All John Ehlers Indicators... - page 46

hughesfleming:
That is terrible. Edit: Actually if you look at the performance metric, the picture is different but nothing to get excited about.

In the performance metric they just show the number of winning and losing trades. If they are performing the similar as the exit signals, then your first sentence is really true

I will reserve judgement. For now the performance is a little disappointing. Perhaps in different conditions the system will work better.

I will say this though, I will never openly criticize anyone who has the transparency to publish their trades, for better or for worse, in public.

hughesfleming:
I will reserve judgement. For now the performance is a little disappointing. Perhaps in different conditions the system will work better. I will say this though, I will never openly criticize anyone who has the transparency to publish their trades, for better or for worse, in public.

I appreciate his openness too and you are right

What I am trying to do is to understand what are they actually showing with those stats there - since they are anything but the usual, easy to understand stats.

I agree techmac. I remember eminiz.com which was dropped at some point and that was based on Ehlers corona charts. This is probably some kind of evolution of that concept so I am not overly interested. As far as the stats, it looks like to me that the system is profitable with a 6:5 ratio winners to losers. I am not going to comment if this is good or bad but a system like this is profitable because of money management rather than the entry signal.

Looking again, there is a lot of hype on that site.

hughesfleming:
I agree techmac. I remember eminiz.com which was dropped at some point and that was based on Ehlers corona charts. This is probably some kind of evolution of that concept so I am not overly interested. As far as the stats, it looks like to me that the system is profitable with a 6:5 ratio winners to losers. I am not going to comment if this is good or bad but a system like this is profitable because of money management rather than the entry signal. Looking again, there is a lot of hype on that site.

Ahhh, the eminiz.

It seems that with John Ehlers his biggest problem is not that he is clever (which he is) but that he is too fast in drawing conclusions. Somehow I have a feeling that sometimes he declares that something is a new wonder of the world without testing it at all ...

...at least Karl Ditman & Rita Lasker test "their" stuff................

Pava:
...at least Karl Ditman & Rita Lasker test "their" stuff................

I don't think that he is doing the same things as those (or anything similar). He simply is rushing ... and forgetting that what is doing can and will be observed and tested.

In some cases he made errors that are now diminishing his credibility. If he just took some time to test and verify what he claims, by now his name would be mentioned along with the name of the truly big ones. Instead of that, we always have to watch out when using something he made (the : "is this the one that he ... up" question always hangs somewhere in the air)

Thanks for those comments re his new site. Back to my earlier quest though, faced with so many Ehlers Indicators, have any of you wiser and more experienced traders been able to perform any assessments and thence down-selected an indicator of preference for "least lag", "greatest accuracy" indication of a reversal swing point ? I trade 15Min (with entry on 1min) for EURUSD, AUDUSD, USDJPY, FTSE100 and DAX30. Any suggestions for a best of breed indicator among the many on this great site would be very much appreciated.

Nigel99:
Thanks for those comments re his new site. Back to my earlier quest though, faced with so many Ehlers Indicators, have any of you wiser and more experienced traders been able to perform any assessments and thence down-selected an indicator of preference for "least lag", "greatest accuracy" indication of a reversal swing point ? I trade 15Min (with entry on 1min) for EURUSD, AUDUSD, USDJPY, FTSE100 and DAX30. Any suggestions for a best of breed indicator among the many on this great site would be very much appreciated.

I think you should scan the Elite and advanced elite sections of this site. There is no easy answer to your question as the time frames you have chosen to trade are swamped with noise. There are hundreds of indicators that you might find helpful.

Thanks Hughesflemming

Reason: