OneDailyTrade EA - page 9

What do think of adding a rule where if a trade goes if favor of the trade say 15 pips that a stoploss is placed at +5 pips that way if the market moves against the position you'll still have a profit. So far from foreward testing I've seen this happen 3 times with GBPJPY, GBPUSD, and EURUSD. Where the trade went +20 pips in favor of the trade then reversed and hit the stop loss.

Test Update

dear guys.

i did run two sets of EA yesterday, one is the original ODT and the ODT-XMOD. I used the same preset for both but the results shows differences. The details as describe below.

1.Closed Trade (25th July)

ODT :

UsdChf : +69 pips

GbpUsd : -50 pips

EurUsd : -70 pips

Total = -51 pips

ODT-XMOD :

GbpUsd : +40 pips

GbpJpy : +40 pips

AudUsd : -30 pips

EurUsd : +40 pips

UsdJpy : -30 pips

NzdUsd : -30 pips

Total = +30 pips

Current Open Trade

as shown in below image

anazri

Files:
odt.jpg  42 kb
odt-xmod.jpg  23 kb

anazri:
dear guys.

i did run two sets of EA yesterday, one is the original ODT and the ODT-XMOD. I used the same preset for both but the results shows differences. The details as describe below.

1.Closed Trade (25th July)

ODT :

UsdChf : +69 pips

GbpUsd : -50 pips

EurUsd : -70 pips

Total = -51 pips

ODT-XMOD :

GbpUsd : +40 pips

GbpJpy : +40 pips

AudUsd : -30 pips

EurUsd : +40 pips

UsdJpy : -30 pips

NzdUsd : -30 pips

Total = +30 pips

Current Open Trade

as shown in below image

anazri

Yup same here - I won't go into details, but, so far, a new demo account that I started Monday night is negative balance-- not much yet, about -$100...

here's to hoping the later part of the week is where the EA shines.

News Time

For News Reports (like: USA GDP; USA Non Farm Payrol; Tokyo CPI excl. Fresh Food m/m; etc.)

should we close the positions ?

Seems that if we don't, we'd be risking a S/L if the news goes against the position(s) we have open...

UberTrader:
What do think of adding a rule where if a trade goes if favor of the trade say 15 pips that a stoploss is placed at +5 pips that way if the market moves against the position you'll still have a profit. So far from foreward testing I've seen this happen 3 times with GBPJPY, GBPUSD, and EURUSD. Where the trade went +20 pips in favor of the trade then reversed and hit the stop loss.

I've been looking at that as well,

It looks like if you use a standard 24 hour day and set the point at 0:00 gmt, the day trend will often (at least) hit 10-15 pips in the same direction the following day...

So, imagine 7 pairs with a TP of 10pips everyday....

hmmmm...

a testing I will go....

reemul99:
For News Reports (like: USA GDP; USA Non Farm Payrol; Tokyo CPI excl. Fresh Food m/m; etc.)

should we close the positions ?

Seems that if we don't, we'd be risking a S/L if the news goes against the position(s) we have open...

my opinion is just let the EA runs and we will see the exact performance of this EA with or without fundamentals effect (if it's a demo account).

reemul99:
I've been looking at that as well,

It looks like if you use a standard 24 hour day and set the point at 0:00 gmt, the day trend will often (at least) hit 10-15 pips in the same direction the following day...

So, imagine 7 pairs with a TP of 10pips everyday....

hmmmm...

a testing I will go....

I noticed this too. But for right now I'm going to see how the EA finishes the week.

One (possible) flaw in the EA is very apparent.

I've noticed that it will open a position on one pair, say the EUR/USD, and say its a short position. It will also (later) open a long position on another pair, but (sometimes) in the opposite direction ...for example, the NZD/USD.

What ends up happening is that the 2 pairs cancel each other out if the USD is trending (short or long, take your pick). While one is making Pips, the other is losing Pips...

Has anyone else seen this?

This has so far been a tough week for this EA. It is up overall on Equity currently, but not by much. I noticed the past three weeks, it really shined the last couple days of the week so let's give it until the end of the week.

Listen, even though it is not making money like the past three weeks, at least it is not give back profit from the past weeks like many EAs do. Yes, there are going to be tough weeks for any EA, but the key is capital preservation. I am still encouraged.

I have a couple ideas to improve this EA. Stay tooned for it, very exciting things ahead. Keep testing and trying new things out.

I am currently running new optimizations on all the best currency pairs. Pairs that appear to do best with this EA are as follows:

EURUSD

GBPUSD

USDJPY

EURJPY

GBPJPY

So, I think those five are a good diversity of currency pairs and they are the ones that we should focus on.

Yes, I am a little disappointed for the week. I am trading live so to me it is REAL money. However, I know this EA in the long run will be profitable. There is quite a bit of whipsawing that is messing up the EAs this week.

UberTrader:

You can currently do that. Say you are up 20 pips, if you would set the TSActivation to 20 and the TrailingPips to 15, then as soon as you reached 20 pips, it would activate your trailing stop thus moving your SL to 5 pips.

Good luck.

Reason: