• Join us

Volatility Quality Index - page 9

To add comments, please log in or register
raff1410
raff1410  
67-17454:
Raff1410 - I guess the question is, why am I getting Alert screens, but not get the visual/screen update of that alert?

False signals... When PRICE_CLOSE=PRICE_HIGH, or PRICE_CLOSE=PRICE_LOW...

Raff

hidethereal
hidethereal  
67-17454:
Last night (8/2/06) I received Sell alerts for both the GBPUSD & EURUSD (actually 2 GBPUSD Sells in a row), but the visual display never showed down arrows or went to red. Both GBPUSD & EURUSD VQ graphs seem stuck at a maximum level, even though I think they should have drifted down as price action reversed.

I closed out MT4 and reopened it to see if I was in some kind of MT4 Twilight Zone, and it didn't make any differences.

It's like the indicator is stuck now.

If I get a Sell alert, and the Indicator is in a Sell mode, I shouldn't get a second Sell alert until I get a Buy alert, should I?

MarkC.

Would you be willing to attach your MACD that is in the picture you attached?

I really like the look of it.

67-17454
67-17454  
raff1410:
False signals... When PRICE_CLOSE=PRICE_HIGH, or PRICE_CLOSE=PRICE_LOW...

I got another signal (Screen Alert) about half and hour ago and watched the indicator flicker between a green line and red with down arrow a few times before ending up back as a green line. So I guess the trick is to wait until the bar finishes forming andyou've gotten both a Screen Alert and a visible indicator change.

hidethereal:
Would you be willing to attach your MACD that is in the picture you attached?

I can give you the .ex4. The fellow I got it from didn't want to release the source code for it, but it's OK to distribute compiled.

Files:
raff1410
raff1410  

Track false signals

New version of VQ indicator, post #1:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Raff

raff1410
raff1410  

Some pictures...

Raff

rogerha
rogerha  

Guys, this looks nice, good job. Has anybody tried it with a volatiility based stop, there are a few out there for e-signal etc, not sure if there is one in existance for MetaTrader. It seems to be that a volatility based trailing stop would be the most complimentary method for locking in some profit.

If anybody has the software, that would be good as a test !

67-17454
67-17454  

Appreciate the addition of the price of the Alert!

Did I read post 1 correct, there won't be any updates/upgrades/changes to the indicator?

BTW, could anyone help me with iCustom and VQ.exe if I wanted to combine it with other indicators for an EA? I've never used iCustom. I would just want to know if it's in a BUY (Green) or SELL (Red) mode and combine this with other indicators for a 'Green Board' or 'Red Board'.

raff1410
raff1410  
Files:
vq_ea2.gif 8 kb
forextrades
forextrades  
67-17454
67-17454  

Seems like visibility of this Indicator is slipping under the waves.

It was pretty instrumental in helping me bag 25 pips yesterday and 97 today.

To add comments, please log in or register