10points 3.mq4 - page 421

newdigital:
Hi forexjim,

Some indicators are having different values on different brokers. And many EAs are shwing different results for different brokers. Especially for M1 timeframe where datafeed is not stable. So, use my pre-set, or use more higher timeframe. And especially during the backtesting.

Example in your backtesting:

Bars in test 1235665

Ticks modelled 36801642

and

Bars in test 1303099

Ticks modelled 32055899

Hi forexjim,

Why are you backtesting?

You can trade, same with me.

Hi, newdigital,

1. Broker is the same: FXCM

2. My plan is to test backtest for overall understanding of the EA, then test demo for further confirmation, finally test live with nano accounts.

Are you already trading live?

Best,

forexjim

forexjim,

I explained.

Besides, VHF is something as Highest - Lowest,

And if T3_VHF 0.6 - it is for buy.

may be - something with this value which can not be catched for backtesting.

I do not know.

Besides, I do not think that someone will use martingale EA for 4 years (you backtested since 2007)

EA is working fine for me (see statements few posts above).

newdigital:
forexjim,

I explained.

Besides, VHF is something as Highest - Lowest,

And if T3_VHF 0.6 - it is for buy.

may be - something with this value which can not be catched for backtesting.

I do not know.

Besides, I do not think that someone will use martingale EA for 4 years (you backtested since 2007)

EA is working fine for me (see statements few posts above).

Hi, newdigital,

Thank you for trying to clarify.

Sorry I still feel confused: I used the same exact EA, indicators, preset, initial balance, broker platform on three computers. On two the result was profitable, on one the result was losing. The cause for losing was that the positions closed at a total loss on the losing computer. Which parameter in the EA controls when to close all open positions and start a new series? Why should the VHF not be caught on one pc and be caught on the other two pcs?

Could it be that a little bug in the programming was hardware dependent was the cause?

Thanks.

forexjim

Data is different.

Same everything but different datafeed for backtesting, different numbers of the bars and different ticks modelling. And it is very important for martingale EA - to have same data to start the trading (because I can start and my trades will come to 3th martingale cycle by increase lot size and closed with profit but you can start with 0.01 lot size with loss - and with same everything: for example only). Besides, there are some indicators which are very sensitive concerning the data (iTrend for example, or any volume-like indicators and so on).

As I do not know about your particular case.

I just described my experience with some other EAs.

Trade, why you are backtesting?

forexjim:
Hi, newdigital and mrtools,

I used the same EA, indicators, setting

EA: from post #4090

Timeframe: M1

Preset: from post #4090 plus OsMatf=0, Cogtf1=0, Cogtf2=0

Platform: FXCM mt4

Initial balance: 30000

Period: 2007 to 2011

Only trade long

on three computers with opposite results (See details attached).

Why?

Thank you for advising and educating.

forexjim

New findings!

On the losing computer, trade "short only" or "long & short", then the positions close with total profit.

Really weard! What is mystical about "long only" that causes the positions to close before reaching total profitable? Which part in the mq4 file decides when to close positions?

Of course I intend to trade live with this EA. But only with understanding and comfort. Otherwise I would not spend so much time testing it.

forexjim

i see many false signals the last days...

@mrtools:

how difficult is it to implement another indicator? i think the smi is not so good. i would prefer the TDI. the TDI gives clear signals (green crosses red and otherwise) and i have seen a strategy based on the TDI, which is very very successful.

snowyHH:
i see many false signals the last days...

@mrtools:

how difficult is it to implement another indicator? i think the smi is not so good. i would prefer the TDI. the TDI gives clear signals (green crosses red and otherwise) and i have seen a strategy based on the TDI, which is very very successful.

Can you please post the TDI you are talking about and will test it aganist the Smi, implementing it is an easy thing.

tdi_red_green.mq4

@mrtools:

attached you find the indicator. you can also take a look in this forum, there is the strategy explained, with screenshots. for manual trading heiken ashi candles are used to see the trend better, but i think for an ea its not necessary.

thank you!

Files:

ND. If i wanted to limited the number of trades to 5 would i have to change any other parameters?. Thanks.

snowyHH:
tdi_red_green.mq4

@mrtools:

attached you find the indicator. you can also take a look in this forum, there is the strategy explained, with screenshots. for manual trading heiken ashi candles are used to see the trend better, but i think for an ea its not necessary.

thank you!

ok know about this indicator will test and see what i can come up with.

Reason: