Well working Trading System ! - page 13

Sorry I did not have time to backtest this EA.

I think I will forward test it on demo with different setings. Because there are a lot of settings we may use so we need to select some good settings.

I will look at this EA tomorrow.

Today

The EA has opened one Buy position on USDCAD 4Hr - currently nicely in profit.

However, it seems to have missed some signals on other currencies (e.g. Sell signal on GBPJPY). I changed the Magic Number on each currency (I believe this to be OK?). Is there a problem?

Also, if you set no TP or SL or TSL will it work as a Stop and Reverse EA - closing the previous position when a new signal is received?

Regards,

Paul.

Results 7/10

Please see attached pic.

GBPUSD on 1H.

Caught the short trade, but did not close it out. Missed the long trade.

Files:
tee0710.gif  68 kb

I will look at this tomorrow.

I want to try all the settings just to know that it works well.

Thanks as always.

igorad:
Good news - TrendEnvelopeExpert is ready.

All inputs are described in the code.

Use with TrendStrength_v2, TrendEnvelopes_v2, AddSignal_v1, MAofHA, MACDofHA.

Igor,

Excellent work with the indicators.

Just a question mate, don't you think it's a bit pointless to produce an EA around these indicators, when we haven't even established the actual manual method itself works successfully? Thanks.

fx_geezer:
Igor,

Excellent work with the indicators.

Just a question mate, don't you think it's a bit pointless to produce an EA around these indicators, when we haven't even established the actual manual method itself works successfully? Thanks.

I believe that the first post in this thread is proof of that.

I realized that this EA is more complicated than I expected. Igorad coded everything: all single possible variation of this system was coded inside this EA. So, it is not simple EA. It is like trading tool.

So, I will try to understand about what we have. As I will not finish my understnding process for 1 or 2 days so I will type here everything from the very beginning. Because, if we want to improve something so we need to understand at least what we have here.

This EA is using 3 indicators:

- TrendEnvelopes_v2;

- TrendStrength_v2;

- AddSignal_v1.

If we want to construct trading system so we must use those 3 indicators and attach those 3 indicators to the chart.

AddSignal_v1 indicator is using the other indicators:

- MAofHA_v1;

- MACDofHA_v1

- and standard RSI indicator.

And because of that we must have all 5 indicators in /indicator folder. So, place those attached indicators to this forder C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\indicators for example and compile.

Place EA to this folder C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts for example and compile.

So we installed everything.

Files:
expert.zip  5 kb

Well.

I attached those 3 indicators to the chart and got the following:

Files:
h4_1.gif  24 kb

So we may see that it is very advanced EA: we may select any kind of signal to open the order, we may select timeframe for confirmation, confirmation bar, 3 kinds of trailing stop and many kids of exit options.

We may cionstruct trading system using this EA.

Tomorrow I will try to backtest every settings in visual mode just to understand how it workd. Then we will create preset files, for example:

- pre-set file #1: enter ..., exit, ... timeframe,... confirmation ...

- pre-set #2: ....

and so on.

Then we will try to construct trading system using those 3 indicators with several rules, select those rules in EA and will try to backtest and forward test.

I think it is not for 1 or 2 days.

I will continue tomorrow.

Reason: