CyberiaTrader..an amazing EA! - page 4

fikko:
I upgrade the EA to a new version posted in free forum. It doesn't generate any trade for NorthFinance. It generates many loss trade for Alpari. It is strange.... . Or this EA was just preety yesterday, and now it shows other face

There is much difference between the original posted CyberiaTrader and the latest version. The latest behaves so much better..it takes more than 1 pip profit frequently. But also needs fine tuning so keep playing with it..you will arrive at the right settings very soon. Look at my results and take settings from there. That should be a good start.

fxspeedster:
That sounds good Newdigital. But I think the fractals, MACD, MA, ADX etc. are also very good to use. Problem is that those filters are on current timeframe. I think an improvement would be to place them on the NEXT timeframe. For ex if we trade M1 then the filters might be on M5 or M10. Also could you add magic numbers if possible?

I did it. Will try to recognize in backtesting any differencies and after that I will post it.

Filters are different - it uses many indicators in one and finally it colored the bars. There are 6 of them in ASCTrend thread. It was already developed. So I inserted all. Will see.

Will post the EA in asctrend thread in this elite section because it is some improvement which I did inside ASCTrend thread and ASCTrend ideas.

Will try to backtest a little just to understand that it works.

newdigital:
I did it. Will try to recognize in backtesting any differencies and after that I will post it.

Filters are different - it uses many indicators in one and finally it colored the bars. There are 6 of them in ASCTrend thread. It was already developed. So I inserted all. Will see.

Will post the EA in asctrend thread in this elite section because it is some improvement which I did inside ASCTrend thread and ASCTrend ideas.

Will try to backtest a little just to understand that it works.

I am not sure you are going on the right track here. Hopefully Openstorm (the originator of this EA) can correct me and put us on the right path. Here is my reasoning. The EA is using the filters (MA, ADX, MACD etc.) to check the state of the market, not to get entry orders. ASCTrend basically gives average to poor entry signals so I am not sure how the EA can use it as a filter. Maybe between ASCTrend signals you can read its state (long or short or flat) and then pass the info to cyberiatrader. In other words CyberiaTrader logic is asking the filter: is it ok for me to issue a long signal? Is it long or short territoty? BUT NOT: give me an entry signal. Pls think about this before spending time to integrate ASCTrend..perhaps other filters would be ok. Honestly, I think the secret of success with this EA lies in its settings not in what can be added to it. Really ADX and MACD do a great job to keep it on the right side of the market. Pls post your thoughts. I am just trying to keep us on the right track and focus efforts where it will pay off the most.

Aboutthis amazing EA

I'm test this for couple of hours with all setings posted above for 15m. and 1h., but result is bad...

fxspeedster:
I am not sure you are going on the right track here. Hopefully Openstorm (the originator of this EA) can correct me and put us on the right path. Here is my reasoning. The EA is using the filters (MA, ADX, MACD etc.) to check the state of the market, not to get entry orders. ASCTrend basically gives average to poor entry signals so I am not sure how the EA can use it as a filter. Maybe between ASCTrend signals you can read its state (long or short or flat) and then pass the info to cyberiatrader. In other words CyberiaTrader logic is asking the filter: is it ok for me to issue a long signal? Is it long or short territoty? BUT NOT: give me an entry signal. Pls think about this before spending time to integrate ASCTrend..perhaps other filters would be ok. Honestly, I think the secret of success with this EA lies in its settings not in what can be added to it. Really ADX and MACD do a great job to keep it on the right side of the market. Pls post your thoughts. I am just trying to keep us on the right track and focus efforts where it will pay off the most.

It is nothing with logic changing. Probable you did not follow ASCTrend thread in public sectrion. I was talking about filters namely No1, No2 ... No6 in ASCTrend thread and there are no any ASCTrend indicator in this filters. It is the filters. I used it instead of MACD and so on. And it is nothing with entry sygnals or any. And it is nothing with ASCTrend indicators. Just a filters.

Probable you did not follow ASCTrend thread in public section.

Anyway I an doing it not for this thread. For the other thread in this section.

Hello I have two questions...

1) We need to add any indicator to the chart of cyberia?

2) Can it be used with other EA's working on same account? Even if it needs another MT

Thanks,

roger

backtest equity

For the skeptics, check out the equity test on a M1 backtest from 2000. it trades here 0.10 -0.30 lots and the test is not even 1/4 of the way through. Do you think this can make money??

Once more... M1 Backtests are not viable.

Look at the modelling quallity!

It is 25% at best.

lomme:
Once more... M1 Backtests are not viable.

Look at the modelling quallity!

It is 25% at best.

You need to get good quality ASCII M1 data from tickdata and import it into MT4..this is the only way. Then you get 90% modelling quality.

Are you saying that MT4 can handle tick data?

As far as I know, the smallest TF to import is M1 data.

Therefore testing with M1 data is not very good.

If someone gets 90% modelling quality for M1 backtest, pls show the report.

Reason: