All John Ehlers Indicators... - page 58

Hi Mladen,

Just been playing with some indicators and settings etc. It appears to me that the "MESA Cycle" referred to on stockspotter is pretty well the band pass filter posted here (set to band pass period of 20 or so). Having watched the Ehler's vid from Big Mike's forum again and again, and taken into account help from other tech sources, I think that the "MESA momentum" is an Inverse Fisher Transform preceded by a Roofing Filter. The code combo looks equivalent in challenge to making a bid for the summit of Mt Everest from Camp 5 ! Do you think it can be done ?

Best Regards

Nigel

This is some Ehlers fisher transforms made compatible with the new mt4 builds.

Thanks Mrtools,

RE my above still on a quest to get a "MESA momentum" type indicator, I also still believe it is equivalent to a fisher transform preceded by a roofing filter and then in histogram form as in the Ehlers_Fisher transform histo_mtf+alerts nmc.mq4 that you kindly posted. The attached Ehlers vid (from Big Mike's Forum last year shows at about the 27 min point how an indicator which is a stochastic preceded by a roofing filter can be derived. I am thinking that the same process might be applied to get a "fisher transform preceded by a roofing filter".

I would be interested in views ?

Nigel

Nigel99:
Thanks Mrtools,

RE my above still on a quest to get a "MESA momentum" type indicator, I also still believe it is equivalent to a fisher transform preceded by a roofing filter and then in histogram form as in the Ehlers_Fisher transform histo_mtf+alerts nmc.mq4 that you kindly posted. The attached Ehlers vid (from Big Mike's Forum last year shows at about the 27 min point how an indicator which is a stochastic preceded by a roofing filter can be derived. I am thinking that the same process might be applied to get a "fisher transform preceded by a roofing filter".

I would be interested in views ?

Nigel

Nigel

There I see only roofing filter. Roofing filter was made at this thread long time ago (here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page32 or here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page34 and some sub-variations posted at the posts between those two)

This is mama indicator used like the ma squize. If you choose to use atr to identify the flat or squeeze areas it is using a nonlag version of atr, which is just an idea and not really sure how much value it adds though. The indicator will draw arrows of the cross of the fama and mama, also can choose whether to show the fama and mama or ust arrows at cross.

Files:

Can this one be converted to new metatrader 4 : smoothed_force_histo_mtfalerts.mq4

sebastianK:
Can this one be converted to new metatrader 4 : smoothed_force_histo_mtfalerts.mq4

SebastianK made it compatible with newer mt4 builds.

as a side effect of my current work i had a look to recent Ehler SuperSmoother and got very disappointed. On the pictures you can see comparision of EhlerSS (10) with SMA(5) (red, blue) of RSI and you can see that there is no difference so at least for USDJPY 1min ti don't give any superiority in case of RSI smoothing.

Files:
1_3.jpg  344 kb
2_2.jpg  359 kb

mladen:
Nigel There I see only roofing filter. Roofing filter was made at this thread long time ago (here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page32 or here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page34 and some sub-variations posted at the posts between those two)

Mladen,

Thanks for your reply.

Unless I am mistaken, at about the 27 min point (of the earlier attached vid) Mr Ehler introduces the "Stochastic preceded by a Roofing Filter" saying that "..I put the roofing filter in front of the stochastic...". My understanding is that this achieves a zero mean and it also removes the spectral dilation (ie what makes a normal stochastic run up against the top and bottom of the indicator window). I caught the earlier roofing filter on this site thanks for referring.

So it is still seeming to me that putting a roofing filter in front of the inverse fisher transform and displaying in histo form would approximate the MESA momentum propriety indicator.

Is there any possibility that you might have an idea how either the:

1. Roofing filter in front of a stochastic, or

2. Roofing filter in front of an inverse fisher transform in histo form, might be derived ?

I think they might be valuable

Best Regards

Nigel

When Mr. Ehlers will become a successful trader, I will start using his indicators...

Reason: