My New -Al Maram v.2- indicator - page 23

Dr.GM:

reduce the stop 50% once you get 50% of the TP

once you get 75% (or prefer 61.8% fibo ) of the TP move the stop loss to the entry point or further

i think it's a very good idea

Forex Optimist:
Dr GM,

In your experience of testing your indicator over several months, which are the overall best 2-3 pairs historically?

Thanks - and every system will have losing periods so don't give up!

Overall ,

GBPJPY - EURJPY - GBPCHF

Michel:
Dr. GM,

Your system doesn't seem soooo good as it is !

May I suggest you to explain your ideas, to release the source of your indic and to try to improve it with the help of many competent traders / coders here ?

If your system needs more developpement, you will save a lot of time to yourself and your followers by sharing that developpement.

For example, to have two exit levels, one for each half of a position, even with a move SL to BE, is exactly the same as to have two different experts (but less comfortable for the mind). Nevertheless, it's easier to trim two simple EAs than one more complex. More, if one of both is significantly more efficient than the other one, why spend a part of risk on the less efficient ?

one mind is enough to develop any idea

and i have a previous experience with another strategy couple of years ago , and for 8 months of live test it was winning with more then 72% ... then it lost twice in row ... people then suggested couple of hundred of things .... added fibo , added camirela , add pivot , and SAR , bolinger .... simply i got lost , the follower got lost , and the strategy got lost .... now , i don't use that strategy inspite of the fact that there is many many people who are using the raw version of it and they tell me on MSN that it gives more then 600 pips monthly on GBPUSD with almost 75% winning position .

so simply don't ask me to show up the strategy because of 3 losing days or even 10 days , because i had enough of this , you want a strategy ... go ahead and use google , you have couple of hundred of thousands of free-Open source strategies

another point , make sure that i won't sell something useless or not profitable , if you are sure that this is 82% losing indicator(as shown) , you can simply reverse the signals , but the risk will be on you

thanks for the advice

best regards

^^^^ rising or just a break ?!

**there is some updates to the results , will be added tomorrow

Files:

Dr.GM:
one mind is enough to develop any idea ......

You should at least sort out that 'divide by zero' error - this is normally caused by something very simple!

I have the EA on a chart for a few days now but despite restarting it a few times it has yet to open a trade - it's pretty fustrating not knowing if it the DBZ error or something else entirely...

omelette:
You should at least sort out that 'divide by zero' error - this is normally caused by something very simple! I have the EA on a chart for a few days now but despite restarting it a few times it has yet to open a trade - it's pretty fustrating not knowing if it the DBZ error or something else entirely...

I've been trying this out the past few days too and I don't know if it's the indicator or the EA. If you don't put the EA on the chart, you won't get that divide by zero error at all. That only happens if you have the EA on so even though the author of the EA claims it's the indicator doesn't means it's true. It would be nice to get it fix either way though.

omelette:
You should at least sort out that 'divide by zero' error - this is normally caused by something very simple! I have the EA on a chart for a few days now but despite restarting it a few times it has yet to open a trade - it's pretty fustrating not knowing if it the DBZ error or something else entirely...

the ZERO error ... i'm really trying my best to find out the reason of it .... the entire indicator contain some sort of dividing operations but all of them can NEVER be Zero , in all cases , not the volume not the price not pair not the MAs nothing , nothing , nothing can cause this error except the EA it self some loop or somthing i don't know , and yet i'm trying to find a solution from my side

whitesand:
I've been trying this out the past few days too and I don't know if it's the indicator or the EA. If you don't put the EA on the chart, you won't get that divide by zero error at all. That only happens if you have the EA on so even though the author of the EA claims it's the indicator doesn't means it's true. It would be nice to get it fix either way though.

I don't have the EA on my platform... but the DBZ error all over at every tick.

So it's definitely the indicator!

dxtrade:
I don't have the EA on my platform... but the DBZ error all over at every tick. So it's definitely the indicator!

simply it's not ...

i have more then 20 persons are trying this with me

they NEVER found such a problem except people here who is trying to use the expert adviser

if you REALLY don't have EA in your platform , check all rules first

1- Alpari MT

2- V5 or V3.1.L

3- no other indicators are attached to the chart

4- use it only with the selected pairs (in the 1st post)

5- put the value (0 = Off) for alerting

personally i used the indicator with alpari , al trade , interbank and strategy tester MT ... with NO DBZ issue

so it's DEFINITELY either your problem or the EA

Dr.GM:
simply it's not ...

i have more then 20 persons are trying this with me

they NEVER found such a problem except people here who is trying to use the expert adviser

if you REALLY don't have EA in your platform , check all rules first

1- Alpari MT

2- V5 or V3.1.L

3- no other indicators are attached to the chart

4- use it only with the selected pairs (in the 1st post)

5- put the value (0 = Off) for alerting

personally i used the indicator with alpari , al trade , interbank and strategy tester MT ... with NO DBZ issue

so it's DEFINITELY either your problem or the EA

All,

Ok let me explain on my experience relate to this issues. I strongly beleived its nothing to do with my ea. Even after update the platform to the latest version without attaching the ea and follow DG instruction 1 to 5 the DVZ remarks at expert log still availabe only during below condition :

1) If I let the platform run 24hrs. At just after 00 servertime the DVZ remarks start to appear.

2) Once I close and restart again platform after 05gmt the remarks disappear provided I manage to close the platform just before 00gmt server time.

3) If say I am closing late just after 00gmt server time and the DVZ already start to occured even if i restart back after 05gmt the DVZ remarks still appear...so I have to close and restart back the platform again.

So at the meantime I install the 3rd party shehedulerto ensure it close the platform just before 00 server time and restart back just after 05gmt.

Reason: