Volatility Quality Index - page 47

Indicator from this post?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

It should work.

may be - some different indicator?

Can not find with arrows sorry ...

ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

===================

It is closed trades for yesterday and today (all the trades were closed):

All detailed statements will be posted during weekend as usually.

===================

- Explanation of ATR settings is on this post.

- ATR + 15 pips settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

- ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post - there is no close on trend change on this EA coded a version with it.

- Non-ATR 5 pips Take Profit settings + Non-ATR 5 pips Stop Loss settings: VQ_ Ea_v3 ecn EA is on this post - It is the version with regular stop loss and take profit set by default to 5.

- statements for M1 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 EA ecn with ATR + 15 pips settings is on this post.

- statements for M5 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA ecn with ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings - more to follow.

fluffy_ferret:
Hi guys. VQ-nrp+arrows does indeed not repaint. The problem with it is it sometimes doesn't paint at all, meaning arrows won't show up on chart sometimes.

Can someone fix this? Some small error in the code, I'm sure.

Regards,

ferret

No error that i could find, if you use more than one version though you need to change ArrowsIdentifier to a different name.

From what I see about this EA - one VQ indicator is not enough. I think - it may be good to add some filter for this EA to trade in particular market condition - AbsoluteStrength indicator (same case as for elite section market condition evaluation, or same solution as for new terminator version (C. I. S. M.P-1 EA), or add MaksiGen indicator (to catch breakout and open opposite trade if happens), or same as with Kaufman AMA break out EA (trading on the direction/dots).

In this case - most of the pairs will be winning with small max lot size values.

Just an idea.

Better Less But Better.

Just an example of some losses happened yesterday for AUDUSD:

VQ indicator was showing downtrend but it was uptrend breakout.

It is nothing for non-martingale EA as 70 pips breakout is not a problem for non-martingale - price was reversed to downrtrend anyway. But in case of martingale with real stop loss for every trade - it may be loss for 3 or 4 trades with increased lot size.

Files:

ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

===================

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 21st of March:

AUDJPY: 259 dollars

AUDNZD: -58

AUDUSD: -148

CHFJPY: 45

EURAUD: 83

EURCHF: 138

EURGBP: 130

EURJPY: 257

EURUSD: -96

GBPUSD: -306

USDCAD: -101

USDCHF: -156

USDJPY: 25

The other pairs did not have any trades yet.

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

AUDJPY: 32 dollars

AUDNZD: -70

AUDUSD: -239

EURAUD: 39

EURCHF: 25

EURJPY: 32

EURUSD: -177

GBPUSD: 41

USDCAD: 8

USDCHF: -82

USDJPY: 9.

=====================

So, I am continuing trading/forward testing using M5 timeframe.

Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 21 of March) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:

EURJPY:

EURCHF:

AUDJPY:

CHFJPY:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip file attached.

===================

- ATR + 15 pips settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

- ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post - there is no close on trend change on this EA coded a version with it.

- Non-ATR 5 pips Take Profit settings + Non-ATR 5 pips Stop Loss settings: VQ_ Ea_v3 ecn EA is on this post - It is the version with regular stop loss and take profit set by default to 5.

- statements for M1 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 EA ecn with ATR + 15 pips settings is on this post.

- statements for M5 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA ecn with ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings - more to follow.

newdigital:
From what I see about this EA - one VQ indicator is not enough. I think - it may be good to add some filter for this EA to trade in particular market condition - AbsoluteStrength indicator (same case as for elite section market condition evaluation, or same solution as for new terminator version (C. I. S. M.P-1 EA), or add MaksiGen indicator (to catch breakout and open opposite trade if happens), or same as with Kaufman AMA break out EA (trading on the direction/dots).

In this case - most of the pairs will be winning with small max lot size values.

Just an idea.

Better Less But Better.

I agree Newdigital am trying out different things, filters, etc. one thing am kinda leaning towards is a way to stop the martingale when Ea gets in trouble, maybe something like after a user predetermined loss maximum then the Ea will only open up micro mini lots or ever a user defined lot size, or even no more trades until either profit or breakeven, which might have worked in the AudUsd trade. But the code for this am working on, or guess should say work in progress.

newdigital:

[can not make a statement for this week as the datafeed was corrupted for FXCM. I just summarize the total for last week with this week profit made profit/loss figures]

I found the problem: the data was "deleted" from Metatrader FXCM from H4, D1 and W1 timef rames: charts are empty. may be - because I updated Metatrader to build 401 ... it is for all metatraders for all elite servers for FXCM.

My statements' tools are using the price/dara on the history so - if no data - no statement.

The problem was easy solved by loading the data inside metatrader for H4, D1 and W1: open the chart and press/hold PgUp on keyboard

Datafeed was not corrupted for FXCM sorry It is because I am using some special tools to make the statements which are working only if there are enough bars on the history.

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

===================

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 21st of March:

AUDJPY: 158 dollars

AUDNZD: 33

AUDUSD: 17

CHFJPY: -310

EURAUD: -229

EURCHF: 188

EURGBP: 9

EURJPY: 427

EURUSD: -162

GBPUSD: -684

USDCAD: -5

USDCHF: -35

USDJPY: 64

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

AUDJPY: 9 dollars

AUDNZD: 7

AUDUSD: 30

CHFJPY: 86

EURAUD: 1

EURCHF: 8

EURGBP: 68

EURJPY: 21

EURUSD: 22

GBPUSD: 23

USDCHF: 8

USDJPY: 1.

=====================

So, I am continuing trading/forward testing using M5 timeframe.

Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 21 of March) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:

EURJPY:

EURCHF:

AUDJPY:

USDJPY:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip file attached.

----------

My comments for this week:

4 pairs are still profitable since 21st of March:

AUDJPY

EURJPY

EURCHF

USDJPY.

The 5th pair is becoming profitable: AUDNZD. It is very interesting case because this pair had a loss and it is recoveved after loss and profitable now. Check zip file for the statements and visual statement.

That's all news

===================

- VQ_ Ea_v3 EA is on this post. It is improved version of VQ_ Ea_v3 ecn EA: added a trend confirmation, using 3 different time frames; also added a time frame control for VQ indicator; all these time frames can be adjusted by the user.

newdigital:

----------

My comments:

4 pairs are profitable since 21st of March:

AUDJPY

EURJPY

EURCHF

USDJPY.

EURCHF is very interesting as it is low risk to trade up to now.

EURJPY is much more profitable but more riky and required more big deposit size as EURCHF.

That's all news

Those 4 pairs are still profitable from the beginning of forward testing period. Two more pairs will recover the losses soon and will be profitable too: AUDUSD and EURGBP.

EURGBP is already profitable for now.

And just to remind the pairs which did not have any loss since 21st of March: EURJPY and EURCHF.

The statements will be posted during ther weekends as usually.

===================

- VQ_ Ea_v3 EA is on this post. It is improved version of VQ_ Ea_v3 ecn EA: added a trend confirmation, using 3 different time frames; also added a time frame control for VQ indicator; all these time frames can be adjusted by the user.

Reason: