Great EA in backtest! - page 30

http://www.cfgtrader.com/

i am still thinking whether cfg or interbank,so far in mt_yahoo group,interbank has a lot of complains and their platform down when there are important data release. I thought cfg was stable until yesterday, cfg platform was so difficult to enter during NFP and ISM data. Sigh....i really confused now,seemed that there are no good brokers around. I suggest Interbank and CFG not because of the reputation, its because this EA has the best result with the two brokers house in demo. I have a chinese friend who has a live account with CFG(though its not a big account) is running this EA on it. According to him this EA gives a better result compare to all other EA that he used before.

Georgiy:
Hi guys,

I just want to warn you about that CFGTrader company. I know people who knows those guys. The company has the WORST reputation here in US.

I tried to contact them to check and was ignored. Many people were cheated on $5000 average. All they do is to sell the basic indicators and classes for $5000 with 14 days return policy (14 days min return is a law in the US). Usually it takes that much to complete the transaction and clear your check. After that... you get the point. I wouldnt open a live account with them.

I don't have an account with them but just from checking out their website I tend to believe what you are saying. I always judge things on my gut reaction and their approach looks like a slick con to me....selling trading education.

Having said that, I could be completely wrong about their performance as a broker...but maybe not...

Gramski.

Gramski:
It's all been done if you read the thread. Try version 1.85f on 1-hr charts. The lots are limited (no large auto lots)and no 1-pip scalps etc.

But what return has this EA produced in a live account?

The only seems to be one person trading this live who wants to declare it, and that is a friend of Yan.

I'm not trying to be negative here, just realistic. If 1hour trading is the way to be accepted by the brokers then that is what we must focus on, and optimise the EA for that, and stop trading demos on 1 0r 5 min charts.

GMan

G-Man:
But what return has this EA produced in a live account?

The only seems to be one person trading this live who wants to declare it, and that is a friend of Yan.

I'm not trying to be negative here, just realistic. If 1hour trading is the way to be accepted by the brokers then that is what we must focus on, and optimise the EA for that, and stop trading demos on 1 0r 5 min charts.

GMan

Yeah I agree. Where are his statements?

well,will try to get his statement next week.

G-Man:
I ran one of the earlier versions, I think the one that created the initial interest, $10k to $1.7M and it slowly and surely killed the account. Don't worry, I think the experiment was worth the $114 it had!!

I may have had less than optimal settings, but I think it will be impossible to achieve the demo results some people have achieved on a live account. It is also telling that there have been huge variances in the performances of different traders demo accounts. I would bet that the same version and settings could be run simultaneously by different traders with the same brokers and they would get different results.

The work done here is exemplary, but I feel that utlimately it may be worthless. Lets hope not, but the reality is $10k to $20k in 2 days IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN WITH A LIVE ACCOUNT.

G-Man

You traded Pipsator or CyberLogic? On what timeframe?

nikkeifx:
You traded Pipsator or CyberLogic? On what timeframe?

I had EnableCyberiaLogic=True, BlockPipsator=True, on 1 hour timeframe, initially only for EUR/$, then I added in $/JPY.

G-Man

fxspeedster

I enter into a line extern string TimeTradeHoursDisabled = ";

Data 09,13,14. As soon as backtest reaches this place-test does not go further. You can correct code EA that backtest went up to the end?

yan7181:
best brokers for this EA is CFG and interbank, the rest are not doing well. hope this info is useful for you.

I am wondering why there is such disparity between brokers. Hopefully the developer can tell us.

I tried the StrategyBuilderFX feed and had significantly better results than the COESFX/SpotFX feed, both on demo.

I am now trying the Pro Version on COESFX/SpotFX feed and it is doing much better than the 1.88 or 1.86 opensources. However, since COESFX just started with their MT4 platform they don't yet have many banks for their ECN, so the spreads are not that hot... which is important for this EA. Thus I am a big chicken to try it live just yet.

forest:
I am wondering why there is such disparity between brokers. Hopefully the developer can tell us.

I tried the StrategyBuilderFX feed and had significantly better results than the COESFX/SpotFX feed, both on demo.

I am now trying the Pro Version on COESFX/SpotFX feed and it is doing much better than the 1.88 or 1.86 opensources. However, since COESFX just started with their MT4 platform they don't yet have many banks for their ECN, so the spreads are not that hot... which is important for this EA. Thus I am a big chicken to try it live just yet.

The real test of course is when you run it live.

Then we will be able to assess whether there is merit in the concept and if it is worth buying the rights to use the Pro version.

G-Man

Reason: