SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert - page 3

Well, the way I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong.... since the data which showed good results came from an excel file that was based on 00:00, so the attitude at the time when the EA was coded was... "well, let's just keep things based on 00:00 first and see how it goes". And it has indeed worked well judging from your testing results since May, so may be we shouldn't fix things that aren't broke, but I can't help to wonder if it will do better if we change it to setting buy/sell stops based on market opens like the way Larry intended.

Alpari is still GMT+2 right?

hhsmoney:
Well, the way I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong.... since the data which showed good results came from an excel file that was based on 00:00, so the attitude at the time when the EA was coded was... "well, let's just keep things based on 00:00 first and see how it goes". And it has indeed worked well judging from your testing results since May, so may be we shouldn't fix things that aren't broke, but I can't help to wonder if it will do better if we change it to setting buy/sell stops based on market opens like the way Larry intended. Alpari is still GMT+2 right?

Probable. I can not see the time in Alpari as market does not open now. +1 or +2.

I estimated the settings in this EA using some suggestions from Igorad. And then I optimized this EA with 90% (the backtesting/optimizuing results were posted somewhere on this thread) for different pairs and therefore I found the settings. And I did not change those settings from the beginning: just setted it once long time ago and it is still going on.

The reason I ask is because I think fxdd is GMT+2 and if Alpari is GMT+2, I'll just use your settings on fxdd, then we can see if the EA yields the same results on fxdd and Alpari.

hhsmoney:
The reason I ask is because I think fxdd is GMT+2 and if Alpari is GMT+2, I'll just use your settings on fxdd, then we can see if the EA yields the same results on fxdd and Alpari.

I am setting it on Alpari so I am not changing anything.

If you are using fxdd so add 1.

Or do estimate it by experiments:

- attach SBS with my settings one pair to alpari and SBS with (settinngs +1) to fxdd. And the next morning two EAs should one the pending order at almost the same price (+ or - 3 or 4 pips only).

I wonder why this EA isn't getting much attention? A very similar strategy over at moneytec (hans123) received huge attention with thousands of posts spanning over hundreds of pages. This EA may not be as spectaular as the firebird or phoenix, but it brings in the pips slow and steady. Everyone has heard the story of the tortoise and the hare, it's the slow and steady tortoise that won the race in the end

Hi all,

I just started using this ea Sunday est. and it took its first trade today. My question is do you have to set your tp and sl on this ea for it to enter and exit or will it do that on its own. Thanks in advance.... Valerie....

amaruenterprise:
Hi all, I just started using this ea Sunday est. and it took its first trade today. My question is do you have to set your tp and sl on this ea for it to enter and exit or will it do that on its own. Thanks in advance.... Valerie....

Just use my settings (pre-set files) and all you need o do in this case is to set timezone according to your broker or according to ther pending orders price.

Or optimize the settings to get your own settings.

Please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum (item #19) about this EA, settings and so on.

This EA did some profit this week so please find the statements (in pips).

Please find the statement for this EA.

Files:
sbs.htm  323 kb
sbs_1.gif  6 kb

Updated statement.

Files:
sbs.zip  25 kb
sbs_2.gif  6 kb
Reason: