Can you test an EA for the future ? in Strategy Tester on MetaTrader5 not with a broker

Can you _test_ an EA for the future ? in Strategy Tester on MetaTrader5 not with a broker ? Not only in the past ? I use free EAs like Roman5 and I cant test it for the future why ? Do you know a free EA that I can test for the future in markets...

--Jon 

jonano:

Can you _test_ an EA for the future ? in Strategy Tester on MetaTrader5 not with a broker ? Not only in the past ? I use free EAs like Roman5 and I cant test it for the future why ? Do you know a free EA that I can test for the future in markets...

--Jon 

data of future ?

if you have data then can test EA.

i am wrong ?  

jonano:

--Jon 

This is senseless.

can you trade with EA in the future, for future date, for example from today to 2014 ? is it possible or not ? I dont understand, I'm a novice in that so that is why I ask, I cannot evolve without you.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5

jonano:
can you trade with EA in the future, for future date, for example from today to 2014 ? is it possible or not ? I dont understand, I'm a novice in that so that is why I ask, I cannot evolve without you.
Of course it's not possible. Future doesn't exist yet, how can you get data from future ?

but how can you earn money with an EA with past results, a robot will play on markets for now and earn money for a period ahead of you, you cannot earn money for past results, because markets wont allow to see litttle amount and big amount, if you see them completly in the past, just bid always on high always, when I trade myself with my hand and my eyes, it is for the now. Explain me how we earn money with EA, if it is ever possible..

what is online mode with an EA ?

jonano:
but how can you earn money with an EA with past results, a robot will play on markets for now and earn money for a period ahead of you, you cannot earn money for past results, because markets wont allow to see litttle amount and big amount, if you see them completly in the past, just bid always on high always, when I trade myself with my hand and my eyes, it is for the now. Explain me how we earn money with EA, if it is ever possible..
Ok, now I see what you mean. You are talking about the Strategy Tester, but about a forward test on a demo account. You simply have to attach the EA to a chart and lets it run.

ok thanks man, I learn fast with you. Hopefully you are there. My teacher :)
Reason: