10points 3.mq4 - page 344

A miracle

davidke20:
John,

There is a bug that I forgotton to change the Risk to Double. I was using Integer instead of fractal. The risk can only set to minimum 1%, therefore I make another version and named it after v0.02 to avoid confusion. Besides, the Account size you're holding is only lucky survival. It wouldn't have enough margin to cover the losses when market turned the other way round. So, if your demo account get up to 200 dollars balance, that would be a miracle, and the EA could have function well for a very long time to see some good retun in the near future. All we can do now is hope and pray that NFP will not trigger another lossing trade for this EA.

Regards

David

As David said in his post # 3068 page # 307 it would be a miracle if this account survived to get up to a $200 balance.

This forward test began on the 26th November and my first post was # 3034 page # 304, since then I have posted results regularly. The EA has been virtually hands free except that I had changed the TF to H1 but changed back after the trades slowed down and I changed the MaxLot to 5 in case like my live account it had funds to trade the next level 2.24.

The 10p3v0.02 is attached again below together with my set file. Also the latest detailed statement and balance gif.

The account is an IBFX mini trading .01 = 1c and currently has a balance over $200.

John

Files:
10p3_4.gif  46 kb
10p3l.htm  310 kb
10p3l.gif  5 kb
10p3v0.02.mq4  11 kb
10p3.set  1 kb

yeoeleven:
As David said in his post # 3068 page # 307 it would be a miracle if this account survived to get up to a $200 balance.

This forward test began on the 26th November and my first post was # 3034 page # 304, since then I have posted results regularly. The EA has been virtually hands free except that I had changed the TF to H1 but changed back after the trades slowed down and I changed the MaxLot to 5 in case like my live account it had funds to trade the next level 2.24.

The 10p3v0.02 is attached again below together with my set file. Also the latest detailed statement and balance gif.

The account is an IBFX mini trading .01 = 1c and currently has a balance over $200.

John

hello john, what's the biggest impact would be if I use this version & your settings but I change from mini to standard account?

Difference

pagebluk2007:
hello john, what's the biggest impact would be if I use this version & your settings but I change from mini to standard account?

The biggest impact would be the size of the trades especially when they escalate as they will. You have not mentioned the account size and that is totally critical. If you take my settings with an account of $1000 ($100 X 10) you will find out soon that it will trade up to .81, sure the no money message will come up if it tries to trade 2.73 but a continued price slide will get you very soon into trouble.

The last trade with the mini account went up to .81 and the draw down hovered around $25 and that would be $250. My live account previously suffered a loss of $162 ($1620)and luckily survived the rest of the trades when it took a 2.41 level trade. Don't forget I am still using this EA on a live account still and making money with it.

So the biggest impact would be in your ability to watch trades getting up to $700 draw down and refrain from taking over and closing the trades. All things being equal my previous 2 months of forward testing suggests that all will be well if you multiply my demo account size by 10. $200 X 2 = $2000 and maintain my settings.

But who knows what the next trade will bring? It is very possible that the next trade could ruin the account. The MaxTrades in relation to the account balance is critical. If this was a live account and I had doubled it I would have removed funds progressively until I had my original deposit in a sub account and then only would I feel safe.

Good luck,

John

yeoeleven:
The biggest impact would be the size of the trades especially when they escalate as they will. You have not mentioned the account size and that is totally critical. If you take my settings with an account of $1000 ($100 X 10) you will find out soon that it will trade up to .81, sure the no money message will come up if it tries to trade 2.73 but a continued price slide will get you very soon into trouble.

The last trade with the mini account went up to .81 and the draw down hovered around $25 and that would be $250. My live account previously suffered a loss of $162 ($1620)and luckily survived the rest of the trades when it took a 2.41 level trade. Don't forget I am still using this EA on a live account still and making money with it.

So the biggest impact would be in your ability to watch trades getting up to $700 draw down and refrain from taking over and closing the trades. All things being equal my previous 2 months of forward testing suggests that all will be well if you multiply my demo account size by 10. $200 X 2 = $2000 and maintain my settings.

But who knows what the next trade will bring? It is very possible that the next trade could ruin the account. The MaxTrades in relation to the account balance is critical. If this was a live account and I had doubled it I would have removed funds progressively until I had my original deposit in a sub account and then only would I feel safe.

Good luck,

John

Very enlightening! Thank you John. I've a plan to deposit $250 for standard real account, but according to your explanation I know it's way much too risky.

Hi,

Is there a version of 10points3 EA, that starts trading at given time, and CLOSES all open orders at given time.

I'd like to check the result of running it only during Asian session.

This is my statements (10p3v0.03 EA).

Files:

newdigital:
This is my statements (10p3v0.03 EA).

Thanks for the test. Looks good.

Regards

David

no open trade

davidke20:
Thanks for the test. Looks good.

Regards

David

anybody can help me, why there is no any open trade??. Is there any a certain condition ??

yoha:
anybody can help me, why there is no any open trade??. Is there any a certain condition ??

Check your smiley face, then whether its trading time. No trading after 13:00 ~ 1800 your broker time. Wait until MACD cross. If in doubt, start reading from page 303, try to understand how it open trade.

Regards

David

Reason: