HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 11

safareig:
Hi!

Fxcruiser, I appreciate your work. Don't get me wrong with my questions, but I wanna have things very clear.

Can you post a screenshot of your TF15 trade and another one of your system on TF30.

On tf30, the 12:00 opened below channel after the break out at 1,2807.

Then it went up.

SF

SF, which broker are you using? It is possible that we may have different data feed. Anyhow, here are the two charts (image#10 - M15 and image#11 - M30) you requested. I hope this helps.

fxcruiser

fxcruiser:
SF, which broker are you using? It is possible that we may have different data feed. Anyhow, here are the two charts (image#10 - M15 and image#11 - M30) you requested. I hope this helps. fxcruiser

Hi!

The broker I use is Alpari.

Thank you for the screenshots. Look at mine. All I'm trying to say is that when you have the cross and the a new bar opens out of the channel, you have a signal. On TF30 (your screenshot), you have 2 bars opening below channel. These were signals to short. The problem is that they went against the signal, that's why you do not see any full price bar breakout at the lower band of the channel.

SF.

Files:
tf15.jpg  170 kb
tf30.jpg  166 kb

clarify please

fxcruiser,

'a full break out' means that a bar has to open and close outside of the band. We enter once that particular bar closes. Am I correct?

OR do you mean when a bar OPENS outside the band we immediately enter without waiting for it to close.

Sorry for the simple question.

Thanks

ema's

Hi

I agree with radicalmoses that ema's are lagging, but I found the 14ema and the 34 ema helpful to determine the strenght of the trend. If price keep closing above the ema 14; it is a strong up trend and visa versa for down trend.

The other observation that I made today is when the 20ema channel stays between the 14 and 34 ema's, with 14 ema on top and 34 ema below the channel, it shows a strong up trend.

Happy trading

nesalc

HAMA Trade In Progress...

Here is a trade in progress for EUR/USD on M15. ENJOY!

082906 Trade Results...

Here are HAMA trade results for the US morning session. I am done for the day (night here 0829), ENJOY!

fxcruiser

All requests for indicators and template previous to this posting have been fulfilled. Please check you email inbox. Thanks.

Just closed the USD/JPY trade. Here is the final recap for US morning session:

EUR/USD +45 pips

GBP/USD +49 pips

USD/CHF +42 pips

USD/JPY + 4 pips

TOTAL +140 pips

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Looking at my charts USD/CHF didn't move that far going by the price breakout from HAMA?

-TPO.

I like the idea behind this trading model. It seems to give good a number of good trade setups. What I think will kill this whole idea though (and this is just my opinion) is if people start talking about the 'rules'. "Follow the Rules, and you will Lose." (How's that for a slant rhyme? )

Piponacci talks about price action, pivots, emas, etc when using Hama Pad and everybody should be carefully reading his posts (Not to take anything away from you, FXCruiser). He's talking about not blindly following the rules. He's talking about 'trading' the Hama Pad, not 'following' it.

If you try to trade Hama Pad in a purely mechanical fashion, by following the rules, it will fail in the longrun (they all do). If we use it to create 'setups', and then apply some discretion before entering and exiting, I believe we can be successful.

As usual, just my 2 pips. Thanks for this idea, FXC.

Keris

New to HAMA

I have viewed the sample chart with the basic trading guidelines and i have a question.

There is a section near the bottom that shows a "no trade zone"...what is this and how has this been determined to be a "no trade zone"?

Thank you

Reason: