Firebird v63G - page 39

You'd better show us your result of 2 week forward testing. Forward testing, after all, is more convincing. Post the result and the setting you use.

smalltalk:
You'd better show us your result of 2 week forward testing. Forward testing, after all, is more convincing. Post the result and the setting you use.

im in demo using NF.. and actually im trying about 4-5 EA on 6 charts..

so i cant show you the result of this performance on live test cuz it shows all result from different EA too....

i have apply it on 14th july and until now got 6 wins / 1 loss on live test

this is the setting apply it on gbp/usd - 5 min ..

Firebird v63H02

MA_length=15;

MA_timeframe=30;

MAtype=0;

Percent=0.1;

TradeOnFriday=1;

slip=100; Lots=0.5;

TakeProfit=20;

Stoploss=60;

TradeFrom1=0;

TradeUntil1=24;

TradeFrom2=0;

TradeUntil2=0;

TradeFrom3=10;

TradeUntil3=23;

TradeFrom4=0;

TradeUntil4=0;

SafeArea=40;

Fast_Period=28;

Fast_Price=1;

Slow_Period=84;

Slow_Price=1;

DivergenceLimit=0.002;

Use_V63D_Divergence=true;

PipStep=21;

IncreasementType=0;

DVLimit=10;

PipsGoal=500;

PipsLoss=500;

GMT=0; DST=0;

OpeningHour=14;

ClosingHour=24;

writelog=0;

Trust me. Firebird is a mean bird. It lures you into trusting it and then it picks you clean. Before going life at least try to trade one fast trend that Firebird can't follow. But if you can afford tying up 15 lots in it it might be ok...

eqnaz:
hi all, im new here but i ve used firebird since 2 weeks ago..

ive try to change the setting on firebird v63H02 many times on many charts with different timeframes..

and finally i got the best setting (i think) for me ...

i try to get the minimum stoploss cuz i hate to see the losing trades wipe out my profitable trades..

so with this setting i can enter 50% of margin for every trade..

one more things , i found that the set of 'openinghour' also make a little effect to this setting...

firstly, i didnt trust my strategy tester 100% cuz we dun know that the performance can be exactly same with live then i test it last week and now i see it is no different between live and strategy tester.my tester show me the same trade with my live trade .i reallly surprised with this..

my backtested show that it has a very profitable in June with 49 wins/ 4 loss and 20 wins / 3 loss from 1- 19th july

i'll continue test this setting for a several days from now before apply it to real live account..

this is my performance on strategy tester from 01 June 06..

it shows how 1000 can be 4000 in 50 days

Hi TraderSeven,

I pay much attention to what you're saying. As the creator of firebird, I believe that you know some hidden aspects of firebird EA. Would you mind sharing your experience with this EA?

Thanks

smalltalk:
Hi TraderSeven,

I pay much attention to what you're saying. As the creator of firebird, I believe that you know some hidden aspects of firebird EA. Would you mind sharing your experience with this EA?

Thanks

What can I say that wasn't already said in this thread....

I abandoned Firebird for two reasons.

1] I'm not a coder. Firebird was my first EA ever and the complexity of the code has grown above my head. I can get things working but when there are obscure bugs, like opening 50 trades on the same tick when backtesting, I'm really lost.

2] An EA short work in the long run. When you test it you will see it has an accuracy of 99%. Or even more. Meaning only 1 loser out of 100.

But that loser is so huge you break even as best.

There are several ways to avoid the huge drawdown but none of them proved worthwhile. At least when I looked into it. Today I accidently discovered people still are using the EA some maybe new things are discovered.

- Indicators. They keep you out of many profitble trades but it's not sure they keep you out of the big losing trade.

- Stoploss. Unless it's really part of the system design I feel it only should be used as a disater stop. Not as a trading rule.

Using it anyway doesn't doe much good in Firebird. (the version I know of) because:

- It kills good trades

- Firebird takes the loss and then reenters a second later. Meaning a $10000 loss turns into 10x$1000.

Maybe all of the above is outdated and fixed by others.

Basicly I coded the versions without a letter.

Some other people coded a few versions with a letter according to my ideas.

But now I see versions I've never seen before.

Hopefully a lot is fixed.

But it seems Firebird is recoded and improved under the name Phoenix.

Phoenix can also be found on this forum. Certainly worth a look I think.

I once saw some fortune cookie that said: If it looks very good it ain't

And that is a truth that holds in Forex.

Low drawdown + huge winners + lots of winners = Holy Grail = Firebird

And we all know the Holy Grail doesn't exit

another thread about firebird

hello,

for all interested there is another thread about firebird

http://forexfactory.com/forexforum/showthread.php?p=70147

At 99% accurancy, how do you explain that 1 trade can wipe out all profit from 99 trades? Even assumning Profit is 10 pips and Stop Losse is 300 pips

TraderSeven:
What can I say that wasn't already said in this thread....

I abandoned Firebird for two reasons.

1] I'm not a coder. Firebird was my first EA ever and the complexity of the code has grown above my head. I can get things working but when there are obscure bugs, like opening 50 trades on the same tick when backtesting, I'm really lost.

2] An EA short work in the long run. When you test it you will see it has an accuracy of 99%. Or even more. Meaning only 1 loser out of 100.

But that loser is so huge you break even as best.

There are several ways to avoid the huge drawdown but none of them proved worthwhile. At least when I looked into it. Today I accidently discovered people still are using the EA some maybe new things are discovered.

- Indicators. They keep you out of many profitble trades but it's not sure they keep you out of the big losing trade.

- Stoploss. Unless it's really part of the system design I feel it only should be used as a disater stop. Not as a trading rule.

Using it anyway doesn't doe much good in Firebird. (the version I know of) because:

- It kills good trades

- Firebird takes the loss and then reenters a second later. Meaning a $10000 loss turns into 10x$1000.

Maybe all of the above is outdated and fixed by others.

Basicly I coded the versions without a letter.

Some other people coded a few versions with a letter according to my ideas.

But now I see versions I've never seen before.

Hopefully a lot is fixed.

But it seems Firebird is recoded and improved under the name Phoenix.

Phoenix can also be found on this forum. Certainly worth a look I think.

I once saw some fortune cookie that said: If it looks very good it ain't

And that is a truth that holds in Forex.

Low drawdown + huge winners + lots of winners = Holy Grail = Firebird

And we all know the Holy Grail doesn't exit

That depends on your accountsize.

The SL never was part of the system design.

The only exit rule is a profit target. (Firebird never reached v1.0 so is not complete)

Every system always reaches the profit target. If... your account is big enough and you are patient enough. But of course (almost) prepared to wait 6 month to climb out of a 5000 pip DD.

Secondly the bugs. Suppose a 5000 pip strong trend. And SL=500

You just get stopped out 5000/500=10x in a row. That 9x because of bugs.

Finally a general remark that's also true for Firebird. Lots of system are killed because of misuse of SL. Just setting SL low doesn't mean you are better protected. It very often means the chances of loosing are much higher.

SL in a system airbag in a car. You hope to never use it.

If a system, by design has DD that's to big for your account/nerves then don't trade the system or use smaller lots. Never choke the system with a SL.

Take the best system in the world and trade it on a volatil pair with a SL=1 and see if it makes money....

maybe this will help

eqnaz:

so i cant show you the result of this performance on live test cuz it shows all result from different EA too....

hi eqnaz

check out the attached script.

place it in the script folder of your mt4 platform and drag it on any chart to execute it. adjust the parameters to your needs.

by setting the magicnumber parameter to a number equal to one of the ea's you're using the script will only process data for that particular ea.

set the OPEN_TRADES parameter to false to show closed trades only.

the resulting htm file you'll find in the "experts/files" folder.

AZBOfin

Firebird V1.0

Hope one day there will be someone who will improve firebird until it reaches version 1, at least....

TraderSeven:
That depends on your accountsize.

The SL never was part of the system design.

The only exit rule is a profit target. (Firebird never reached v1.0 so is not complete)

Every system always reaches the profit target. If... your account is big enough and you are patient enough. But of course (almost) prepared to wait 6 month to climb out of a 5000 pip DD.

Secondly the bugs. Suppose a 5000 pip strong trend. And SL=500

You just get stopped out 5000/500=10x in a row. That 9x because of bugs.

Finally a general remark that's also true for Firebird. Lots of system are killed because of misuse of SL. Just setting SL low doesn't mean you are better protected. It very often means the chances of loosing are much higher.

SL in a system airbag in a car. You hope to never use it.

If a system, by design has DD that's to big for your account/nerves then don't trade the system or use smaller lots. Never choke the system with a SL.

Take the best system in the world and trade it on a volatil pair with a SL=1 and see if it makes money....