Download MetaTrader 5

Volatility Quality Index - page 5

To add comments, please log in or register
cementman
cementman  

guys i kept trying to add all the files posted here to the indicators folder and restarting the metatrader and still nothing appears in my custom indicators..so could somebody please post the mq4 file..thanks in advance

masoudk
masoudk  
67-17454
67-17454  
forextrades:
I'm assuming you were using VQ for entries and the price channel stop for exits/reentries?

Actually, a little more mind-less. With a Buy signal, buy at market. With a Sell signal, close the position at market and then go short. With a Buy signal, close that position and open a new Long position. No S/L.

forextrades
forextrades  
67-17454:
Actually, a little more mind-less. With a Buy signal, buy at market. With a Sell signal, close the position at market and then go short. With a Buy signal, close that position and open a new Long position. No S/L.

I'm not sure how you were able to get that many winning trades then. You did wait until the bar after the indicator turned red to short and the bar after the indicator turned green to go long, correct? Sometimes when you're looking at a chart in hindsight your mind can play tricks on you, and you might end up thinking that you can enter the trade right before the indicator turns.

67-17454
67-17454  
forextrades:
I'm not sure how you were able to get that many winning trades then. You did wait until the bar after the indicator turned red to short and the bar after the indicator turned green to go long, correct? Sometimes when you're looking at a chart in hindsight your mind can play tricks on you, and you might end up thinking that you can enter the trade right before the indicator turns.

Understand. I was going strictly by the arrow changes. Now that raff1410 added a screen alert which provides the price, I can get an exact entry/exit point. The perspective I was trying to get was if this were an EA in and of itself.

One this morning ended up as a 20 pip loss on the GBPUSD and 8 pip loss on the EURUSD. For the GBPUSD, it had been up as much as 41 pips, so a trailing stop would probably have preserved some gain.

raff1410
raff1410  
elihayun:
Great job, Raf.

I do like the visual signals (the up/down arrow) but I do not like the sound signal. Can u add another parameter to distinguish between them?

Even when signal is turned off, I stiil have sound signal in every tick.

Thanks in advance

Eli

I found this bug - "sound signal in every tick"...

I added newest version of VQ to my posts...

In this version alert will show only once.

Raff

You will find new version of VQ at post #1

cementman
cementman  

guys again could any body post the mq4 file or tell me how to transfer the posted file to an mq4 thanks

hidethereal
hidethereal  
cementman:
guys again could any body post the mq4 file or tell me how to transfer the posted file to an mq4 thanks

The file attached works fine, you need to put it in your indicators folder.

67-17454
67-17454  
cementman:

I think the silence is a polite way for the author to say: "No, I'm not going to release the source code."

I'd love to have the source code to make an EA out of it and tailor it, but I didn't contribute to it's development so I don't have a 'right' to it. I'm hoping over time we'll get a chance at it.

Just my +2 pips.

MarkC.

cementman
cementman  

thank you guys..by the way i did put it in the idicators folder and it doesn't show up in my custom indicators ..also if someone don't want to give he's source code which i didn't mean to have it all i wanted is for the indicator to work, i'm not a programmer and even if i have a code i don't know what to do with it caz i'm just a user, so all he'll have to say sorry i don't want to give it away and i'll totaly respect that..any way i think that he did a great job and all of you guys helping to develope this method..thanks again.

To add comments, please log in or register