10points 3.mq4 - page 64

abrs70:
can any programmer here shows which part of the code that has doubling formula? i want to change to 1.6times

for(cnt=1;cnt<=OpenOrders;cnt++)

{

if (MaxTrades>12) { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*1.5,2); }

else { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*2,2); }

}

What's funny is if MaxTrades > 12, it's hardcoded to switch to a 1.5* increment.

abrs70:
can any programmer here shows which part of the code that has doubling formula? i want to change to 1.6times

{

}

Notice the hardcoded interval of 1.5* when MaxTrades is > 12.

Be careful changing that to 1.6 because the basic precept of this trading model is for trade intervals to double up lot sizes to bail you out of losing trades on a retracement and possibly catch some profit.

You might want to try decreasing MaxTrades to something like 5, and using a small Pips setting in the range of 5-8. This works well for me....zip-in and zip-out of most trade cycles with profit.

bluto:

{

}

What's funny is if MaxTrades > 12, it's hardcoded to switch to a 1.5* increment.

From what I've seen if you use 1.5 at any point you will see increasing loss from one trade to another. Using 1.6 not only maintains a profit for each new order but each new order will receive more profit than the previous. Going from 1.6 down to 1.5 would be a mistake in my opinion.

Test Result

I think this EA is very good. i have test this EA in 15M TF and until today, 5 days trading demo account USD 1000, i have collect USD 558 profit. Isn't that great, 50% in 5 days ??? very very good EA compare to another EA that i have backtested.

mtaboneweb:
John,

I have decided to make the changes to the 10Point3 EA that we have been talking about on this thread. I also intend to re-organize the code to make it easier to follow and ultimately easier to modify from here on out. Here is what I have on the to do list so far...

1) New order spacing, instead of doubling it could possibly go by 1.6 each time. This still makes the possible profit larger each time a new order is placed but also takes far less margin. The original x2 for 10 positions starting at 0.01 would take $511.50 in margin and the new proposed x1.6 for 10 positions would only require $113.50 in margin.

Times 2 would be...

01 - 0.01 ($0.50)

02 - 0.02 ($1.00)

03 - 0.04 ($2.00)

04 - 0.08 ($4.00)

05 - 0.16 ($8.00)

06 - 0.32 ($16.00)

07 - 0.64 ($32.00)

08 - 1.28 ($64.00)

09 - 2.56 ($128.00)

10 - 5.12 ($256.00)

Times 1.6 would be...

01 - 0.01 ($0.50)

02 - 0.02 ($1.00)

03 - 0.03 ($1.50)

04 - 0.05 ($2.50)

05 - 0.08 ($4.00)

06 - 0.13 ($6.50)

07 - 0.21 ($10.50)

08 - 0.34 ($17.00)

09 - 0.54 ($27.00)

10 - 0.86 ($43.00)

2) Set S/L based on Trailing stops so that older orders close when a new order placed would make it impossible for an older one to profit due to new T/P level. This should minimize losses if more orders need to be opened.

3) New way of deciding which direction to go in. I could use some help with this one. If anyone has an idea of a reasonable set of indicators/conditions to make this decision then please let me know.

Is there anything that I may have forgotten about? Does anyone else have reasonable requests that may help this EA? Feedback is greatly appreciated and I will try to get the new EA posted for everyone to test ASAP.

Matt

matt,

check out my similar system, i think if we somehow combine both of these we will have a kick butt EA.....let me know what you think....keep on phreaking

open a 15 minute chart...

1-initiate a buy with a 20 pip take profit at 0.10 lots

2-if it hits your take profit, cool, if not and it goes down 20 pips against you buy again, this time at 0.20 lots with a 10 pip profit, as soon as the 10 pip profit is hit, both orders are closed and you start again at 0.10 lots..

3-if it goes down another 20 pips, buy at 0.60 lots, at 10 pip take profit, it that take profit is hit, close all 3 orders and start again..

4-if it goes down another 20 pips, buy at 1.8 lots, at a 10 pip profit, it the take profit is hit, close all orders and start a new...

5-if it goes down another 20 pips, buy at 5.4 lots, at 10 pip profit, if that take profit is hit close all orders and start a new...

* couple of things to keep in mind, you can start on mico lots, only do range bound pairs with a reasonable daily true range like the nzd/usd, aud/usd and the eur/usd.... how do you know when to enter long or short?? easy, open a 15 minute chart with a MACD, if the MACD is above the zero line, go long, if its below the zero line, go short, stay away from news anouncements

bluto:

{

}

Notice the hardcoded interval of 1.5* when MaxTrades is > 12.

Be careful changing that to 1.6 because the basic precept of this trading model is for trade intervals to double up lot sizes to bail you out of losing trades on a retracement and possibly catch some profit.

You might want to try decreasing MaxTrades to something like 5, and using a small Pips setting in the range of 5-8. This works well for me....zip-in and zip-out of most trade cycles with profit.

i have changed as following:

{

else { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*1.6,2); }

}

but the robot did not open 2nd position, it could be wrong code?? i always keep the maxtrades = 5, pip is about 15-20 as i leave it on during news. So far it works, i just wanna lower the margin and floating loss. Thats it.

Attempt of changes

Hi!

I work changing opening warrants, and immediately working in a minus to limit warrants. I hope, it will be more correct also a minus, will not be exposed at once. As soon as I shall change parameters and I shall test at once I shall inform results.

Greetings.

10points 3emsjoflo.mq4

Matt,

rather than reinvent the wheel it may be worthwhile to have a look at the EA's listed under 10points 3 on this page http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/_MT4_Experts/

The last EA listed is 10points 3emsjoflo.mq4 and the progression is listed is extern double IncreaseFactor = 1.64; I noticed that the trade selection was still MACD but it has a limiting factor of 150 pips based on Maxtrades10 with a 15 pipstep.

Without a coding knowledge the main thrust of the EA is lost on me but you may see some value in an examination of it.

John

Forward testing

yeoeleven:

The first continues from before and now concentrates only on EURUSD & USDCHR but with MaxTrades7 and starting at .05 unit.

The second uses all recommended pairs with MaxTrades10 and startes off at .01.

I want to see if MaxTrades10 will ever be closed by the Dynamic Stop and how soon will MaxTrades7 be breached.

This weeks results are attached.

John

Now a couple of days on #1 is still in profit but USDCHF increased to 1.6 twice.

#2 still good but GBPUSD increased to .64 twice and USDCHF & USDJPY once each. Still a long way from MaxTrades10.

John

Files:

I just openned a live mini account with FXDD. The minimum trading size is 0.1 lot, which equals $1000. The value of 1 pip movment is about 10 cents.

I plan to apply 10point3 only on the pair of Eur/USD. If I deposit $2000 into the mini account, can anybody tell me which version of 10point3 in its family will be most suitable to use. I mean not too risky to use.

Many thanks!

Reason: