Volatility Quality Index - page 11

mmccormac:
... Also, how are the different versions of the VQ indicator different? I have the newest one only but I find it excellent to keep me out of fake signals from my other indicators. Thanks again 67-17454.

There is no different...

Newest VQ calculates the same as previous versions...

Just different settings, makes different...

5,3,1,3 and 3,2,1,3 gives different results...

Raff

mmccormac:
Thanks 67-17454... Could you post he one that generates those anyway. I have ASCTrend but mine just paints the bars. Also, how do the two versions of the VQ indicator you are using differ? Thanks again 67-17454.

I can only get you the .ex4 of the indicator.

The reason I use both 3313 & 5313 is that 3313 is more reactive and gives me a 'heads up'. It also identifies mini-trends. 5313 is more conservative and that's really what I'm going for with my entries. When I was using 3313 I was just in and out all over the place.

I have written a little VB6 program that gives me a dashboard of the status of the indicators for the four indicators I use (MACD, Asc, VQ-5313, VQ-3313). It stays on top all the time so I can monitor the status of the indicators even if I'm doing something else on the computer.

Also, when I have a confirmed trend reversal, my EA sends a message to my cell telephone so I can go check it out if I'm not around my computer.

Lots of fun.

Files:

Nice work, 67. I'm doing something similar with CCI--one very long term, other more reactive, looking for agreement between them.

Thanks!

That's a really cool dashboard. Thanks for posting the trendline program & I wish you success. Also, Are you only trading the EUR/USD & GBP/USD on this system? The reason I ask is I have tested this on some of the JPY pairs and they didn't do quite as well as the pairs you have listed. But thanks again!

Also, this is just such a great filter! Thanks Raff for writing such an awesome indicator!!!

mmccormac:
...Also, Are you only trading the EUR/USD & GBP/USD on this system?...

I haven't tried it with other pairs. I've tried to focus & specialize on EUR & GBP. There's enough trading and money to be made with them for me.

I've attached some analysis I did on trading pairs, and average pip range per hour per day. And these seem to be the best ones for me to focus on (I consider the USDCHF to mirror the EURUSD, so I only trade the EURUSD). I did analysis back to 2004, and didn't find it significantly different than for the first part of this year, so I'm only showing the first part of this year.

raff1410:
Raff

very interesting!

67-17454:
I haven't tried it with other pairs. I've tried to focus & specialize on EUR & GBP. There's enough trading and money to be made with them for me. I've attached some analysis I did on trading pairs, and average pip range per hour per day. And these seem to be the best ones for me to focus on (I consider the USDCHF to mirror the EURUSD, so I only trade the EURUSD). I did analysis back to 2004, and didn't find it significantly different than for the first part of this year, so I'm only showing the first part of this year.

Very nice 67-17454, you give me more ideas. Thanks

btw, which timezone do you live in?

Devil2000:
..which timezone do you live in?

US/Pacific Time Zone/West Coast. Live in Oregon.

I have been manually paper trading this for two days with some success on the Eur/USD pair, actually just playing with my Spread Betting account (I realise its not ideal).

I have traded it with no other indicator but set up two charts for the pair concerned, one 1 Hour Chart, and a 5 min chart. I only take the 5min VQ trades in the direction of the 1 hour VQ. I can see some potential here.

Right now I am still short for around 40 pips..............

One chart...

rogerha:
I have been manually paper trading this for two days with some success on the Eur/USD pair, actually just playing with my Spread Betting account (I realise its not ideal).

I have traded it with no other indicator but set up two charts for the pair concerned, one 1 Hour Chart, and a 5 min chart. I only take the 5min VQ trades in the direction of the 1 hour VQ. I can see some potential here.

Right now I am still short for around 40 pips..............

Hi rogerha

U can use one M5 chart with two VQ, second VQ indicator TIMEFRAME set to 60...

Raff

Files:
m5_h4.gif  20 kb
Reason: