Please excuse my newbieness

I am attempting to build my first EA and I have a question.

I would like to display up and down arrows when my simple condition is met in each case.

I have successfully put together a Custom Indicator to display this on the chart. However...I'm not sure how to go about using this in conjunction with my EA.

Am I correct in thinking that I have to replicate the coded conditions in my EA in order to trigger a trade?

If so...what's the real use of the Custom Indicator other than a visual representation of my trade entry/exit?

Or...is there a way for me to use the coded conditions (Already done in the Custom Indicator)...in my EA???

Not really asking for a hand out, just for someone to put me on the right path.

Thanks,

R.

Thanks jotrader.

I see that iCustom will get the value of a particular indicator at a particular "Bar" or "index" that I specify.

I will try to use this method on every tick to determine if my indicator actually DOES have a value...if so...then I will open/close a ticket.

I will let you know my results...

Have you tried Molanis Strategy Builder? You create the EA with a graphical tool. No need to code.

We also have a graphical environment to create custom indicators.

www.molanis.com

molanisfx:

Have you tried Molanis Strategy Builder? You create the EA with a graphical tool. No need to code.

We also have a graphical environment to create custom indicators.

www.molanis.com

Reason: