Volatility Quality Index - page 8

67-17454:

Love this indicator.

MarkC.

"I'm lovin'it... " - name for this indicator should be "McDonald's VQ Burger..." Sorry, sometimes I use too many

Look at my pictures (Contract based on value of Brent oil barrel and GPBUSD)

First picture – oil, two days ago - breakout on M30 confirmed by VQ H1 – new up trend - look at second picture.

My GPBUSD M30 signals filtered by VQ H4…

Raff

Files:
oil.gif  28 kb
oil2.gif  27 kb
gpbusd.gif  19 kb
gpbusd2.gif  20 kb
gpbusd3.gif  27 kb

Devil2000:
wow, that's nice. And what is your parameter?

Hi Devil2000...

I think You must know how to exit trades...

67-17454 Member is using VQ for entry, but his success is based on exits too...

Raff

novafx99:
Raff, Could you please add an email alert to this? Thanks. Still testing but need email notification to demo properly.

I think I cant do this... Sorry...

Raff

raff1410:
Hi Devil2000...

I think You must know how to exit trades...

67-17454 Member is using VQ for entry, but his success is based on exits too...

Raff

Hi Raff,

Yes, I know it, using trailing stop is very usefull for intraday trading. But of course different VQ parameter will produce different result too, and sometimes it's significant. I'm just curious

can somebody share volatility quality mg4 ? thanks

Not getting visible indicators

Last night (8/2/06) I received Sell alerts for both the GBPUSD & EURUSD (actually 2 GBPUSD Sells in a row), but the visual display never showed down arrows or went to red. Both GBPUSD & EURUSD VQ graphs seem stuck at a maximum level, even though I think they should have drifted down as price action reversed.

I closed out MT4 and reopened it to see if I was in some kind of MT4 Twilight Zone, and it didn't make any differences.

It's like the indicator is stuck now.

If I get a Sell alert, and the Indicator is in a Sell mode, I shouldn't get a second Sell alert until I get a Buy alert, should I?

MarkC.

Files:
scrn_001.gif  48 kb

67-17454:
Last night (8/2/06) I received Sell alerts for both the GBPUSD & EURUSD (actually 2 GBPUSD Sells in a row), but the visual display never showed down arrows or went to red. Both GBPUSD & EURUSD VQ graphs seem stuck at a maximum level, even though I think they should have drifted down as price action reversed.

I closed out MT4 and reopened it to see if I was in some kind of MT4 Twilight Zone, and it didn't make any differences.

It's like the indicator is stuck now.

If I get a Sell alert, and the Indicator is in a Sell mode, I shouldn't get a second Sell alert until I get a Buy alert, should I?

MarkC.

It is not a holly grail, it shows false signals too, now EURUSD and GPBUSD goes up... VQ is showing flat line - swing market or consolidation, i think...

It is "volatility" not "trend" indicator...

Raff

Hi Raff, thank you for the indicator. Is it possible to have it on histogram mode, just green and red bar ? Thank you in advance

Raff1410 -

I guess the question is, why am I getting Alert screens, but not get the visual/screen update of that alert?

firedave:
Hi Raff, thank you for the indicator. Is it possible to have it on histogram mode, just green and red bar ? Thank you in advance

Hmm... You will miss movement of this indicator...

I will think obout it...

Raff

Reason: