Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 83

hughesfleming:
Here is an update to the post above showing the 414 Day cycle using spectrometr. Click on the attachment above, and you can see how the last cycle low was correctly estimated. I have added the moving average lines taking the values right off Goerzel which are the zero points of the cycle. The averages are 414,294,191 and 96. I dropped 212 because it was too close to 191 with a lower amplitude. I have a 75 day cycle in the first picture which was calculated outside of metatrader so I did not include it this time. No explanation needed about why we are going sideways in EURUSD.

And another update....

We are at the bottom of the congestion range. I have added the 293 period MA which was the lowest supporting MA of the set. I have added a monthly projection that suggests that we are at a critical point between 1.2860-1.2845. Either we turn at these levels or EURUSD could fall quickly.

Files:

Here is the H1...showing 293MA support and price reacting to it over the last two trading days.

Files:

hi hughesfleming,

can you please share the bottom window histo indicator with us?

Sorry..It uses Dynamic Zones from Advanced Elite. Plus... this forum is for cycle extraction and my tool of choice is Simple moving average which you already have! There are many indicators that do the same thing. This one just changes colour on the Dynamic zone center line.

Rather than look at the indicator below...you should be looking above where a 350 pip swing was marked out exactly using SMA's from cycles extracted more than five months ago. That is the point of trading with persistent cycles. The key is still finding them.

hughesfleming:
Many years ago (2006?) John Ehlers (Mesasoftware/Corona Charts) built a website called eminiz.com which used his expertise in signal processing to generate buy/sell signals on futures contracts. This was quite a bold initiative on his part that was written about extensively at the time. At some point the site vanished once the draw downs had become too large. It simply did not work. Obviously building trading systems around cycles is difficult even for the "experts".

hughesfleming and other experts

i got a John Ehlers website address stockspotter.com ... can we make indicators like them?

debashis:
hughesfleming and other experts i got a John Ehlers website address stockspotter.com ... can we make indicators like them?

Almost all of those indicators already exist for metatrader (some with other names).

As of the forecasting part of those indicators : you can see exactly where are the problems of "forecasting" on the examples they are showing there

As of swami charts : using swami charts based on colors only is close to impossible and you can interpret them any way you wish. That is why I, in the elite section versions of swami charts, decided to add something that I call a "generic" value to swami charts - to have some quantifiable value that can be used in real trading (not just a "cloud of color")

John Ehlers is, besides his big and valuable work on a lot of indicators, also known for some statements that are pure advertisement that is not based on real results, so his statements should always be re-evaluated and re-tested

mladen:
Almost all of those indicators already exist for metatrader (some with other names).

guru

can you please direct me to mt4 indicator of "mesa cycle" with cycle peak and trough ?.. and all other mesa mt4 indicators.. which can be handy

debashis:
guru can you please direct me to mt4 indicator of "mesa cycle" with cycle peak and trough ?.. and all other mesa mt4 indicators.. which can be handy

You can start here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173071

hughesfleming:
And another update.... We are at the bottom of the congestion range. I have added the 293 period MA which was the lowest supporting MA of the set. I have added a monthly projection that suggests that we are at a critical point between 1.2860-1.2845. Either we turn at these levels or EURUSD could fall quickly.

Very nice...Impressed by the accuracy of the three SMAs.

Greetings to all from my holiday spot, Snow

MiniMe:
Attached is my updated version of the Extrapolator . I am not best coder but at least my codes and ideas are keeping me profitable so I hope this code will help more traders/coders in their trading system.

The code can be easily modified to be an EA , I was about to do so but I didn't as I have discovered a better approach.

This version of the Extrapolator shows the (open , high , low , close ) I though its a good idea to investigate the correlation and consistency between them .

One note that I haven't seen anyone comment on : Fourier by nature most of the times provide a false entry due to its cycle nature , for example if you attach the Fourier indicator to a low it will give a reversal and high entry and the opposite is true. This is due to the fact that Fourier assumes a mirror image of the signal around the y- axis . So its quite important to add few marks for ur self to keep track with whats happening on the chart , and the attached indicator can help with that.

Anyway I hope its helpful , if you have a bright idea you can convert it into an EA and test it

Regards,

Fadi

Hi minime,

I could run my strategyquant.com 3.0 in having it search for an optimum strategy using your indy, if you can describe what outputs and ways it in combination is used with other indies then I could manage it (don't need your private method, just what vital outputs of this or other indies are used). In exchange I can post the resultant EA if its anything worthwhile.

Sidebar: Would not 1-3 other indies dependent on this indy be behooving of dynamic market adjusting?

Thx, Jerry

Reason: