SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert - page 13

Hi

This is a very profitable strategy .

The ea may need improvements to bring it to usable standards for live accounts.The stop loss needs to be much closer at 50 pips or less ,and orders for stops need to be input at time of entry

I did not use usd/chf in the anylysis as it is not a great trading pair for many systems

Here is a great combined equity chart for gbp/usd.euro/usd and Usd jpy.

I have enclosed the EAS with the settings in the folder attached

Files:
sdrbe.jpg  32 kb
sdrbe.rar  253 kb

hello El Cid

I have noted your setting but with now GMT UK and also I am with Alpari

do I now take of the 1 hour from your settings

thanks in advance

regards

frederic

frederic:
hello El Cid

I have noted your setting but with now GMT UK and also I am with Alpari

do I now take of the 1 hour from your settings

thanks in advance

regards

frederic

I tested on Alpari russia ,so use the same times as Alpari

Regards

El cid

I have some questions:

1. I am on InterbankFX, so what number do I need to put in for the time frame?

2. Where exactly is the time information inputed in the settings? Is this the TimeShift?

3. Is the StopPercent the EXACT stop loss? Or is it a percentage of some sort?

4. Does this EA need an indicator of some sort? And does that indicator need to be on a chart?

Thanks.

Yoda_Glenn:
I have some questions:

1. I am on InterbankFX, so what number do I need to put in for the time frame?

2. Where exactly is the time information inputed in the settings? Is this the TimeShift?

3. Is the StopPercent the EXACT stop loss? Or is it a percentage of some sort?

4. Does this EA need an indicator of some sort? And does that indicator need to be on a chart?

Thanks.

1. All the settings you will find on this post as the links https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

2. You may read this page about TimeShift https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174264

3. StopPercent is Percent from Daily Range for StopLoss. Just open this EA in MetaEditor and it is written there in the code as a comment.

4. No any indicator.

>>1. All the settings you will find on this post as the links https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044<<

Yes, I read that. You wrote, "My settings are attached (EAs with default settings). Change the time in the settings concerning to your broker: if I have 8 am in the settings but your broker is on GMT+2 so you should put 7 am"

Where would 7 am go within the settings? Would that be under "TradePeriod?" I don't see anything that says am or pm in the settings.

>>2. You may read this page about TimeShift https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174264<<

Ok, thanks.

>>3. StopPercent is Percent from Daily Range for StopLoss. Just open this EA in MetaEditor and it is written there in the code as a comment.<<

So If I only want to risk 3% per trade, should I set the StopLoss percentage to 3%? I am trying to get this EA to only risk 3% per trade, but I do not know how to do this without a set stop loss.

>>4. No any indicator.<<

Ok, thanks.

Sorry for the questions, but I just find this EA a bit harder to understand than most EAs. (Although I do understand its trading method, I just don't understand its MM and where the time inputs go.)

Yoda_Glenn:
>>1. All the settings you will find on this post as the links https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044<<

Yes, I read that. You wrote, "My settings are attached (EAs with default settings). Change the time in the settings concerning to your broker: if I have 8 am in the settings but your broker is on GMT+2 so you should put 7 am"

Where would 7 am go within the settings? Would that be under "TradePeriod?" I don't see anything that says am or pm in the settings.

>>2. You may read this page about TimeShift https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174264<<

Ok, thanks.

>>3. StopPercent is Percent from Daily Range for StopLoss. Just open this EA in MetaEditor and it is written there in the code as a comment.<<

So If I only want to risk 3% per trade, should I set the StopLoss percentage to 3%? I am trying to get this EA to only risk 3% per trade, but I do not know how to do this without a set stop loss.

>>4. No any indicator.<<

Ok, thanks.

Sorry for the questions, but I just find this EA a bit harder to understand than most EAs. (Although I do understand its trading method, I just don't understand its MM and where the time inputs go.)

Stop loss is different for buy and sell.

For example for sell orders.

SellStop=SellPrice + StopPercent*range/100.0

where,

- StopPercent is in the settings.

- SellPrice.

SellPrice=open - range*SellPercent/100.0 - spread

- range =(high-low) for H1 bar.

- open.

ArrayCopyRates(rates_h1, Symbol(), PERIOD_H1);

open = rates_h1[0][1];

Use in search in MetaEditor the word ArrayCopyRates: it is some explanation about rates_h1 but I am not fully understand about what it is.

- SellPercent is in the settings.

newdigital:
Stop loss is different for buy and sell.

For example for sell orders.

SellStop=SellPrice + StopPercent*range/100.0

where,

- StopPercent is in the settings.

- SellPrice.

SellPrice=open - range*SellPercent/100.0 - spread

- range =(high-low) for H1 bar.

- open.

ArrayCopyRates(rates_h1, Symbol(), PERIOD_H1);

open = rates_h1[0][1];

Use in search in MetaEditor the word ArrayCopyRates: it is some explanation about rates_h1 but I am not fully understand about what it is.

- SellPercent is in the settings.

I'm still confused, but thanks for trying to explain it to me. I still do not know where to put the time setting at, and the above sequences doesn't clarify how I should risk only 3% per trade with this EA.

If my starting balance were $1,000.00, what settings would I input to tell this EA only to risk 3% per trade? Should my SellPercent be 3, for 3% risk?

The SellPercent is Percent from Daily Range for StopLoss, but how do I take this information and calculate 3% risk?

In a normal EA, you have a set stop loss.

Balanace * 3 / 100 = Amount of risk in dollars

Amount of risk in dollars / set stop Loss = Number of Lots that the EA can open an order with.

This EA is strange to me because it has something called, "Stop Percentage from Daily Range" Ok, I understand that the stop loss is set according to the daily range, in percents (%), but how does this percent translate into pips?

Ok, I am going to focus on the MM settings:

MM=True < This turns MM on. I understand that.

MMRisk= .15 < Does this mean that 15% of the account will be at risk or in drawdown?

LossMax=3200 < This must mean $3200.00, right? But why would this amount be an option if the above setting (MMRisk) is already given?

Please find updated statements for 2 versions.

Files:
sbs121.zip  159 kb
sbs23.zip  46 kb
Reason: