Msroc

Hi!!

Reading S&C I found (pag. 83) a good article by William Rafter about Moving Slope Rate of Change (MSROC). You can find the same article here:

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/articles/general_articles/moving-slope-rate-of-change/page2

and here:

http://www.fdcusers.com/Trade2win_MSROC_2.htm

and here:

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/112005/TradersTips/TradersTips.html

It looks interesting. I wonder if anyone has the formula to let build a Mt4 indicator.

Thank you!

Nina

MSROC for VT

This is the formula for VT.

LinRegLine:= LinRegSlope(Prc,periods);

MSROC:= ROC(LinRegLine,periods,Points);

Thru

Hi, Thruline!!

Thank you.

Let's hope now that a buddy makes it.

Nina

Thruline:

Thru

Hi everybody,

i attached my msroc indicator code and hope that will work!

Hi, fxtraderusa!!

fxtraderusa:
i attached my msroc indicator code and hope that will work!

Thank you for your work.

Now, fxtraderusa, we should be able to input an EMA to the MSROC. Crosses between MSROC and EMA will be the signal. Once we have the indicator, we'll tweak it. Can you do it?

Thank you!

Nina

Hi Nina - is this what you're after ?

You can already apply the EMA to the indicator. Go to indicator list (not custom !). Locate moving average and drag the title to the chart. Look for APPLY TO and click to open the list. Set it to first indicators data. Make sure MSROC is the first indicator on the chart.

Hi, Don.gading!

don.gading:
Hi Nina - is this what you're after ? You can already apply the EMA to the indicator. Go to indicator list (not custom !). Locate moving average and drag the title to the chart. Look for APPLY TO and click to open the list. Set it to first indicators data. Make sure MSROC is the first indicator on the chart.

Thank you!

Nina

Moving Slope Rate of Change

Has anyone written an EA for this Indicator?

Thruline:

Thru

Hi, I got the file and the graphical output looks pretty promising...

How to get the MSROC value though?

I guess we want to check when it changed from 0 and viceversa, but getting the values in MSROC will give weird results!

(see attached a graph with a modified version of the script, to make it draw a vertical line when it crosses the 0.

DadeM:
Hi, I got the file and the graphical output looks pretty promising...

How to get the MSROC value though?

I guess we want to check when it changed from 0 and viceversa, but getting the values in MSROC will give weird results!

(see attached a graph with a modified version of the script, to make it draw a vertical line when it crosses the 0.

MSROC would be something that we could call a momentum of linear regression (difference of current value and a value periods bars back is more or a less a momentum filtered by linear regression)

Files:
nina.mq4  7 kb
Reason: