Volatility Quality Index - page 7

Andrew2:
Last update: 01.VIII.2006

New version of VQ indicator with multitimeframe extension...

In progress: trading system?...

Raff

Thanks for your great indicator.

Coyan

coyan:
Thanks for your great indicator. Coyan

A.... Yesssss

There is a new multitimefreme version of this indicator...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Also, if you have good or bad experiance with it please post here...

Raff

coyan:
In Strategybuilder, no problem with the indicator.

Maybe you need to compile.

Coyan

Or reinstall Your program...

Raff

FYI.

In my forward testing since 7/27/06 when I got the indicator and just going Long on a Buy signal, I've had 2 trades each on the EURUSD and GBPUSD using 1H charts. Entry is based on the signal from the VQ indicator to Buy. Exits are based on moving up S/L (discretionary) with MACD and ASC Trend indicators.

EURUSD: + 79 pips

GBPUSD: +101 pips

For Short (2 trades):

EURUSD: +10

GBPUSD: +17

Add email alert?

Raff,

Could you please add an email alert to this? Thanks. Still testing but need email notification to demo properly.

67-17454:
FYI.

In my forward testing since 7/27/06 when I got the indicator and just going Long on a Buy signal, I've had 2 trades each on the EURUSD and GBPUSD using 1H charts. Entry is based on the signal from the VQ indicator to Buy. Exits are based on moving up S/L (discretionary) with MACD and ASC Trend indicators.

EURUSD: + 79 pips

GBPUSD: +101 pips

For Short (2 trades):

EURUSD: +10

GBPUSD: +17

wow, that's nice. And what is your parameter?

I've cleaned up my data and have it in a spreadsheet. I'm calculating if I just use this indicator blindly (it gives a Buy signal, I buy and wait to sell until I get a Sell signal), and if I use 'common sense' trailing stop losses (S/L) based on MACD and ASC Trend indicators. I'm sure some of the more sophisticated and experienced might look down on my approach and could probably cut me to pieces. What I know is that this is what results I would have gotten in the real world.

Using 'Blind Faith' current results:

EURUSD: +14 pips, 3 trades (2 short, 1 Long), open trade (Long) is currently +70

GBPUSD: -19 pips, 3 trades (2 Short, 1 Long), open trade (Long) is currently +70

My prior results were off because I didn't put the numbers together right, hence, the spreadsheet.

Using Trailing Stop/Losses (S/L) the method I use in my other trading, the current results:

EURUSD: +122 pips, 4 trades (2 Short/2 Long). This differs from only having 3 trades above because I would have already been stopped out on the open trade.

GBPUSD: +124 pips, same details as EURUSD

I've attached snapshots of the spreadsheet I use and screenshots for reference. Long positions do much better than Short positions in this very brief amount of time I've been forward testing.

I'm using 5-3-1-3 on a 1 hour chart. I tried 5-3-1-1 but found too much whipsawing. This is also using an FXDD demo account.

Love this indicator.

MarkC.

Files:
pic_002_1.gif  23 kb
pic_003.gif  9 kb
pic_004.gif  23 kb
pic_005.gif  10 kb
Reason: