OneDailyTrade EA - page 8

saat2006:
I am still confused with GMT set.In other thread such a phoenix ,u can see somebody said that northfinance is +3 GMT.As i know the holyguy is at +2 GMT.So the preset is at +2 GMT.Is it correct ?or if not ,Which one is correct ?And one more thing, the preset for TIME is base on our local time or server time?

I set all presets to +3 GMT because I am using FXDD to do all testing. So if you want to modify the .set file, you need to know that.

By the way, you MUST run the H1 chart. Do not try other timeframes.

holyguy7:
I set all presets to +3 GMT because I am using FXDD to do all testing. So if you want to modify the .set file, you need to know that. By the way, you MUST run the H1 chart. Do not try other timeframes.

HolyGuy,

can you take a look at my post (#63) and tell me if that was the correct way to reset the presets ?

I noticed that not all of the presets where 18 - some were different - should I have always just subtracted 3 (InterbankFX) for my platform ?

Or set them ALL to 15? (which is what I did)

Thanks!

reemul99:
HolyGuy, can you take a look at my post (#63) and tell me if that was the correct way to reset the presets ? I noticed that not all of the presets where 18 - some were different - should I have always just subtracted 3 (InterbankFX) for my platform ? Or set them ALL to 15? (which is what I did) Thanks!

You need to subract 3 from every preset. They are all different. So this is very important.

You can have them all set to 15, that is fine too. I want everyone here doing different things so not everyone is just copying the presets. That is kind of a waste of time and energy. Think different.

ZeroGMT - InterBankFX

I used the previous preset and substract 3 from the setting.

Here suppose the value for ZeroGMT for IBX

Pair ZeroGMT

AudJpy 0

AudUsd 11

ChfJpy 16

EurJpy 19

EurUsd 15

GbpJpy 11

GbpUsd 10

NzdUsd 17

UsdCad 14

UsdChf 10

UsdJpy 16

Holyguyz.. corect me if i am wrong.. happy testing

I'm doing forward test for both original ODT and enhanced ODT by asmatic.

We'll see the result by end of this week.

hi do i put the preset filles in experts/presets or in fxdd/presetup

thanks for your help

leon11:
hi do i put the preset filles in experts/presets or in fxdd/presetup thanks for your help

Experts/Presets

Then load each according to each currency pair when linking them to the charts. EASY

Glitch ?

The EA entered into a long position on GDP/USD (10:00 gmt 25/07/2006)

@1.8512 ---

Shouldn't it have entered into a sell because the previous day (24/07/2006) was a bearish day ?

Same thing on the USD/CAD - it entered a short when the previous day

(24/07/2006) was a bullish day....

confused

reemul99:
Glitch ? The EA entered into a long position on GDP/USD (10:00 gmt 25/07/2006)

@1.8512 -- Shouldn't it have entered into a sell because the previous day (24/07/2006) was a bearish day ? Same thing on the USD/CAD - it entered a short when the previous day

(24/07/2006) was a bullish day....confused

You are correct. That is because the HourRange is not set to 24 (24 hours). That is why it took a long position. This is very important. You can set it for one day by setting the HourRange to 24 and it will act as one day. However, in optimization tests, I found that the trend for the day started much earilier so I just went with the test results.

You can look for yourself. What is the HourRange set to? Setup the EA on the Hour chart and count bars back to see which way the EA will go the next day. It is kind of fun.

Is there a reason why some of the presets have a lot size of .2 and some have a lot size of .1 ?

Most of the Majors have a .1

Most of the Minors have a .2

reemul99:
Is there a reason why some of the presets have a lot size of .2 and some have a lot size of .1 ?

Most of the Majors have a .1

Most of the Minors have a .2

No reason, set the LOTS .1 and that way you can see which ones are doing the best. Thanks for the question.

Reason: