All John Ehlers Indicators... - page 51

Hi, I have read every post this morning in this thread, thank you all for your contributions. I am looking for the Swami Volume indicator and the Swami Wave indicator, has any one come across these and or can direct me to locate these, thanks.

cajun:
Hi, I have read every post this morning in this thread, thank you all for your contributions. I am looking for the Swami Volume indicator and the Swami Wave indicator, has any one come across these and or can direct me to locate these, thanks.

cajun

Swami indicators are working with oscillators that can be adjusted as far as calculating periods are concerned. Volumes are not oscillators (and are not adjustable to calculate in any way) so there can not be a swami of volumes.

As of the rest - see this site : http://www.swamicharts.com/Swami/ where it is stated that "SwamiCharts are now free to use on ...". You will probably find some things there (not the versions from TSD though since they are different than John Ehlers's version. I already told that using color only in swami charts for trading is useless and that is why I invented that generic swami value on swami charts - to make those indicators tradeable, but maybe you can find the original ones useful in some way)

mladen:
cajun

Swami indicators are working with oscillators that can be adjusted as far as calculating periods are concerned. Volumes are not oscillators (and are not adjustable to calculate in any way) so there can not be a swami of volumes.

As of the rest - see this site : http://www.swamicharts.com/Swami/ where it is stated that "SwamiCharts are now free to use on ...". You will probably find some things there (not the versions from TSD though since they are different than John Ehlers's version. I already told that using color only in swami charts for trading is useless and that is why I invented that generic swami value on swami charts - to make those indicators tradeable, but maybe you can find the original ones useful in some way)

Thanks a lot for the reply, yes Swami Charts.com is where I saw the volume and wave indicator but I did not see on the site that you could download them, I was hoping someone on this forum had converted them to MT4. I also agree with you on colored charts, they do not appeal to me if they are naked, therefore your generic ones are much better to use and understand. Although I was surprised that on all the posts I read no one that I remember has mentioned converting the John Ehlers volume indicator, but thanks anyway for the reply.

cajun:
Thanks a lot for the reply, yes Swami Charts.com is where I saw the volume and wave indicator but I did not see on the site that you could download them, I was hoping someone on this forum had converted them to MT4. I also agree with you on colored charts, they do not appeal to me if they are naked, therefore your generic ones are much better to use and understand. Although I was surprised that on all the posts I read no one that I remember has mentioned converting the John Ehlers volume indicator, but thanks anyway for the reply.

Would need the math for the volumes indicator

But since I do not have that, can not make it unless someone explains the math behind the "volumes" indicator

mladen:
To avoid the confusion that was cause by wrong Ehlers fisher transform coding (the famous "solar wind"), here is a metatrader 5 version of Ehlers fisher transform that is correct

can any coder help me to add arrows and alert to this mq5 indicator.

i want to use it on the 6/8hour chart. i would have used the mq4 version with arrows and alert posted by mladen but there is no standard 6 or 8 hours chart on the mt4 and i dont know how to get around it.

i have a day job and do not have time to look at chart many times in a day. i can not afford the stop loss on daily time frame hence am looking for the indicator to trade on 6 or 8 hours chart on the mq5

mladen:
As a first step : this is a roofing filter indicator as describe in the "Predictive indicators" document by John Ehlers

Dear Mladen

Is it possible to make this indicator as 'Adaptive Roofing filter' (with Period options in Input) with 'Color change on slope' and 'MTF option' ?

Thanks for any help

secretcode

Files:

secretcode:
Dear Mladen

Is it possible to make this indicator as 'Adaptive Roofing filter' (with Period options in Input) with 'Color change on slope' and 'MTF option' ?

Thanks for any help

secretcode

secretcode

Here is the versions with coloring on slope added as well as the period of smoothing added (since the second step of the roofing filter is in effect a super smoother, that period is applied to the second step of the calculation). This way you can control the filter more precisely.

PS: it is also made a multi time frame indicator already too

Files:

mladen:
secretcode

Here is the versions with coloring on slope added as well as the period of smoothing added (since the second step of the roofing filter is in effect a super smoother, that period is applied to the second step of the calculation). This way you can control the filter more precisely.

PS: it is also made a multi time frame indicator already too

Great!!! work Mladen Thank you so much for all help and support

Respects

secretcode

Hi Mladen ,

Using Market mode indicator, I've got a "zero divide error" in the expert folder.

I ve tried to solve that problem but no clue at this time.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Tomcat98

mladen:
Searched this thread and did not find it, so here it is ...

This is John Ehlers' market mode indicator which he is mentioning in the April 2012 issue of TASC (originally he described it in 2010) ... It is a straight forward indicator as far as usage is concerned, and one can control the width of the "neutral" zone with fraction parameter.

Tomcat98:
Hi Mladen ,

Using Market mode indicator, I've got a "zero divide error" in the expert folder.

I ve tried to solve that problem but no clue at this time.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Tomcat98

Tomcat98

What parameters are you using?

I have tried it out right now and it works OK with default parameters (as far as I see the only place where you can get a zero divide error if you enter 0 into MMPeriod)

Reason: