JLPi Grid EA - page 3

cgldsmth:
nice work, so presumably this will now work on an Interbank mini?

For the moment it is programmed so that the minimum is 0.1 lots but the increments can be 0.01 lots if your broker allow this.

If you want to start at 0.01 lots I have to modify the limit. I will put a parameter for the minimum starting size (could be 0.1 or 0.01)

OK I have updated the EA in the first post with a new parameter MinLots for the starting size Lots. default is 0.1 but you can put 0.01 for IBFX for instance.

Hello, I'm forward testing this EA and it didn't trade all week until I changed the risk to 1 like you mentioned but if you look at the pic attached, it initiated a trade to high when the price wasn't even there yet. Is this normal?

Files:
jlpigrid.jpg  19 kb

matrixebiz:
Hello, I'm forward testing this EA and it didn't trade all week until I changed the risk to 1 like you mentioned but if you look at the pic attached, it initiated a trade to high when the price wasn't even there yet. Is this normal?

Hello,

about your picture: I think that it is normal because on NZDUSD the spread can be 4 and what is on your screen is the bid price. So the Ask price can be 4 pips above so at the price where it was triggered.

About the risk, maybe there are other ways to make it work, it depends what is the account size.

if you have more than $10000 in equity you can leave risk = 0.1 even if you don't support microlots.

if you have less than $10000 you can leave risk = 0.1 only if you support microlots (you need the latest version : set MicroLots to true and MinLots to 0.01)

if you have less than $10000 and cannot trade microlots, it will not trade except if you increase the risk. For instance if you have $5000, risk = 0.2 should work I think.

Hope it helps

Ok, that makes sense now, I forgot about that. To bad it made a wrong decision What time frame do you recommend?

Files:
jlpigrid2.jpg  23 kb

I think H1 is a good time frame.

and remember this grid EA is not trading very often and takes moves of 100 pips, so what is wrong on the short term maybe different is you wait few days more.

With this EA, your patience is rewarded

Ok, I'm using InterbankFX, so I should enable Microlots then? it hasn't traded yet? Is the risk saying 0.1% of account balance?

Thankls

jlpi:
default is 0.1 but you can put 0.01 for IBFX for instance.

Where do i put 0.01? because it is still not trading 0.01 lots even with Microlots=True

Thanks

also, what does this line do?

if(Symbol() == "USDJPY" || Symbol() == "EURJPY" || Symbol() == "GBPJPY" || Symbol() == "CHFJPY" || Symbol() == "USDJPYm" || Symbol() == "EURJPYm" || Symbol() == "GBPJPYm" || Symbol() == "CHFJPYm")

Multi = 100;

else

Multi = 10000;

What if I have different currencies like AUD/USD? What if I want it at Multi = 100(what ever that means) do I need to add that currency in the list?

matrixebiz:
Where do i put 0.01? because it is still not trading 0.01 lots even with Microlots=True

Thanks

also, what does this line do?

if(Symbol() == "USDJPY" || Symbol() == "EURJPY" || Symbol() == "GBPJPY" || Symbol() == "CHFJPY" || Symbol() == "USDJPYm" || Symbol() == "EURJPYm" || Symbol() == "GBPJPYm" || Symbol() == "CHFJPYm")

Multi = 100;

else

Multi = 10000;

What if I have different currencies like AUD/USD? What if I want it at Multi = 100(what ever that means) do I need to add that currency in the list?

You need to get the latest version of the EA and put 0.01 as a value for the parameter MinLots

The code you showed if to manage the yen pairs because 1 pip = 0.01 for yen pairs but for other pairs 1 pip = 0.0001. For AUDUSD don't change anything MUlti should be 10000.

Ok, thanks. Just curious, what are the SL and TP values that the EA is using?

matrixebiz:
Ok, thanks. Just curious, what are the SL and TP values that the EA is using?

TP = Interval - spread so as a default 100 - 4 = 96

No Stop Loss. (the idea is that the profits taken balance to a certain extent the open losses. that's why it needs to be kept conservative, because of "to a certain extent")

Reason: