Great EA in backtest! - page 21

Feature needed for CT 1.80

The worst feature of current CT 1.80 is that it stays in a profitable trade for too long and then it gives it back. So I think the best solution for this problem is to have an internal timer that kicks in above a "MinProfit" floor pip amount like 6 pips for ex. If the pips dont go much higher after lets say 60 seconds..CT should take it -- regardless. This would be a good solution for this weakness..how many time have you seen CT in good profit and sitting on it for much time only to see it give it away and finally lose that trade? Can OpenStorm, Newdigital or a good programmer implement this? I have implemented it on my own for version 1.90 but my coding is not great and the timer does not always kick in. So to review we need: MinPipProfit" default to 6 and "TakePipTimer" set to 60 seconds by default. Every time MinPipProfit is reached, the timer starts counting..as long as profit pips stay above MinPipProfit the timer counts..if it goes below, the timer stops and resets to TakePipTimer..if the timer reaches 0 then profit is taken right away. Let me know if I can be of assistance in adding this feature.

Presets for CT 1.80 for europe and japan

I am posting the preset files for cyberiatrader 1.80 for europe and japan. You will notice that for the european currencies CT should not trade on 9,13,14 GMT and for JPY it should not trade on 9,13,14,23,00 GMT.

The GMT setting is set to default to 1 which is good for Alpari and CFGTrader. For InterbankFX you will need to set it to -1. Remember the GMT setting is the difference from GMT to your broker. As an example, if GMT is currently 1:00 and your broker's time is 0:00 (midnight) then the GMT difference is -1. The attached file is a true ZIP file containing the presets. Please post your experiences with CT 1.80. Thanks and thumbs up to those who are testing and striving to come up with improvements! For those of you expecting a pie to fall from the sky on your lap without putting in the necessary work and participating..realize it will not happen...

Files:

may i know who is forward testing on this EA and which broker house that you guys use? until now my best forward testing is with cfg, i started on monday from 50,000usd now is around 64,000usd. the other two demo which is multibank and mig are not doing well. your feedback is deeply appreciated.tq. good luck and good trades.

yan7181:
may i know who is forward testing on this EA and which broker house that you guys use? until now my best forward testing is with cfg, i started on monday from 50,000usd now is around 64,000usd. the other two demo which is multibank and mig are not doing well. your feedback is deeply appreciated.tq. good luck and good trades.

CFG is the best with this EA by far and the second is IBFX. Crown, NorthFinance, Alpari, MIG, FXDD dont cut it..their data is not high quality and they filter it. Neurex does not accept fractions of a lot so that is out unless you want to trade full lots. Stick with the best two, that is my recommendation.

2 fxspeedster: Thanks for your support & enhancements to opensource version.

Here is timecontrol function from commercial version:

/ Функцию подключить надо к EnterMarket (вход в рынок):

// Добавить в глобальные переменные

extern string TimeTradeHoursDisabled = "09,12,18"; // Здесь перечисляем часы, в которые необходимо обеспечить выход из рынка и не вести торговлю. Выходить из рынка нужно заблаговременно до выхода новостей (приблизительно за пол часа - час)

// Собственно сама функция для тех, кто хочет спать спокойнее

bool CheckTradeTime ()

{

// Сохраняем серверное время (часы)

int h=TimeHour(CurTime());

string s = "";

// заносим опять в строку в нужном формате

s = DoubleToStr (h, 0);

// Если значение часа односимвольное, добавляем в начале ноль

if (h < 9)

s = StringConcatenate("0",s);

// Ищем запрещенные часы торговли

if (StringFind(TimeTradeHoursDisabled, s, 0)== -1)

// Если текущий час не входит в запрещенный период - можно торговать

return(true);

else

// иначе нет

return (false);

}

hehe,i heard a lot of things about interbank,so i didnt bother to test their demo. well,i will stick to CFG, this EA will be affected by the price feed of the brokers as this are the major factor to decide whether it will succeed or fail, what i am afraid of is that the real account is different from the demo, as they stated two server. sigh.... dont jump into it yet guys, before it is fully proved that it can be done.

OpenStorm:

Nice to see this.

OpenStorm, it looks like your Open Source Experiment is working!

And, a tip of the hat to Fxspeedster!

OpenStorm:

extern string TimeTradeHoursDisabled = "09,12,18"; // Здесь перечисляем часы, в которые необходимо обеспечить выход из рынка и не вести торговлю. Выходить из рынка нужно заблаговременно до выхода новостей (приблизительно за пол часа - час)

bool CheckTradeTime ()

{

string s = "";

s = DoubleToStr (h, 0);

if (h < 9)

return(true);

else

// иначе нет

return (false);

}

Hi OpenStorm,

As I understand "TimeTradeHoursDisabled" means the following: EA will not trade during the trading hours specified. But it was written in Russian comments that it is necessary to stop trading at least half an hour before news time ("09,12,18" for example). Is it right? Is it automatically?

Theyre recomendation to stop trade 30 mins or hour before news. TimeControl stop trades exactly at hours, listed in TimeControl option.

will post new version of CT 1.83 very shortly

OpenStorm:

bool CheckTradeTime ()

{

string s = "";

s = DoubleToStr (h, 0);

if (h < 9)

return(true);

else

// иначе нет

return (false);

}

OpenStorm -- thank you for the function..I will incorporate it shortly into v1.83 and post it with a list of revisions including magic number.

Reason: