Volatility Quality Index - page 6

67-17454:
I look forward to learning more and watching this indicator as it progresses!

I just did some 'back of the envelope' analysis if this was an EA and I let it autotrade on GBPUSD and EURUSD and the results were impressive.

For 1 week, +308 pips on GBPUSD (no losing trades) and +100 pips on EURUSD (two losing trades). I know, mileage may vary.

Looking forward to forward testing.

Is there any way when there's a reversal to add an alert screen with market details at that time to make it a little easier (rather than just ring a bell)?

Try this one......

Raff

You will find new version of VQ at post #1

elihayun:
Great job, Raf.

I do like the visual signals (the up/down arrow) but I do not like the sound signal. Can u add another parameter to distinguish between them?

Even when signal is turned off, I stiil have sound signal in every tick.

Thanks in advance

Eli

Hi...

You can turn of sound now...

Raff

Files:
1_2.gif  47 kb
2_4.gif  52 kb
3_1.gif  48 kb

raff1410:
I found this bug - "sound signal in every tick"...

I added newest version of VQ to my posts...

In this version alert will show only once.

Raff

I got that version. TY very much.

testing VQ - have a question

I've been looking at this VQ for a few days now and I have a couple of questions.

1) Regarding the oscillator element, should it be used as an overbought/oversold indicator?

2) What are the numbers/levels in the right hand pane of the indicator? How should they be interpereted or used?

Thanks.. cool indicator RAFF.

Devil2000:
Hi Raff, Honestly I'm afraid you'll do that (asking 1000$ for this indicator ).

Yes, the most important part is testing this indicator, whether it's useful or not, but what prevent you from sharing the code? I really don't mind about it, just courious..

Thanks

Honestly I'm afraid I'll never do that (asking 1000$ for this indicator ).

Yes, I know, I'm stupid...

Raff

vince-ac:
would someone else please post this indicator. the one i am trying to use just won't work at all. it dosen't even look like an mt4 indicator when i look at it. most are in simple text when opened with editor. this one is some kind of machine lang. thanks

Reason: