr. too

So, as a conclusion : no conclusion similar to praises I have found on a couple of places (as far as I see, all originating from that investopedia article). It is, more or less, just another way of calculating EMA. But what makes me wonder is, after these comparisons, what is that article posted at investopedia talking about? McGinley Dynamic indicator?

PS: you might want to compare the "metastock version" with ema of same length. Interesting ?

FX Sniper's ergodic cci in bars

Hy,

is it possible to have fx sniper's ergodic cci in bars

(so it could be simple follow back results)

look the picture...in this example from line to line i would like to have red bars

Best regards

Doc

Files:
fx.png  39 kb
Reason: