HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 15

Oooops!

Sorry, forgot to attach the snag shot. Here it is.

de04:
This my report. I try this indicator for couple days. I think HAMA is good indicator but need another indicator to filter false signal. I dont know what indicator can be used to filter it. Any suggestion ? Sorry for bad english.

The Bands created for HAMA PAD system were meant to filter false signals.

All trend trading systems will be profitable only short number of times as the markets trend on 25% (less or more) of the time.The money is to be made in the trends which occur only small number of times compared to sideways movement. This is the nature of trend trading systems.

Often when such trend systems come up, it is very basic and people put their templates on the chart to trade it. At the very first loss, they begin to tweak it, change parameters, add new indicators which IMO, hardly contribute.

If we could filter out the sideways movement for a trend trading system, wouldnt it be the Holy Grail?? The way forward for this system is to find the statistics for this. How profitable is it for last 1year, what is the profit factor, consecutive number of losses/wins, drawdown etc. Only this will tell you if this system is worth trading or not.

Trend trading systems do have quite a number of losing trades in a row.

There simply is no way around it.

Hallo any body has gann hi & lo activator ????? cheers

hama bare channel

I have downloaded the channel tpl to the template in my Metatrader4.

it does not show up anywhere(as a template or an indicator)

swall:
how about adding price channel

swall, price channel stop works well on higher TF. However, it still faces the challenge of the sideways market, as shown in the snag shot attached.

fxcruiser

RickW00716:
I have downloaded the channel tpl to the template in my Metatrader4. it does not show up anywhere(as a template or an indicator)

Rick, please checkyour email inbox. I have sent you a new set with loading instructions. Thanks.

fxcruiser

083106 Trade Results

Please see the attached snag shot for combined trade results on the 4 majors. EUR/USD was traded live on Oanda.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

P.S. All requests for indicators and templates have been fulfilled as of this posting. Thanks.

fxcruiser:
Sorry, forgot to attach the snag shot. Here it is.

Hi Fx,

can you let us know where to get the trend traffic from ?

thanks

ian

fxcruiser:
Please see the attached snag shot for combined trade results on the 4 majors. EUR/USD was traded live on Oanda.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

P.S. All requests for indicators and templates have been fulfilled as of this posting. Thanks.

Hi!

How long have you been trading, fxcruiser?

You are a very good trader. I think you are one of the best.

I like people when make money, you know. Not a single lost. Not a single lost in this damn August market. Lets all be rich! And not a single lost with a "system" in the making.

Can you imagine the amount of pips you will make when you have it finished?

Congratulations!

SF

HAMA in Trend Traffic jam...

ianp:
Hi Fx,

can you let us know where to get the trend traffic from ?

thanks

ian

Right here is the Trend Traffic indicator and a quick instruction/guidelines on how to trade with it. Please obeserve this indicator first as to how it reacts with the price actions and determine how you can effectively incorporate it to your trading approach.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Reason: