MY TURTLES EA - need Testers - page 3

mikhaildgreat:
Hello Once Again thank you for your feedback, I fixed the bugs of the EA. So download the fixed version form first post, Beta2. before loading this EA delete all pending orders that have been generated by the first ninja turtle. But all Remaining Open Orders will be handled fine now, It will no longer try to Open new Pending Orders if It has been left out by the price, but will manage all the opened orders as it should.

Thank you again, pls post if you find anymore problems with the EA,

Mikhail

Hello mikhaildgreat.

I have started testing your EA on 1hr charts. Have downloaded your latest beta ( beta 2 ) but still seem to be getting the 130 error 2006.12.20 01:03:10 Ninja Turtle - System2 - (fixed lots) Beta2 AUDUSD,H1: OrderSend Error #130

I like the way this EA works, you have done a great job on it.

Basza

basza:
Hello mikhaildgreat.

I have started testing your EA on 1hr charts. Have downloaded your latest beta ( beta 2 ) but still seem to be getting the 130 error 2006.12.20 01:03:10 Ninja Turtle - System2 - (fixed lots) Beta2 AUDUSD,H1: OrderSend Error #130

I like the way this EA works, you have done a great job on it.

Basza

hello AUDUSD H1 ATR is currently very low which might be the cause of this. try changing to a higher timeframe or change ATR multiple to higher values. like "ReentryMultiple" to 1.5. I just attached the chart to AUDUSD right now and im not getting error...

Anyways hope that help,

Mikhail

Hi, ran a test very briefly and with a bad modeling quality (50), on a daily chart, trading 1 lot (fixed).

Wanted just to get feeling how this works.

The results are impressive! the EA is not optimized properly yet.

Attached a report for 2 months.

Did anybody report preliminary results? (just curious)

Cheers, Michal the Great.

Files:

sorry, here is the report

Look at it. Looks good.

Files:

Hello,

This seems counterintuitive to me. I say this because when we have many small losses, as expected by the drawdown of the system, adding the lots magnifies those losers as well. When you don't pyramid it allows you to exit those trades that would be negative with pyramiding, but without pyramiding you end in at least a little profit. See what I'm saying? When pyramiding it actually creates more situations for ending in a loss.

How did you program the EA to skip trades when the last trade was a winner? That seems to be a big problem many people are having with coding this as an EA. Thus, perhaps why I don't think the results for a non-pyramiding system are correct. Here is a link with a detailed analysis of the turtles method, including backtest results of not pyramiding:

http://www.technical-analysis.com/learnTA/ALookAtTurtle/ALookAtTurtle.html

I do agree pyramiding does produce more profits, but also experiences those huge drawdowns. The results on that page show that over 20 years you would gain 1000% without pyramiding and over 48000% when pyramiding.

I guess I'm just being stubborn. I'm looking to only make a consistent system to profit from and not necessarily something to make me $100 million. In time though. I'll be here for other thoughts and developments I find. Matt

mikhaildgreat:
Great Great Post, Thank you for giving the turtle method and the EA some tought.

OK ill try to answer all your questions:

1: Ive backtested the EA using exact turtle stradtegy but without adding lots and what happens is it suffers many small losses and when it finally captures a big trend the gains from the big trend couldnt cover the losses, but with adding lots(although more risky) is able to make huge, huge profits that makes the long losing streak insignificant. One big trend could easyly double the account. I think the strategy simply tries to minimize losses and maximize gains. But still has room for improvement.

2: With the Exits, I agree with you we can come up with better exits. the turtle exit although is great because its able to give the market some room to retrace, but if the market is starting to go flat you will notice the exit going closer and closer to the spot price until either the trade is closed or the market shoots up/down again. But the drawback here is that it take quite long before the low or the high trail stop to kick in and is very prone to whipsaw, Thats why i put the breakeven ATR, but we could still find better optinons.

3: This is a great idea, but this looks like a whole new EA. Actually Im also working on a "Turtle Scalper" where my goal is 98% win rate, but just small wins...( but this is another story)

This Ninja Turtle EA is just Beta version, so its still a baby and will mature to be what it should be with your help and suggestion. THe first step is to see how it performs with live market feeds, if the program proves to be stable(but I already found a bug yesterday), but when it is already super stable we can start oprimizing it to make it super profitable, added options such as timefilter, trailing stop, etc.

So Once Again thank you, thank you for your ideas and suggestion, just keep them comin!

Kind Regards,

Mikhail

hi

kenari05:
what time frame?

I'm prefer 30 m - 1 h

====================

Forex Indicators Collection

permanentjaun:
Hello,

This seems counterintuitive to me. I say this because when we have many small losses, as expected by the drawdown of the system, adding the lots magnifies those losers as well. When you don't pyramid it allows you to exit those trades that would be negative with pyramiding, but without pyramiding you end in at least a little profit. See what I'm saying? When pyramiding it actually creates more situations for ending in a loss.

How did you program the EA to skip trades when the last trade was a winner? That seems to be a big problem many people are having with coding this as an EA. Thus, perhaps why I don't think the results for a non-pyramiding system are correct. Here is a link with a detailed analysis of the turtles method, including backtest results of not pyramiding:

http://www.technical-analysis.com/learnTA/ALookAtTurtle/ALookAtTurtle.html

I do agree pyramiding does produce more profits, but also experiences those huge drawdowns. The results on that page show that over 20 years you would gain 1000% without pyramiding and over 48000% when pyramiding.

I guess I'm just being stubborn. I'm looking to only make a consistent system to profit from and not necessarily something to make me $100 million. In time though. I'll be here for other thoughts and developments I find. Matt

Hello,

If you dont want pyramiding you can simply change the 'Maximum Units' to 1,(default is 4). There you will have turtle ea without the pyramid, but if you wont use pyramid i suggest you also change the Exitbar lookback to a smaller value so the EA could exit much sooner... Entry bar lookback= 55, Exit bar lookback = 5, and Atrbreakeven 1. and also lower timeframe. this is to make the turtle a bit more agile.

with that setup you will be able to exit much sooner to avoid losing streaks. But Please feel free to play around with the EA, this has not been optimized yet and the best combination may even be very different from the original turtles method. Just make sure that if you find a profitable set up share it with us

Also skipping after a profitable trade is turtle sytem1, this is currently just sytem2, but I will also develop system1 after this EA has been proven to be stable.

THanks for your post,

Kind Regards,

Mikhail

mikhaildgreat:
Great Great Post, Thank you for giving the turtle method and the EA some tought.

OK ill try to answer all your questions:

1: Ive backtested the EA using exact turtle stradtegy but without adding lots and what happens is it suffers many small losses and when it finally captures a big trend the gains from the big trend couldnt cover the losses, but with adding lots(although more risky) is able to make huge, huge profits that makes the long losing streak insignificant. One big trend could easyly double the account. I think the strategy simply tries to minimize losses and maximize gains. But still has room for improvement.

2: With the Exits, I agree with you we can come up with better exits. the turtle exit although is great because its able to give the market some room to retrace, but if the market is starting to go flat you will notice the exit going closer and closer to the spot price until either the trade is closed or the market shoots up/down again. But the drawback here is that it take quite long before the low or the high trail stop to kick in and is very prone to whipsaw, Thats why i put the breakeven ATR, but we could still find better optinons.

3: This is a great idea, but this looks like a whole new EA. Actually Im also working on a "Turtle Scalper" where my goal is 98% win rate, but just small wins...( but this is another story)

This Ninja Turtle EA is just Beta version, so its still a baby and will mature to be what it should be with your help and suggestion. THe first step is to see how it performs with live market feeds, if the program proves to be stable(but I already found a bug yesterday), but when it is already super stable we can start oprimizing it to make it super profitable, added options such as timefilter, trailing stop, etc.

So Once Again thank you, thank you for your ideas and suggestion, just keep them comin!

Kind Regards,

Mikhail

Mikhail it's interesting you had an idea to make a turtle scalper. I had the same idea. I'd love to see you develop this idea more.

I started playing around with the other Turtle EA code to adapt it to scalp. I don't know that this will be of any help at all but here is what I started doing...I called it the rabbit thinking on that esop fable of the tortise and the hare. funny association but that's what I though of. ...anyway...I havn't had much time to focus on it and I don't want to divert your thread. I just wanted to show you this and see if it helped. If you want to start another thread or work on my EA workbench thread you're welcome to. whatever helps.

working with your turtle Ea for the eur/usd I find the best result on the 4 hour chart .

Files:

Forward testing

Looking good.

John

Files:

I have a fundamental problem with this that I don't know how to resolve. Being that this trades on breakouts it's basically buying high and selling low if you know what I mean. Is there some way to make this enter buy more near the low and enter sell more near the high?

Reason: