Terminator v2.0 - page 10

Ducati:
I will be sure to let everyone know when I am being sarcastic next time:) Obviously no EA is going to turn 100K into 18 million in 8 months.

I know of a few that are capable of actually losing that much in 8 months.

Hi Everyone

Tom, thx for what looks like possibly the best EA around

I'm relatively new here, but, boy the reading i've done to catch up on events.

Got a question.

I've installed the EA on 2 platforms being run on demo accounts. One running on NF the other on IBFX.

They both on the H4 EURUSD chart.

On the NF account i have the smily face. On the IBFX i got an unhappy face, although they both say "no conditions to open trades". Is this normal? Or is there something wrong somewhere?

Also, I've been running the EA for about 24hrs now on the NF account, but no trades have been placed as yet. Anyone have any idea if on the H4 chart over the past 24hrs if any trades have been placed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

hades291

hades291:
Hi Everyone

Tom, thx for what looks like possibly the best EA around

I'm relatively new here, but, boy the reading i've done to catch up on events.

Got a question.

I've installed the EA on 2 platforms being run on demo accounts. One running on NF the other on IBFX.

They both on the H4 EURUSD chart.

On the NF account i have the smily face. On the IBFX i got an unhappy face, although they both say "no conditions to open trades". Is this normal? Or is there something wrong somewhere?

Also, I've been running the EA for about 24hrs now on the NF account, but no trades have been placed as yet. Anyone have any idea if on the H4 chart over the past 24hrs if any trades have been placed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

hades291

On the H4 chart it could take some time for trades to open.

On the IBFX account make sure in the EA settings (press f7) in the common tab you have 'Allow live trading' box checked and 'Ask Manual Confirmation' box clear.

tom

DUH!!

LOL...forgot all about that.

Thx m8.

Forward Testing

So I have been forward testing on two demo accounts. One is set to open orders based on option 3 and the other on option 5. Option three has already lost $2,000 in two days. Option 5 has made over $1,000 in two days and is even handling mad dog well. I am letting them run 24 hours and in both directions. If I go live I will open let it trade in the direction of the long term trend, and probably won't trade mad dog.

Ducati:
So I have been forward testing on two demo accounts. One is set to open orders based on option 3 and the other on option 5. Option three has already lost $2,000 in two days. Option 5 has made over $1,000 in two days and is even handling mad dog well. I am letting them run 24 hours and in both directions. If I go live I will open let it trade in the direction of the long term trend, and probably won't trade mad dog.

What's "Mad Dog"? For that matter, what's "Cable"...I keep seeing that one floating around too?

bluto:
What's "Mad Dog"? For that matter, what's "Cable"...I keep seeing that one floating around too?

Mad Dog is Sterling/Yen (GBP/JPY). Cable is Sterling/Dollar (GBP/USD).

Ducati:
Mad Dog is Sterling/Yen (GBP/JPY). Cable is Sterling/Dollar (GBP/USD).

Thanks, Ducati. Both of those pairs have caused much mayhem in my trading with EA's.

A very good EA, but...

Hi guy´s,

I downloaded this EA and do some testing and some demoing this good piece of work.. (Version 2.01)

Well... a very good and stable performing if you are good in discipline and money management, thats the key with this Expert !!

After some trying around i found the best setting are:

Timefrime: H1

Pairs:

USD/CHF

EUR/USD

USD/CAD (only short)

EUR/GBP (only short, here you get swap)

CHF/JPY

AUD/USD (only short)

EUR/CHF

OrdersBasedOpenOn: 0

OrdersToProtect: 3

MaxOpenOrders: 10

TakeProfit: 38

Pips: 18

All other default !

Why some pairs only short and only this pairs? Because always markets corrects stronger down than up, this is importent when pairs are trending. So i turn the dangerous pairs (witch have too low corrections up in a short trend) to only short. Use only these pairs because they have a lower ATR so they are not so dangerous... So we are on the safer side of live and sleep better ...

Also i turn the variable "OpenOrdersBasedOn" to 0 (use MACD only for identifier the trend direction)... Why ?? Because this is martin gale strategy and too much open orders in more different pairs bring you very very fast to margin call level. Imagine, MACD only is good in H1 Chart for this strategy. It´s no problem to get 2 -4 open orders in one pair... With MACD only you determine the trend not to exact, and that is that what this system needs to gain bucks. The setting 5 for me looks more as a counter trend strategy then a trender...

My highest neg. floating with those settings was -62 $ and the best pos. was + 85 $... (including todays NFP) So this is ok for me in my oppinion ! However, look at my statement than you will see why i use MACD and these settings.

I also totaly agree with tmaneval, this EA could be the holy grail if you use it right, he won´t make you a millionary in a year but it performs well if you don´t brake the rules.

I also attached an Excel Sheet where you can play with some different settings for pipstep, takeprofit and beginning lotsize, there you also see on the first look what happends if one pair trends extrem against you and open all the 10 orders, take a look, maybe than you understand better my attention... This was also a point i observed, it should be pairs with low correlations, that also make the game a bit saver !

My referral is to trade it with those pairs and settings with a min. 10k account and 1 microlot beginning lotsize at IBFX. IBFX because they offer a miniaccount with 1:200 leverage, the higher the leverage the better but i only tested and trade live with IBFX, no experience with North Finance and same stuff (some of them offers leverages to 1:500)

Any suggestions are welcome !

Hope this helps,

mr.trader

Files:

Fabulous contribution, mr. trader! Thx.

Reason: