OddevenEA : Based on pure probability :) and luck.... - page 10

I suppose a longer Weighted MA could be coupled with this as an additional filter.

... Also there is a very interesting self-adjustable dynamic type of RSI that could be a very exciting custom indicator to use in the new thread.

ES

I really don't think you are going about this in the right way. The premise for this thread as I understand it was to try and see if trade direction contributed significantly in a positive manner in the long run by opening trades with a random trade direction. So it makes no sense (to me) that you are trying to filter out what you are trying to test. Also, after testing all the majors with the latest version, none seem profitable...

I believe that it's not how you get into a trade that's important, more how you manage the trade once open.

Here's is the equity curve of an EA of mine that opens trades at random as well. It uses among other things, a combination of martingaling and d'Alembert to try and 'coax' it to profitibility - with some success

Files:

omelette:
I really don't think you are going about this in the right way. The premise for this thread as I understand it was to try and see if trade direction contributed significantly in a positive manner in the long run by opening trades with a random trade direction. So it makes no sense (to me) that you are trying to filter out what you are trying to test. Also, after testing all the majors with the latest version, none seem profitable...

I believe that it's not how you get into a trade that's important, more how you manage the trade once open.

Here's is the equity curve of an EA of mine that opens trades at random as well. It uses among other things, a combination of martingaling and d'Alembert to try and 'coax' it to profitibility - with some success

Any chance we can take a peak on the codes? Or part of the code?

Regards

David

omy.

Awesome work...If you call that coaxing what about when your real demanding?...my gawd!

ES

Great equity curve, Omellete

And ES, if we add to many filter, such as RSI as entry point, then it is not an OddEven EA anymore, but an RSI based EA .

So... our EA is at its limit then?

demam_emas:

And ES, if we add to many filter, such as RSI as entry point, then it is not an OddEven EA anymore, but an RSI based EA .

nope. You need money management. you need optimized stop loss/take profit, please refer here. If you understand how to use TP/SL to increase your accuracy, then you can include with different money management. Such as:

Cost averaging,

Keep buying on lossing BUY positions until market turn up and close all with minor profit

Martingale,

Open buy, if stop loss, double lot size and open sell. Until profit occur.

D'Alembert

Open buy 0.01 lot, if stop loss, add 0.01 to become 0.02 open sell. Keep adding 0.01 until it has a winner. Then cut down from 0.02 to 0.01. eg.

buy 0.01 loss

sell 0.02 loss

buy 0.03 loss

sell 0.04 win

buy 0.03 win

sell 0.02 loss

buy 0.03 loss

sell 0.04 loss

buy 0.05 loss

sell 0.06 win

buy 0.05 win

sell 0.04 win

buy 0.03 win

...etc...

Regards

David

This is what I mean. The drawdown is caused by the consecutive losses. Can see it spike down drastically due to double lot size. But it make by 2x when it wins.

Regards

David

Files:

• We should have random entry
  • 2:1 Benefit-to-Risk ratio on initial random entries
  • 3:1 Benefit-to-Risk Ratio on random trades that we have reacted to and they ranked there way to high probability...but this should be determined at entry through a filter that does not effect direction or the randomeness therof.
  • Initial cloaked Stops and TP's...slippage inputs, magic #, retries on missed trades due to dealer errors
  • A method to allow a basket to be traded.

You know...in my desperation to cause this method to work...if somebody actually knew how to make this to work...would they share? would they be reading a forum?...would I be able to grasp it if they emailed me with it?....

ES

The original thinking was to use the indicators as MM boosters...I strayed a little with the "no trade zone" I admit.

It is sad for me that I cannot get this to work.

I am not a believer in martingale, but this thread has opened my mind a little. A mathematical progression enabling a higher use of leverage has never been fruitful for me and I have really tried in the past. You should seek a method that has an edge for different reasons as martingaling can be deceptive and makes for miserable trading days...I have had them...it is not comfortable to be at the advancment you are brought to with such progressions.

I would like to see an indicator based money managment that does not interfere with the entry criteria of randomness.

All we need is a few percent to rank the winrate with...We are so close I believe.

I need to be slapped...otherwise I will not wear out endless ideas on David...I really need a revelation to come at 3:00 in the morning waking me up...(it has happened)

I really like this thread and I wish I were smarter, because I really need just one winning EA...I have been at Forex for sometime now and I am unable to make much work...I can only survive and not lose money...But I so much would like a system like this to work...as it could work for a long time.

It was encouraging to read what zupcon contributed as I read all of his posts and he always has something factual to contribute...you know he is that poster that when you read his stuff...it like turns a lightbulb on...David is another one fo those posters for me...But all of this does not matter unless we are consistently profitable...and I am the odd man out here as I can imagine that zupcon and David are able to make a living at trading.

Why should anybody share a componet to this wonderful premise? If any of you grow weary...just scrole back and read zupcons contribution...he said he has been working with randomness for years....

I believe that randomness should be able to become profitable out of the deepest of conditions..if it is to be an edge.

ES

demam_emas:

Reason: