OneDailyTrade EA - page 4

hi holyguy:

I would like to know the best setting time to run this EA.I already run it on my demo acc at northfinance.But all my trading result were loss.I am also still confused regarding below setting .Could you pls help me .

ZeroGMT- What is the suggestion time at NF to run this EA?

MinuteLimit- How many minutes after the ZeroGMT hour do you want the EA to open a trade for the day.

Currently i use default setting.All opened pos by this EA hits the SL.

Thanks

saat2006:
hi holyguy:

I would like to know the best setting time to run this EA.I already run it on my demo acc at northfinance.But all my trading result were loss.I am also still confused regarding below setting .Could you pls help me .

ZeroGMT- What is the suggestion time at NF to run this EA?

MinuteLimit- How many minutes after the ZeroGMT hour do you want the EA to open a trade for the day.

Currently i use default setting.All opened pos by this EA hits the SL.

Thanks

Presets are found on Post 1. I have basically eliminated USDCHF as it has had triple digit losses for two weeks in a row. So I am focusing on the currency pairs that are preforming well as the other ones are.

I used FXDD to test EA and get settings. FXDD is +3 GMT so if you are using

InterbankFX- GMT

MIG- +2 GMT

Basically, you would have to change your GMT to whatever your broker is on. The presets are +3 GMT.

For example:

Say in my preset, I have the EURUSD at ZeroGMT = 18

if you have interbankfx you would have to set that to 15 (because they are on GMT).

If you are using MIG, you would set that to 17 because they have their servers set to +2 GMT.

I hope this helps.

holyguy7:
Presets are found on Post 1. I have basically eliminated USDCHF as it has had triple digit losses for two weeks in a row. So I am focusing on the currency pairs that are preforming well as the other ones are.

I used FXDD to test EA and get settings. FXDD is +3 GMT so if you are using

InterbankFX- GMT

MIG- +2 GMT

Basically, you would have to change your GMT to whatever your broker is on. The presets are +3 GMT.

For example:

Say in my preset, I have the EURUSD at ZeroGMT = 18

if you have interbankfx you would have to set that to 15 (because they are on GMT).

If you are using MIG, you would set that to 17 because they have their servers set to +2 GMT.

I hope this helps.

If i am not wrong Northfinance is +3 GMT

Live?

Holyguy7,

Have you started trading this EA live yet? If so, how is it performing?

Thanks.

Eureka

couple of stupid questions:

I've set this up on FXDD demo and am local GMT+0. Presets as per holyguy. Do I just need to have the PC running the zeroGMT time for each pair? Therefore, for most pairs the time range runs from 1PM to 10PM, and I can switch off after that????

Also, how do I get NZD/USD and CHFJPY? I can't find it on any of my MT4 platforms!

tia

Eureka:
Holyguy7,

Have you started trading this EA live yet? If so, how is it performing?

Thanks.

Eureka

Yes, I am live, however, it is not profitable yet this week. However, the week is not over. It seems to finish up weeks better than it starts. We shall see.

cgldsmth:
couple of stupid questions:

I've set this up on FXDD demo and am local GMT+0. Presets as per holyguy. Do I just need to have the PC running the zeroGMT time for each pair? Therefore, for most pairs the time range runs from 1PM to 10PM, and I can switch off after that????

Also, how do I get NZD/USD and CHFJPY? I can't find it on any of my MT4 platforms!

tia

Right click on Market Watch and choose "Show All" then you should get EVERY currency pair available.

I hope this helps.

New Version

New version of OneDailyTrade EA on Post 1.

Changes are:

TSActivation and TrailingPips

I have notice a couple trades that came close to hitting the TP but then went the other way and closed me out at a loss.

What TSActivation does is that it "activates" the TrailingStop at a certain number of Pips profit.

For example:

Say you have the EURUSD set at a Take Profit of 60. You can set the TSActivation at 50 so that as soon as you hit 50 pips, it will activate the trailingstop (Trailing Pips). This way, if it comes "close" to hitting the Take Profit, at least you don't lose all profits.

I plan on trying it at 10 pips below each TP and with a TrailingPip of 10.

Good luck.

hi holyguy:

I have a problem with pairs NZD/USD,USD/JPY and GBP/JPY .The 1dailytrade cannot open the pos for these pairs but the order was appeared and indicates error.I am not sure that problem is because the platform or not.I use at NF platform.So far actually my trade is in profit if all that 3 pairs can be opened.I would like to see for today trading by use new version of this EA.

Thanks

saat2006:
hi holyguy:

I have a problem with pairs NZD/USD,USD/JPY and GBP/JPY .The 1dailytrade cannot open the pos for these pairs but the order was appeared and indicates error.I am not sure that problem is because the platform or not.I use at NF platform.So far actually my trade is in profit if all that 3 pairs can be opened.I would like to see for today trading by use new version of this EA.

Thanks

I noticed the same problem on mine. Try to Raise the MinuteLimit from 2 to 30. Basically, there is a two minute window where if there happens to be no trades during that time, no order gets executed. By increasing that to 30, it gives it a 30 minute window to open a trade which might be what causes the problem.

The latest version has 30 as default so that might solve your problem. If the problem continues, just let me know.

Update:

It started out as a tough week for OneDailyTrade with the markets being very volitile because of the new War that broke out recently in the Middle East. However, it appears to be behaving well now and doing alright. I am down some overall, but should recover most of that by the end of the week.

Reason: