Profit Generator EA - page 52

The problem is Nick, if EUR-USD opens long and GBP-USD opens short, which one do you not allow? Either could be the right direction.

But basically, USD-CHF should be opposite to EUR-USD.

EUR-USD should be same as GBP-USD.

USD-* should all be same direction of course as should *-JPY.

Like I said, the trouble is knowing which of the conflicting pairs to allow.

Sada, I use Mig broker and I would have posted the statement but my demo account expired and I loaded a new account which of course wiped the history

Luckily I had end of day totals written down

To complicate matters I closed several trades manually when I got frustrated with PG giving back profits.

Bagovino, 30 stop loss as default.

Mike4x.

Any suggestions?

Hi Nich,

I think there is a mistake in your EA doc in pdf. About UseClose() you say:

Scalp mode: set TSactivation to desired TP and TrailingPips to 0

TrailingStop mode: Set TSact to 0 and TrailingPips to desired trailing level.

Shouldn't it be inversed?

Also, I should be able to make 3 months ticks backtests on EURUSD this WE and I am currently making my backtest plan so if anyone have suggestions, post those!

Fixed options will be:

- WEmode = true

- MaxTrades = 1

- MM = False (always same lots size, I only look for pips profit)

- UseHourTrade = False (I will filter hours trading later, I save each trade for each parameters set)

- OneTradePerPeriod=false

Variables:

Period: from 1 to 9 step 1

Longbar: from 5 to 30 step 5

BarOpenPercent: from 0.1 to 1 step 0.1

Reverse: True or False

StopLoss: From 5 to 50 step 5

UseClose: Always set to True (with Takeprofit set to TSactivation value)

With:

TSactivation: From 0 to 140 step 10

TrailingPips From 3 to 15 step 3 or just for scalp mode and for other TSactivation settings take 5%, 10%, 15% and 20% of TSactivation.

About obsolete method, I will test its influence later. I didn't follow very well what it does and 810 000 tests will be enougth.

I don't even know if I have enought free space on my disk...

jojolalpin:
Hi Nich,

I think there is a mistake in your EA doc in pdf. About UseClose() you say:

Scalp mode: set TSactivation to desired TP and TrailingPips to 0

TrailingStop mode: Set TSact to 0 and TrailingPips to desired trailing level.

Shouldn't it be inversed?

See the picture... in scalping mode, the tsActivation sets the target price. when the target price is hit, it skips through the function down to the close function call. So, the logic is correct. See also that when act is set to 0, it immediately starts trailing...

Files:
closeer.jpg  91 kb

mike4X:
The problem is Nick, if EUR-USD opens long and GBP-USD opens short, which one do you not allow? Either could be the right direction.

Perhaps this would be the right place to look at the slow/fast EMA, volatility, or some other indicator to make a choice between the 2 pairs?

OK, I was just misunderstandinbg what scalping is. (newbie)

jojolalpin:
OK, I was just misunderstandinbg what scalping is. (newbie)

no worries! technically pg is a scalper in and of itself... probably should rename it to pick 'em off mode!

please help me with timefilter setting.....

i live in italy my time is GMT+1 and my broker is interbankfx.

What time setting i have to put ?

the only question is which hour use your broker. If gmt+1 use 8-21 instead of 7-20. simple no?

Question about time. Forex usually works 24/7, except weekends. So why is there time limit from 7 to 20. Or is there loop to bypass it during the week and it only activates on weekends.

it's used to filter asian session when american and european currencies sleep. you may not use it on JPY pairs.

Reason: