Great EA in backtest! - page 27

forextrades:
I have a question about the magic numbers. I don't know much about coding in MT language. The magic number has to be different for every pair, correct? Could I just change it to any number I want? What do the magic numbers enable the EA to do? Thanks in advance.

You can use Cyberia with the same magic number for 2 differents pairs.

But if you want to use 2 Cyberia with the same pair (in different timeframe), you have to use different magic number.

the experts confirm ?

Thanks to fxspeedster for his work.

seb:
You can use Cyberia with the same magic number for 2 differents pairs.

But if you want to use 2 Cyberia with the same pair (in different timeframe), you have to use different magic number.

the experts confirm ?

Thanks to fxspeedster for his work.

I'm not an expert, but I can say that that is correct =P

I'm trying to get the 1.85 cybertrader ea to use pipsator function...

on one platform I've got enablelogictrading=true and blockpipsator=false

one the other I've got enablelogictrading=false and blockpipsator=false...

neither one is taking one pip profits?! Why am I not getting one pip profits?? I'm running these on the one minute time frame.

fxspeedster:
I am considering permanently adding a new concept in CyberiaTrader in addition to the Pivot_day filter. As you all know larger price ranges follow narrow ranges and vice-versa. The ATR is a perfect indicator for this. In order to be more successful with the entered trades CT can enter only on narrower ranges which give a higher probability that the profit will be reached faster and more successful. I am testing this now in the beta version with good results, but before I implement it, I wanted some feedback. What do you think? Also can somebody post the normalization code for the iATR? scale 0-100 and we should enter only when the ATR (normalized) is under 50. Thanks!

I think this is a good approach. By the way, it is also possible to use BrainTrading indicators since they also use ATR. The only problem here is that there is no some ideal period for ATR that could be used all the time.

I like very much your idea on using Pivot day filter. If it works this could mean that some other pivots could work as well. It could be really very interesting to try Murrey Math levels as a filter, say, block sell from levels 0-2, block buy 6-8.

It is a pity, I don't have good programing skills except basic understanding of mql code, Cyberia is very interesting to work with.

No Trade bug in CT1.85 fixed

Sorry gang..there was a bug in 1.85 that prevented CT 1.85 to trade after the bad trading hours. I fixed it for now until the new version comes out and I named it 1.85f (fixed). Please use this version with the 1.85 presets posted originally. This is identical to 1.85 and only contains the no trading fix. We should have caught this earlier.

Files:

alexq:
I think this is a good approach. By the way, it is also possible to use BrainTrading indicators since they also use ATR. The only problem here is that there is no some ideal period for ATR that could be used all the time.

I like very much your idea on using Pivot day filter. If it works this could mean that some other pivots could work as well. It could be really very interesting to try Murrey Math levels as a filter, say, block sell from levels 0-2, block buy 6-8.

It is a pity, I don't have good programing skills except basic understanding of mql code, Cyberia is very interesting to work with.

We may try that in the near future. Sounds like a good approach if the group gives its consensus. Can you post the best Murrey Math indicator here so we can take a look at it? I have found the 2 that I attached and they look great for this purpose! Thanks for bringing it up.

fxspeedster:
We may try that in the near future. Sounds like a good approach if the group gives its consensus. Can you post the best Murrey Math indicator here so we can take a look at it? Thanks for bringing it up.

Currently I use this one and I like it. It also has period (P) and I use 64 (author's default 90, Murrey default 64, at least I understand so). I can not say I am not a great expert in Murrey Math since I use it as additional confirmation for evident Elliot wave price targets projected using Fibo ratios, but from what I could see, this indicator is good enough.

Anybody using Murrey Math for a long time, please make your comments and suggestions how this filter could be incorporated the best way.

P.S. You already found it. I didn't see your edited post before I wrote all this. However, as far as I remember, the one which I attached is the latest version from the author. Again, anybody who is using Murrey levels, please correct me and post your suggestions.

Files:
mmlevls_vg.mq4  18 kb

fxspeedster:
Sorry gang..there was a bug in 1.85 that prevented CT 1.85 to trade after the bad trading hours. I fixed it for now until the new version comes out and I named it 1.85f (fixed). Please use this version with the 1.85 presets posted originally. This is identical to 1.85 and only contains the no trading fix. We should have caught this earlier.

Cheers mate.. I was wondering why the ea had stopped trading frequently...

Testing continues...

All good...

fxspeedster:

thanks,no wonder i could not get any trades done since monday asia market.thanks fxspeedster,u are the man.

Murrey_math filter

I have taken a closer look at the Murrey_math indicator and found that it could be very useful to avoid overbought and oversold entry conditions by CT so I have decided to add it as a filter. I want to add it as in internal function to the CT code instead of making an iCustom call. So I have stripped the indicator into a function called AskMurrey() and I wanted to ask if a programmer can help me to get the Murrey levels 1 thru 8 at the end of the function so that I can check them against current price and allow only valid buys and sells. I have attached the original indicator and my function. If somebody can help me to pull the levels and write the code at the end of the AskMurrey() function, I would appreciate it. I will post the revised version as soon as I test it some more. THANK YOU!

Reason: