10points 3.mq4 - page 166

chrisstoff:
Attached are the files showing my test results from 6 March (2 days).

It was a flat day yesterday but V12 was still able to collect some bucks

My settings etc. are posted to here.

Thanks.

I will try with your settings.

I do not understand why my V12 generate so many losses on demo account... ? :-(

Let me try again with your settings.

I will back with results...

dswk:
Thanks.

I will try with your settings.

I do not understand why my V12 generate so many losses on demo account... ? :-(

Let me try again with your settings.

I will back with results...

Can you please post the losses as well. As a programmer/strategy builder, I did like to see the downside of the system.

Regards

David

V12 Results so far.

Here is my results so far. I use the following settings which is default I believe and on 1Hr timeframe.

Takeprofit = 28

Lots = .10

Initial Stop = 1

Trailing Stop = 0

Maxtrades = 10

Multiplier = 2

Pips = 18

Account Protection = 1

OrderstoProtect = 3

Secure Profit = 200

MM = 1

Risk = 12

Files:
statement_2.htm  15 kb

yeoeleven:
Well it looks like I will be trading through the NFP afterall.

Previously I had posted that I would have to access my platform remotely because I would not be at my PC prior to the announcement. I have been able to access the platform but not the Expert Advisors. The Experts tab at the top of the page is off and when trying to access the EA's properties it indicates no advisor so even if I close down the trades chances are that they will reopen again from the advisor on my original log in.

I can see the trades and history but that is as far as I can go and I am not logged in read only.

Oh well if the NFP ruins the demo account I can always start off again.

John

Curious. What are you using to access your PC?

I've found that www.logmein.com is free and very user friendly. You can select full screen mode, then it's just as if you're sitting in front of your own PC.

Ray

whitesand:
Here is my results so far. I use the following settings which is default I believe and on 1Hr timeframe.

Takeprofit = 28

Lots = .10

Initial Stop = 1

Trailing Stop = 0

Maxtrades = 10

Multiplier = 2

Pips = 18

Account Protection = 1

OrderstoProtect = 3

Secure Profit = 200

MM = 1

Risk = 12

Thats weird. Can you please restart this test with the same setting on a 10k account but reduce the Secure Profit=100? May be thats the problem.

Regards,

David

davidke20:
Thats weird. Can you please restart this test with the same setting on a 10k account but reduce the Secure Profit=100? May be thats the problem.

Regards,

David

Ok I will give that a try cause as you can see I'm losing big time lol.

Remote access

FutureMillionaire?:
Curious. What are you using to access your PC?

I've found that www.logmein.com is free and very user friendly. You can select full screen mode, then it's just as if you're sitting in front of your own PC.

Ray

Ray,

Looks good to me and when I return to my PC I will set it up.

As for now I have the MetaTrader platform set up on a U3 thumb drive with no problem gaining access but with the restrictions previously mentioned. I did think of Windows Remote Access Program but it seemed to be a hassle unless one is very conversant with the terminology.

Thanks Ray will let you know how I go after next Monday.

John

whitesand:

Takeprofit = 28

Lots = .10

Initial Stop = 1

Trailing Stop = 0

Maxtrades = 10

Multiplier = 2

Pips = 18

Account Protection = 1

OrderstoProtect = 3

Secure Profit = 200

MM = 1

Risk = 12

Risk = 12 just won't work

The reason is:

with 100:1 leverage, first order is 1.2 lot needing 1200 margin. You won't have enough margin to place the 3rd order.

1.2x36pips= 432

2.4x18pips= 432

4.8x 2pips= 96

(1.2+2.4+4.8)x1000=8400

9360 $

Since holding positions needs margin, risk=12 just won't work. Except if you start to win from the beginning never needing to place second order....

Hope this clears things a bit up.

edit: You can either swith MM off or set risk =1. Both have the same result. (with 100:1 leverage account.)

whitesand:
Ok I will give that a try cause as you can see I'm losing big time lol.

Well, its a big time winner in my account anyway, thanks for showing some losses to me, that will alert me how dangerous it was.

Regards,

David

humax:
Risk = 12 just won't work

The reason is:

with 100:1 leverage, first order is 1.2 lot needing 1200 margin. You won't have enough margin to place the 3rd order.

1.2x36pips= 432

2.4x18pips= 432

4.8x 2pips= 96

(1.2+2.4+4.8)x1000=8400

9360 $

Since holding positions needs margin, risk=12 just won't work. Except if you start to win from the beginning never needing to place second order....

Hope this clears things a bit up.

edit: You can either swith MM off or set risk =1. Both have the same result. (with 100:1 leverage account.)

yes, may be that is the issue due to leverage... NF is 1:500, thats why i'm still surviving.

Regards,

David

Reason: