10points 3.mq4 - page 305

Account size

Million_Fund:
why only usd78? is it remaining balance after margin call? hehe

I am using a demo account with $78 left in it so that I can see if this EA can perform and succeed on a small account. Demo accounts are for trial and experiment and if this one has dropped to $78 obviously one or two experiment didn't succeed.

It is very easy to open demo accounts for huge amounts but what good will that do if you find that the EA will perform at that level but you can not use it live at that level because you lack the funding.

Perhaps you would like to download the EA that David has freely provided and run it on a larger account and then post your findings. I am sure many would be more interested in seeing a detailed statement than your attempt at humor.

John

yeoeleven:
I am using a demo account with $78 left in it so that I can see if this EA can perform and succeed on a small account. Demo accounts are for trial and experiment and if this one has dropped to $78 obviously one or two experiment didn't succeed.

It is very easy to open demo accounts for huge amounts but what good will that do if you find that the EA will perform at that level but you can not use it live at that level because you lack the funding.

Perhaps you would like to download the EA that David has freely provided and run it on a larger account and then post your findings. I am sure many would be more interested in seeing a detailed statement than your attempt at humor.

John

It's true

When I test an EA in demo account, I also adjust to how much amount I'd use in real account. So then if the EA work well in demo we can use in real account with not much difference result.

I've been backtested the lass EA posted on 27-nov-2007 (post#3028, 10p3v0.01.mq4), with the set file that was posted in the same post.

I backtested with Alpari MT4.

The account became empty.

Where did I go wrong?

On which timeframe should it be tested?

Which pair Should I test?

sam123:
I've been backtested the lass EA posted on 27-nov-2007 (post#3028, 10p3v0.01.mq4), with the set file that was posted in the same post.

I backtested with Alpari MT4.

The account became empty.

Where did I go wrong?

On which timeframe should it be tested?

Which pair Should I test?

Can you please post your backtest statement here? If not, I also dont know what is wrong with you.

Regards

David

See attached

Files:

davidke20,

I also read your nice blog. Good luck to you. (by the way, you have the best food in Malaysia)

sam123:
davidke20, I also read your nice blog. Good luck to you. (by the way, you have the best food in Malaysia)

OK Sam. You need to change your TimeFrame to H1. And this system probably work on EURUSD ONLY. The reason you blew up your strategy tester is because of M1, the MACD formation not enough to touch the TP. So it losses all the money.

Yes. A lot of good food around. Thats how I make myself looks like a pig.

Regards

David

Ok.

Attached the results for the EA for EurUsd TF=1H.

See what happened from 26-Nov-2004.

One more thing: I also run it live (forward test) on a demo account, and it opens the first lot size much bigger than it has to be. For example: I decided that the first lot will be 0.01 and it started with 0.48. Why is that?

sam123:
Ok.

Attached the results for the EA for EurUsd TF=1H.

See what happened from 26-Nov-2004.

One more thing: I also run it live (forward test) on a demo account, and it opens the first lot size much bigger than it has to be. For example: I decided that the first lot will be 0.01 and it started with 0.48. Why is that?

I wouldn't go back that far to 2004, because market sentimen has changed. This EA is not safe in the sense that when market sentimen changed, and the retraction wasn't generate enough profit, it will not able to close off the piled up positions. The test I did was 2006 ~ present, and they looks good. ?Now, the reason you get bigger lot size is because you let the money management set to TRUE. Turn it off inorder to use your prespecified lot size, or the EA will decide the lot size according to your account balance.

Regards

David

Here is another test.

This time I started at December 2006 and still no good results.

I also changed MM to False.

What is wrong now?

(I am sorry I am asking too much questions, I just want it to work for me as good as it works for you)

Thanks,

sam123

Reason: