10points 3.mq4 - page 302

V12Beta that making big chunk during ranging months. But got killed the next month. Sad that the demo money cant withdraw. Thanks to John aka Yeoeleven on his brilliant forward testing.

Files:
v12nf15.gif  5 kb
v12nf15.htm  71 kb

My own V12 testing. And got stucked again when I was so stupid to tweak up the Risk Management, the EA did not got up to the MaxTrade because of not enough margin. Stupid me.

Files:
v12_beta.gif  5 kb
v12_beta.htm  97 kb

Most of the RB26 result can be find at its own thread here. I also attached my demo here, so you can have a quick view. Ofcourse, this 1 making money darn slow, and giving back very quickly. The reason is when we follow trend, the profit from the 1st trade is always being taking in to TP. When making money, we make from the lowest lot size. When market turn around, we loss at the maxtrade So, we need 32x profitable trades in a row to survive 1 stop loss with MaxTrades of 5. So, forget about it. Wrong approach.

Regards

David

Files:

--Id--:
Would you atributte that loss to the strong trends? Or news? Or both? That would actually make me very happy, for I only use 10p3 on ranging markets and no big news...

Sorry to say, but it was all trends. Maybe a couple of them were inspired by news, like this eur rally after bad nfp, but all the rest were slow and steady moves i one direction, sometimes taking even 2 days to complete. 15p pipstep probably is too agressive, but it made +50% in the first 1.5 months, so things were green for some time.

Hello everybody; Hello David,

could you tell me please where i can find V12 and RB 26, i would like to forward test on ibfx and mig, i' am interested in martingale systems.

Thank you.

Here is the EX4 that I'm testing on. I hope you dont mind because I'm not posting the MQ4, because there's been too much crooks around stealing our work and result and sell it with some funny name... what... C*nquest, D*stiny, Micky Mouse, Xmen... etc.. etc... rubbish that will cost thousands of dollars. I've attached with my set file too if you wanted to test simultaneously with my settings. But that doesn't bring the meaning of forward testing anymore. Same setting doesn't need more then 1 person to find out the actual profitable value. If you can find out some other good settings, it will be great too. Cheers.

Regards

David

Files:
sr20det.ex4  15 kb
sr20.set  1 kb
sr20_1.gif  23 kb

The problem with martingaling is that you first need a very high win-rate, and second, you are resigning yourself to forever trading micro/mini lots. Why? because with martingaling the lot-progression rate grows very quickly. Many brokers limit your maxlot size to 20 lots, which may seem huge (who wold be comfortable trading this size, knowning that if it didn't 'work-out' you were back to flipping burgers - not me that certain!) but is hit very often when martingaling.

Below is a scalper of mine, which employs different lotsize strategies with 0.1 lots as the base-lotsize.

The first, Martingaling hits the WHC-broker 20 hit limit relatively quickly and the EA stops trading. Next, D'Alembert position sizing. This grows account size very nicely as long as the win-rate remains constant. Things turn ugly when this changes though. Finally, Binary position sizing. This appears to be more robust but grows account equity much more slowly. Nicer equity curve though.

So in my opinion, while martingaling may have it uses, there are better, less risky alternatives around.

Thanks a lot, i'll be pleased to post my settings if find interesting ones.

Thanks again

omelette:
The problem with martingaling is that you first need a very high win-rate, and second, you are resigning yourself to forever trading micro/mini lots. Why? because with martingaling the lot-progression rate grows very quickly. Many brokers limit your maxlot size to 20 lots, which may seem huge (who wold be comfortable trading this size, knowning that if it didn't 'work-out' you were back to flipping burgers - not me that certain!) but is hit very often when martingaling.

Below is a scalper of mine, which employs different lotsize strategies with 0.1 lots as the base-lotsize.

The first, Martingaling hits the WHC-broker 20 hit limit relatively quickly and the EA stops trading. Next, D'Alembert position sizing. This grows account size very nicely as long as the win-rate remains constant. Things turn ugly when this changes though. Finally, Binary position sizing. This appears to be more robust but grows account equity much more slowly. Nicer equity curve though.

So in my opinion, while martingaling may have it uses, there are better, less risky alternatives around.

Those are very nice equity curves. Mind to throw us a bone? My point is, to find a very good entry point is relatively hard, just as hard has getting the 5pips profit to close. Broker will always have a problem with that. If I have a higher winning ratio, I'd be rather throw away all the martingale position sizing(including Cost Averaging, Traditional double down martingale, D'Alembert too). Imagine, with 90% winning ratio, throw a 10% / trade static MM. Its good enough to make a great chunk out of it. Why risk more? Meanwhile, I do get similar result on USDJPY without having martingale system on it. Pure MM Ok. This is just a discussion. Please dont feel offense. My english learnt from TV series through the subtitles only, have very limitted vocabulary in my brain. Seriously, I dont even have a dictionary in my house.

Regards

David

Files:
usdjpy_1.gif  6 kb
usdjpy.htm  143 kb
chfjpy.gif  6 kb
chfjpy.htm  73 kb

Ofcourse, its horrible to face the reality when compare it with the backtester.

Files:
Reason: