Magic number

Hi traders,

If I run the same expert on more than one chart but different pairs for the same account.

Can I use the same magic number for all pairs?

Thanks

Yes but then you have to select the positions (e.g. for trailing the stops) by the ticket AND the symbol!

Carl Schreiber:
Yes but then you have to select the positions (e.g. for trailing the stops) by the ticket AND the symbol!
Thanks,  so the same magic number will work fine for all pairs if I don't use trailing stop?

Husain Dana:

Hi traders,

If I run the same expert on more than one chart but different pairs for the same account.

Can I use the same magic number for all pairs?

Thanks

It really depends on how the EA deals with Magic Number. 

Mohammad Hossein Sadeghi:

It really depends on how the EA deals with Magic Number.

Thanks Mohammad

a correctly coded expert adviser handle it's own orders always by magic and symbol regardless of how many charts it's attached to or you use other advisers on the same account.

But this should not be taken for granted as not all advisers uses this correct....

Kenneth Parling:

a correctly coded expert adviser handle it's own orders always by magic and symbol regardless of how many charts it's attached to or you use other advisers on the same account.

But this should not be taken for granted as not all advisers uses this correct....

Great.. 

thanks a lot for all prompt replies

I will test that on a demo account and confirm if it's ok.

Husain Dana:

Please do not reply inside the quote box.

I have edited your 2 posts and moved your replies

Keith Watford:

Please do not reply inside the quote box.

I have edited your 2 posts and moved your replies

Surely will do that in the future....

Anyway I tested the advisor on 10one-minute charts with diffrent pairs.

It seems to work perfectly without any interference with the other pairs with the same magic number.

Thanks to all...

Reason: