Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 4

Indicatorlist

Hi!

I put lots of indicator in expert/indicator..

but when i open meatatader and shall look ..test them they are only listed to letter F..but there are many more in my folders in programfiles.

JF

As I remember there is some limitation. It means that you can not see many indicators. So, do not put lots of indicator in expert/indicator. Just some indicators which I will need for trading or testing.

newdigital, thanks for your info.

Im still a little bit uncertain, need to do some testing myself to find out.

Let's say indicator's crossing above previous tick or previous bar's close compare to the current bar's current last price(the current bar not yet closed, but each tick will count as close). sorry if my question is not clear. maybe i will try to make a picture later to explain.

Thanks.

MoreYummy:
newdigital, thanks for your info.

Im still a little bit uncertain, need to do some testing myself to find out.

Let's say indicator's crossing above previous tick or previous bar's close compare to the current bar's current last price(the current bar not yet closed, but each tick will count as close). sorry if my question is not clear. maybe i will try to make a picture later to explain.

Thanks.

Yes please, a picture would be better.

.set files

Where should i install .set files that my friends sent to me in my MT4 terminal and how to load that files

Thanks

jai

Read this post about set files https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

pls some one should help me

pls someone should teach me how to how to install indicator in mt4

Take your indicator, put it into your c:\program files\metatrader\experts\indicators folder. Restart metatrader, you indicator should be in the custom indicators section. Drag it onto your chart.

Successful Mentor

I' m looking for a Mentor who will guide me in becoming a professional Forex trader.

Sutivserv

sutivserv:
I' m looking for a Mentor who will guide me in becoming a professional Forex trader. Sutivserv

You could start with this thread. Read as much as you can around the forum and then decide to contact some member.

Reason: