RDB & RTL system - page 21

This is really odd. What general math rules prevent multiplies wroking with value of less than 1 like lets say 0.1? Because of cases of different lot sizes traded by particular providers this makes many of them useless to those of us that are unable to trade those sizes or simple are unwilling to risk so much.

Lets say there is a provider that uses progressive lot sizing or martingale starting at 0.1 lot and we can or want to only start with 0.01 on our accounts we are screwed.

Racscave uses variable lot sizing too, and he uses mostly whole standard lots which are beyond of what most of us here can trade using 1 as lot multiplier. How do we deal with this issue?

Setting maximum lot size will not reflect properly on trades in our accounts. Also as somebody that reporter here earlier, this feature doesn't work correctly anyways. Setting max lots traded to lets say 0.1 for a signal which lets say using martingale starting at 0.05 lots traded opening many trades per pair is not going to work.

If multiplier can't be set below 1 or if there is no other way to deal with this issue, then RAS EA is mostly worthless to most of us. To me its very simple, set multiplier to 0.1 and Racscave's signal should open 0.1 lots for most of his trades or 0.05 lots for some trades, as he opens mostly 1 standard lots or 0.5 lots on his account. Simple math, divide by 10, i don't see any math rules preventing this from happening.If this can't be done then that saves me lots of money to test any of these systems. No point of trying....

zomg:
This is really odd. What general math rules prevent multiplies wroking with value of less than 1 like lets say 0.1? Because of cases of different lot sizes traded by particular providers this makes many of them useless to those of us that are unable to trade those sizes or simple are unwilling to risk so much.

Lets say there is a provider that uses progressive lot sizing or martingale starting at 0.1 lot and we can or want to only start with 0.01 on our accounts we are screwed.

Racscave uses variable lot sizing too, and he uses mostly whole standard lots which are beyond of what most of us here can trade using 1 as lot multiplier. How do we deal with this issue?

Setting maximum lot size will not reflect properly on trades in our accounts. Also as somebody that reporter here earlier, this feature doesn't work correctly anyways. Setting max lots traded to lets say 0.1 for a signal which lets say using martingale starting at 0.05 lots traded opening many trades per pair is not going to work.

If multiplier can't be set below 1 or if there is no other way to deal with this issue, then RAS EA is mostly worthless to most of us. To me its very simple, set multiplier to 0.1 and Racscave's signal should open 0.1 lots for most of his trades or 0.05 lots for some trades, as he opens mostly 1 standard lots or 0.5 lots on his account. Simple math, divide by 10, i don't see any math rules preventing this from happening.If this can't be done then that saves me lots of money to test any of these systems. No point of trying....

This is how it works in my experience as long as your broker supports mini or micro lots then using 0.1 or 0.01 as a multiplier will open 0.1 for each 1.0 Rac trades...well this is how it works with my brokers Alpari and fxpro. I've triend micro and mini lots i.e. multipliers of 0.1 and 0.01 and they work as they should i.e. following general maths rules...ovioulsy if you have a multiplier of 0.01 then you will get 0.01 lot iszes when Rac uses both 1.0 and 0.5 lots as you cant go lower than 0.01 on your broker etc.

What would be the ideal lot size, you'd want to see me trade?

Right now i use 1std lot for most of the trades and 0.5 for more risky ones.

I'm open to changes if this will make it easier for traders.

Would it be easier if I used 2mini and 1mini lots instead, or simply 1 mini for all trades?

Let me know, I will discuss it with our group and could implement it as soon as May 1st.

zomg:

zomg:

How about try to understand the article?

Meanwhile, I'll take second chance to understand your speech because is a bit recherche.

racscave:
What would be the ideal lot size, you'd want to see me trade?

Right now i use 1std lot for most of the trades and 0.5 for more risky ones.

I'm open to changes if this will make it easier for traders.

Would it be easier if I used 2mini and 1mini lots instead, or simply 1 mini for all trades?

Let me know, I will discuss it with our group and could implement it as soon as May 1st.

Hello Racscave.

To be honest i would hate to make any suggestions to you. I don't think you should change anything as your lots also reflect on amount of $$ made and as a result also affect how attractive your signals are to some potential clients. There are people out ther that still look at just $$ rather than overall picture. I do think however its the RAS EA that should work properly and its hard to say at this point whether it does or not.

Also another reason for hating suggesting anything to you is that im not your client, yet. Im following you every day like i mentioned in our conversation earlier in this thread. I trust your trading much more now, but i still don't trust RAS EA at this point due to these problems being mentioned here and in other threads.

Lovejoy80's post gives hope that one can infact succesfully use muliplier of less than 1 so lets see if Linuxer has some solid explanation that can settle this once and for all. Maybe you can leave everything unchanged on your part.

But in the end if you do decide to change your lots to our benefit I personally think that 0.02 lots for your 1 std lots and 0.01 lots for your 0.5 lots would be probably best because of this rule "You can set any figures above 1.0 as 1.3, 2.5 and 4.8. "

With these minimum lots every client could set 1 for test and smaller account build up, and 1+ multiplier or whatever they wanted for more serious trading. Just a thought, i will understand completely if you won't consider it.

lovejoy80:
This is how it works in my experience as long as your broker supports mini or micro lots then using 0.1 or 0.01 as a multiplier will open 0.1 for each 1.0 Rac trades...well this is how it works with my brokers Alpari and fxpro. I've triend micro and mini lots i.e. multipliers of 0.1 and 0.01 and they work as they should i.e. following general maths rules...ovioulsy if you have a multiplier of 0.01 then you will get 0.01 lot iszes when Rac uses both 1.0 and 0.5 lots as you cant go lower than 0.01 on your broker etc.

Hello lovejoy80.

Thats very encouraging, thank you. I hope now that contradiction in the mulitiplier explanation article can be explained by Linuxer to be sure that what you're saying is working as intended. There can not be doubts and contradictions with this when it comes to live trading.

zomg:
Hello Linuxer.

Can i count on RAS EA to execute the orders properly without some of the problems mentioned by some other users in this and other threads? By the way some of those problems i have experienced my self a while back while setting mutiplier to less than 1.

Again, like many others, i would really like a clear explanation of this. It is in RAS/tsd-forex's, providers' and clients' best interests to have proper understanding of this issue.

Yes. If you follow Forex rulez and General math rulez.

removed the post as article appears to be updated now

Linuxser:
Yes. If you follow Forex rulez and General math rulez.

THank you for confirming this and updating the article. I will test this on Racscave's signals and report back.

hey zomg,

It matters not if you're a subscriber or just a lurker, If you're trading live or on demo. Learning what your preferences are, helps me make informed decisions in the future. Actually majority of traders in the group had no problems with current lot sizes, so I'm going to stick with it for the time being. Regarding your other comment about 'amount of $$ made'...

In my opinion this is one of the major thing why traders fail to make it (taking out psychology). I know, I made a 'light' jump forward back few years ago, when I stopped looking at the $ figures and substituted it with % or simply just 'a number'. Money will always have a huge psychological effect on you, unless you have more than you can count. If you look at it as just a number ( I know it's hard) you are no longer losing it when you go through a drawdown period. Are you getting my point?

Anyways, here are results from one of my accounts (associated with RAS) going back to Nov 2009. I can guarantee it to you, that if I looked at those statements daily and count the $$, i would probably not even made half of it and the February 2010 would probably turned as a loss, instead off 400pips gain for the month.

Don't get me wrong, I still look at the $ amount, but i do it on quarterly basis (sometimes monthly) and not daily.

Keep in mind what I just said, and with a little practice, you will accelerate your trading to the next level.

happy trading.

rac

zomg:
Hello Racscave.

To be honest i would hate to make any suggestions to you. I don't think you should change anything as your lots also reflect on amount of $$ made and as a result also affect how attractive your signals are to some potential clients. There are people out ther that still look at just $$ rather than overall picture. I do think however its the RAS EA that should work properly and its hard to say at this point whether it does or not.

Also another reason for hating suggesting anything to you is that im not your client, yet. Im following you every day like i mentioned in our conversation earlier in this thread. I trust your trading much more now, but i still don't trust RAS EA at this point due to these problems being mentioned here and in other threads.

Lovejoy80's post gives hope that one can infact succesfully use muliplier of less than 1 so lets see if Linuxer has some solid explanation that can settle this once and for all. Maybe you can leave everything unchanged on your part.

But in the end if you do decide to change your lots to our benefit I personally think that 0.02 lots for your 1 std lots and 0.01 lots for your 0.5 lots would be probably best because of this rule "You can set any figures above 1.0 as 1.3, 2.5 and 4.8. "

With these minimum lots every client could set 1 for test and smaller account build up, and 1+ multiplier or whatever they wanted for more serious trading. Just a thought, i will understand completely if you won't consider it.
Reason: