Well working Trading System ! - page 34

I have another problem with TSv2EA but maybe it's me.

I use for test a very simple setting with no trail stop no BE just exit at market on volatility stop and open at addsignal with Vs confirmation (maxtrades:3), nothing more. You can see in the pic attached that some trades are exited not at the current vstrend change but the next same trend one .

Example. 3 buys are opened, 2 will be closed at vs signal the third will wait the next vs signal according to his trend. This can generate huge drawdowns. May be ND or the fabulous Igorad can take a look at this awesome EA.

Thanks.

Edit:

Ps: same problem with slippage: 10

Files:
tsv2ea.gif  23 kb

Hi,

You are right in the 1st case(small bug in TS). Try to change TrailingMode=3 for TrendEnvelopes.

Flytox:
I have another problem with TSv2EA but maybe it's me.

I use for test a very simple setting with no trail stop no BE just exit at market on volatility stop and open at addsignal with Vs confirmation (maxtrades:3), nothing more. You can see in the pic attached that some trades are exited not at the current vstrend change but the next same trend one .

Example. 3 buys are opened, 2 will be closed at vs signal the third will wait the next vs signal according to his trend. This can generate huge drawdowns. May be ND or the fabulous Igorad can take a look at this awesome EA.

Thanks.

Edit:

Ps: same problem with slippage: 10

Can you attach your .set file? I'll test EA with your settings.

Hello Igorad,

thank for all your works.

Attached is a very simple set file for testing purposes.

Files:
tseav2.set  6 kb

Please find updated statements for this version (one trade is open).

good day,

always trying to make TSea v2 working properly. The issue i have now is that the reentry (maxtrades) is accomplished only when all the choosen indies are set to mode 1 (confirmation mode). This is a big problem because it can open trades next bar even if price is going against your trade. It would be more profitable if the reentry occurs when a new signal ( mode 2) reappears. I took a look at the code and i don't understand why reentry do not work when an indy is set to mode 2. May be someone can enlight.

Thanks.

Flytox:
good day,

always trying to make TSea v2 working properly. The issue i have now is that the reentry (maxtrades) is accomplished only when all the choosen indies are set to mode 1 (confirmation mode). This is a big problem because it can open trades next bar even if price is going against your trade. It would be more profitable if the reentry occurs when a new signal ( mode 2) reappears. I took a look at the code and i don't understand why reentry do not work when an indy is set to mode 2. May be someone can enlight.

Thanks.

Sorry it's me, it works well, and it opens reentry trades with mode2.

Indicators

Hi!

Please explain how to read those indiucators which are used in TrendEnvelope EA and TrendStrength EA with screen shots.

What each colored lines mean and so on.

Thanks in advance.

pjo

Hi everyone!

To all traders who are using TrendStrengthExpert_v2:

I'm testing this EA with different setting. It looks profitable but the draw down is killing me. A few losses will wipe out most of the previous profits.

I'm using 4 major pair currency in this EA. I would like to ask those who are using this EA to share some info on the best setting for this EA. This EA have multiple settings which is quiet complicated.

So, what is best setting to minimise the draw down and have a consistant profit to grow the account? It doesn't need to have huge profit. Only need to have small profit and consistant.

Thank you for sharing.

Please find updated statements for the versions I am testing.

Just to remind: all the versions of this EA are on the post #20 of this thread.

------------------------

And if you want to find something very quixckly so go to this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044 (EAs) and this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176023 (indcators/manual trading systems) and this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (indicators coded especially for elite section).

Statements - see this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

------------------------

I am testing 2 versions.

TrendStrengthExpert_v2 EA is not trading often so I can not say anything now (testing since 02nd of September 2007). Hi timeframe.

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 EA is MTF or similar with MTf version and it should be tested more just to have any opinion about it. Testing since 16th of September 2007. H1 timeframe.

There are some other versions which I am not testing now (no space in elite server sorry): more simple versions, more MTF versions, Steinitz's like versions and so on.

Reason: