Volatility Quality Index - page 20

elihayun:
I tried to translate it, but with no success. So I decided to add another line to Chaikin volatility and here the result. Very useful. Thank you for the idea.

Just a reminder, even before down trend we will see the indicators lines going up.

Eli

Thank you for this indicator. However I run into some problem that required to refresh every candle for updated reading. Would you please perhap adding barcount so that doesn't require to refresh every candle?

sincerely,

hi, I was just playing with VQ and it happened to make a repaint of the past when I refreshed it

is it because:

1. it doesn't update properly in real time

2. it's got to do with setting a time frame higher than the current one so it can change

3. it really repaints the past

?

Update to the VQ?

Hope everyone is still enjoying the VQ as much as I am... To date it's the main indicator I use and it is a great filter. Thanks for all your help Raff!

I was wondering if anyone else would like the ability to have the VQ send an email alert when the VQ singnal changed? I have begun trading via my cell phone so I don't have to be around my computer 24/7 and it would be really helpful. Hope everyone is making as many pips off the VQ as me and I look forward to any input.

Raff what needs to be done to make this happen??? I'll say pleeeeeeeaaase really nice if that helps. Thanks Buddy!

camisa:
hi, I was just playing with VQ and it happened to make a repaint of the past when I refreshed it

is it because:

1. it doesn't update properly in real time

2. it's got to do with setting a time frame higher than the current one so it can change

3. it really repaints the past

?

Did you ever figure this out??? It does not repait the past. Let me know if you need help.

mmccormac:
Hope everyone is still enjoying the VQ as much as I am... To date it's the main indicator I use and it is a great filter. Thanks for all your help Raff!

I was wondering if anyone else would like the ability to have the VQ send an email alert when the VQ singnal changed? I have begun trading via my cell phone so I don't have to be around my computer 24/7 and it would be really helpful. Hope everyone is making as many pips off the VQ as me and I look forward to any input.

Raff what needs to be done to make this happen??? I'll say pleeeeeeeaaase really nice if that helps. Thanks Buddy!

I got a PM from Raff... Please disregard this message. Thanks for adding the EMAIL function Raff!!!

Files:
test-vq.ex4  12 kb

Please post the VQ that is spelled out

Raff,

I have posted some images in below that will show what I am talking about... The settings are all the same. Steady option is False, Real time is True, and bars are 5000.

The VQ indicator that is spelled out in the window as "Volitility Quality" instead of "VQ" filters the pair better. I'm not sure what the difference is but the way the code is put together in the "Volitility Quality" one works better. Please take a look at the images and let me know what you think. I have posted the EX4 of the "Volitility Quality" one in the above post. Thanks for the great indicator Raff!!!

Files:

mmccormac:
Raff,

I have posted some images in below that will show what I am talking about... The settings are all the same. Steady option is False, Real time is True, and bars are 5000.

The VQ indicator that is spelled out in the window as "Volitility Quality" instead of "VQ" filters the pair better. I'm not sure what the difference is but the way the code is put together in the "Volitility Quality" one works better. Please take a look at the images and let me know what you think. I have posted the EX4 of the "Volitility Quality" one in the above post. Thanks for the great indicator Raff!!!

Hi...

Just see post #1...

Have fun!

CHEER$

Raff

Thanks Raff!!!

raff1410:
Hi...

Just see post #1...

Have fun!

CHEER$

Raff

Looks Great! Thanks for all your help. One question though... What is the "Crash" option? Thanks again!

mmccormac:
Looks Great! Thanks for all your help. One question though... What is the "Crash" option? Thanks again!

Just crash...

Raff

raff1410:
Just crash... Raff

LOL. Am I dumb or something? What are you talking about? The indicator will crash? hmmmmm if that's the case not the best of options unless I'm missing something. Is this a joke or what?

Reason: