Great EA in backtest! - page 42

Forward testing results and settings

Hi

Please post some forward testing results. Has anyone some good forward testing results? Which settings and which TF?

Thanks.

This thing is trading just like I saw it do on the back test visual. I have wached it trade from jan 04 to sept 06.

I took a win this morning just befor 8am est (bad trading hour12). Thats 3 out of 5 that was winners this week. So far so good (knock on wood).

It just requires alot of patience. It can go days with no trades. Don't force it to take too many trades on 1 hr chart.

I have tried my heart out to make it trade more often on 1 hr charts and when it does the %'s suk.

Try back testing 1 hr charts in July 06. That is one of the toughest months I have had trying to keep draw down to a minimum.

By the way I didn't add befor I am working with 11 pip s/l. I get losses of 13 pips and wins of 10 pips. Its scary to have more of a s/l than that because it will only take 10-15 pips profits on 1 hr chart and any more s/l than 11 is just poor money management.

Some people using 20-30 pip s/l on 1 hr charts are crazy (no offence Kat). 3 losses will take 9 wins to break even.

Mabe on a daily chart.

Keep the risk reward ratio as close to 1/1 as possible.

Dave

Hey Dave, my time is really short today, just poppin in on lunch break...

would you mind posting the EA itself? I looked back a couple pages but I don't have the time to go back thru the whole thread to find it just now...I'd like download it a look at the code/backtest etc.

If you would be so kind as to put the settings you use in the EA and the version you are recommending all set up when I download it I would apreciate it. I'll check back when I get off work.

Thanks.

Shahin:
Thanks to xxDavidxSxx and kat.

Just for others as it takes a long time to backtest.

Backtest (89.35% quality) of version 1.88 default settings on EURUSD H1 gave bad enough results but not very bad.

I am on Cyberiatrader1_185f.mq4 backtesting now with kat's presets.

And am no stranger to hard work as I have already put in years in this and can read/write code nearly as easily as document (as I am an exellent programmer).

ok I couldn't resist....since you are a programmer, I wonder if you would mind looking at this EA...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

I started trying to make it recongnize candlestick patterns and use candle reversal signals as an exit rather than just stop loss....I really just started, I tried to get it to recognize a hanginman pattern. While my visual backtester shows it IS closing losers before they go to stop loss (which is good) it's not closing on the hangingman pattern. I don't know WHAT the heck it's actually doing....I 'tried' to get it to recognize a hanginman...alas....I would appreciate you seeing what you can do with it.

fyi the hanginman pattern is a bearish reversal signal. I 'should' only use it for exiting long position series. I know the EA is using it for both....it's a work in progress.

Aaragorn:
Hey Dave, my time is really short today, just poppin in on lunch break...

would you mind posting the EA itself? I looked back a couple pages but I don't have the time to go back thru the whole thread to find it just now...I'd like download it a look at the code/backtest etc.

If you would be so kind as to put the settings you use in the EA and the version you are recommending all set up when I download it I would apreciate it. I'll check back when I get off work.

Thanks.

Here is mine..

settings and all, only change the no trade hours to your broker.

this is the one I got on real account.

Dave

Files:

xxDavidxSxx:
Here is mine..

Dave

my broker is ibfx, i think that's grenich -7? so ummm...I don't know your broker's time...you have it set to 25 would I need to change it to 25-7=18?

Aaragorn:
my broker is ibfx, i think that's grenich -7? so ummm...I don't know your broker's time...you have it set to 25 would I need to change it to 25-7=18?

interbankfx is now gmt and i believe when the time will change to "wintertime" then its gmt-1. but now ibfx is gmt.

Aaragorn:

GMT = -1 for Interbank, just like stated in the comment

I was wrong:

Arthur_1_ is right IB is GMT now, sorry.

xxDavidxSxx:
Here is mine..

Dave

Hi Dave,

well done Thank you.

kat:
Hi Dave, well done Thank you.

YW....just wanted to see it perform on real account first. It made a successfull trade right befor bad trading hr befor news. This is what I expected. It likes market volume. The hour befor news people are entering positions and hedging them providing great oppertunity as the price fluctuates on the building volume.

I belive its important for it to be allowed to trade the hour befor and after news.

Dave

Reason: