• Get access

Volatility Quality Index - page 16

Thruline
Thruline  

Thanks, guys.

Chea Yan Wong
Chea Yan Wong  

any plan, guys? i was able to catch the drop as the signal came out around 1-2 pm New york times. Today my plan is to wait for the rebound in 5 minutes, when the green turns red, that is the time i will sell at Eur/Usd and Gbp/Usd. good luck and good trades guys.

mmccormac
mmccormac  

Anyone know when Raff will be back from vacation??? I can't stop thinking about the HiLo system he's working on. VQ is still my favorite so far though.

Linuxser
Linuxser  
67-17454
67-17454  

The currently forming bar can change during the course of it's timeframe. For example, on a one hour chart, for the hour that it's forming it can go from buy to sell to neutral and back, particularly in a volatile market or in flat markets.

I've never seen it change the past, only the currently forming bar. I have this same experience with my MACD and AscTrend. I've been running this 5 days a week, 24 hours a day for the last 2 weeks.

To see what's going on underneath the covers, you have to drop to a smaller timeframe.

It's aggravating because you can (and I have) jumped in too soon, only to have it turn against me. Again, in a volatile or slow market, I drop to an M30, M15, or even M5 or M1 to see what's going on and to help me decide what to do.

But it's understandable.

That's my observations and 2 cents.

Linuxser
Linuxser  
raff1410
raff1410  
mmccormac
mmccormac  

VQ is perfect!

Looks very similar to the original but some late signals... I personally don't like the "Steady" option. I have found that any false signals can easily be filtered out by changing the filter number in the inputs section depending on what currency pair you are trading. Also adding a second VQ on a larger time frame has been helpfull as well. Thanks for the option of "Steady" Raff but this indicator is perfect in my opinion and I haven't seen any need for improvements. You did a wonderful job on this and I can't say thanks enough for all of your work!

PS: How is the Hi/Lo indicator/EA going??? Thanks again Raff!

raff1410
raff1410  
fx_boom
fx_boom  

VQ indicator

could someone post here the VQ indicator with MQ4 suffix because i cant open it as it now...

TIA