10points 3.mq4 - page 86

0.01 problem

Here is what I believe is happening...

Since the LotPrecision is not set to 2 when starting at 0.01 then when it goes to place the 2nd order it is failing somehow due to an odd lot size progression although the ActualOrders variable is being set 1 higher even though an actual order failed. Then on the next go around when it checks orders it sees that ActualOrders is 2 and ConfirmedOrders is 1 and so the EA assumes an order closed somehow so it closes all other orders for that Symbol/Magic Number. I will put something in place to check if another order was actually created before incrementing the ActualOrders variable which is the way it should have been to begin with. Good catch John. I will continue to watch for a while but I believe that is exactly what is happening. Once I confirm and modify the code I will repost it here for everyone.

Progress

Thanks Matt,

it is all way above me but clearly you have a handle on it.

For the time being I have closed the EA and will start up the platform again when you post the revised version.

Keep up the good work and as you do we are all learning just a little more about what goes on behind the settings.

John

which one is better ? H1 or H4 ?

I think it should be possible to write LotPrecision based on the LotSize that you choose.

I'm sorry I don't have time to look at it right now, but I remember when implenting the Fibo code that it shouldn't depend on the user to decide the correct amount of decimal places necessary for the correct rounding to numbers.

some thoughts

*EDIT*

Although the problem with this is some brokers do not allow placing orders with lots sized like .11, .24, .31.

We could decide to round every lot placement to an allowable placement across all, so .10, .20, .30

I think I will add this to my Jug_Fibo copy, it is much simplier now, no need for a boolean.

I'm just using the LotIncreaseBy variable and inputing Phi, rounding it up will result in Fibonnaci Sequence.

Using the same calculations with any LotIncreaseBy value will give lots that can be placed on any broker.

Matt,

I can post the final tested piece of code if your interested in using it in your next revision.

Bah, that doesnt' work either, damn Fibo and 1, 1, 2, 3, 5 .. for values of 1 always get 2, unless check how many orders are open. /boggle

What should we do !!!

Thinking loud

I have seen the amazing performance on backtesting and live testing of the 10points 3.mq4 and its derivatives.

The 10point3 or any of its derivatives does not work well when there is big candle!!!

Mostly I would say 80% of the big candles happen due to the news!!! Then what should be done?

In my opining simply don’t trade news, but this is an EA which means it should run by it self, So what should be done ???????

1- If I am too lazy to shut down the EA during the news, or I simply have forgotten, then why not use the strategy created by wackena for the Firebird v3.1 to schedule the time to run the EA and avoid trading during the news, I have to agree with wackena it was an overkill.

2- Try to develop the EA to handle the news, and create a strategy to make profit in news or cut losses during news, which is what the good guys in this thread are doing now!!! It’s NOT an easy job since we know that news are not bounded by any rules!!!

I am not a programmer but we have to teach the EA how to see/find/ detect the news (big currency movement) and then we decide we trade hedge or stop the EA.

Could we detect news without looking the in calendar? When there is news mostly the 10point3 and its derivatives start to place orders simultaneously and very fast, because of the big candle movement!! So we need to detect this movement and try to avoid it.

Ok now let’s say we add a time factor here.

Case there were 3 or 5 orders opened simultaneously in less than ( x seconds ) that means it’s a big fast candle, then we send a command to close all the orders with loss, and I would suggest not to hedge but to wait at least 5 minutes before letting the EA placing more orders so as not the be caught in the reverse candle and lose more money.

Ex: Lets say every time an order is placed by the 10point3, we place a timer of a value of 10, then the value decreases within 10 sec. then we keep checking the added value of the Goblin orders.

Now lets say the Goblin opens 3 orders and the added value of the timers was something like 27 ( 8 + 9+ 10 ) that means it’s a fast trend and the 10point3 is placing orders very fast so we either close the orders with losses and wait for some time lets say 5 min, or take a hedge position

This is just an idea, I am not programmer I was just thinking out loud, I am not sure if it is applicable !!! so if what I said sounds silly or stupid then please forgive me

Week's results

yeoeleven:
I closed off Goblin1 and 10points 3 Dynamic Stop prior to the NFP announcement to avoid the potential hassles that some have experienced. It is the only news announcement that I take that action with for the reason that it is always the most volatile announcement and always comes on Friday giving little time to get out of trouble if it goes against the EA.

My earlier experiments during the week with Maxtrades13 to experience a 1.5 progression did not work out so well and has slowed down the profitability on both somewhat.

John

I have quoted from the Goblin thread where both detailed statements can be found. Jugulator is in limbo for me just now whilst the .01 queries can be solved and my testing of 10pointsFibo ran into a brick wall when the platform became unavailable and my account invalid.

I hope to get back on track with both those EAs for next week's trading.

John

Jugulator test

Badly hit today.

USDCHF, USDJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, H4, IBFX.

Starting balance: $5000

LotSize=0.10000000

LotPrecision=1

TakeProfit=38.00000000

OrderSlippage=5

MaxOrders=10

Pips=15

LotsIncreaseBy=1.60000000

MoneyManagement=0

RiskPercent=5

AccountType=0

Magic=20061113

The 10point3 did it thing on the news today and take off 40% of the account

tomstaufer:
Badly hit today.

USDCHF, USDJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, H4, IBFX.

Starting balance: $5000

LotSize=0.10000000

LotPrecision=1

TakeProfit=38.00000000

OrderSlippage=5

MaxOrders=10

Pips=15

LotsIncreaseBy=1.60000000

MoneyManagement=0

RiskPercent=5

AccountType=0

Magic=20061113

Hi mtaboneweb,

I have looked at the code, but do not understand well. Could you please explain how those loss positions are closed? I think it is not due to ST, right?

Thanks!

i think 10p3 will perform much better for divergence entry..instead of following the indicator trend...they are lagging...we should use divergence.... thats the solution...otherwise it wont succeed

Reason: