How and where best to post real account monitoring for all forum members to see? - page 34

Vitaly Muzichenko:

But when you catch a reversal, you need to be able to hold a position in the trend and not exit it quickly, as is often the case.

This is 100% accurate. But there is one nuance here: if the strategy itself is used only for counter-trend deals, then it is better not to use big take profit.

And the "cut losses and let profits flow" rule applies for the most part to trend-following strategies.

Общие принципы - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
Общие принципы - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Перед тем как приступить к изучению торговых функций платформы, необходимо создать четкое представление об основных терминах: ордер, сделка и...

Vitaliy Kuznetsov:

This is 100% on point. But there is a nuance here, if the strategy itself is only for counter-trend trades, then it is better not to use a large take profit.

And the rule "cut losses and let profits flow" applies for the most part to trend-following strategies.

The problem is always the same: only the market knows what we are trading at the moment, and we will know it later - after the fact.

You caught the reversal - it turned out to be a pullback, you entered by the movement on the pullback - it turned out to be a reversal. Therefore, it is very difficult to find the optimal exit from a position - whether it is a trailing edge or Take Profit.

You know what to tell.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The problem is always the same: only the market knows what we are trading at the moment, and we find out later - after the fact.

Caught a reversal - it turned out to be a pullback, entered on the movement on the pullback - it turned out to be a reversal. Therefore, it is very difficult to find the optimal exit from a position - whether it is a trailing edge or Take Profit.

I don't know what to tell you.

Finally some good ideas on the forum.

I mean, you don't really know where the crowd will go.

But it's 100% that kotier will move against it.

So let's solve the problem from the end.

For example, the price goes up - the crowd sells, so they should buy

;)))

Renat Akhtyamov:

so you don't really know where the crowd will go

to the exit.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Finally some good thinking on the forum.

I mean, you don't really know where the crowd will go.

But it's 100% that kotir will move against it.

Not quite the right conclusion.

Let me explain: we divide 80/20, the price goes up. 80% entered into buy and at the first sign of reversal close positions with +10-20pp, they kind of earned, the remaining 20% are in the red, the price keeps rising, but 80% are out of position and the remaining 20% are bearing losses greater than those 80% took from the market.

To say that the price goes against the crowd is wrong.

The problem is that those 80% could not hold a position to the last, and the remaining 20% could not take losses.

If you look at any monitoring, you can see that the profits are half a penny each, but the drawdown is 90% of the deposit.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

That's not quite the right conclusion.

Let me explain: we divide 80/20, price goes up. 80% entered into buy and at the first sign of reversal close positions with +10-20pp, well, sort of earned, the remaining 20% are in the red, the price continues to rise, but 80% are out of position, remaining 20% who incur losses greater than those taken from the market that 80%.

To say that the price goes against the crowd is not quite right.

The problem is that those 80% could not hold a position to the last, and the remaining 20% could not take losses.

If you look at any monitor, you can see that profits are half a penny each, but the drawdown is 90% of the deposit.

it's not like that

the crowd trades mostly counter-trends

1. can you find at least one trend system?

I'll tell you, you will.

but it's gonna be pouring in a flat.

2. can you find at least one pro-trend system?

I'll tell you - you will and there will be 80% of them

but it's going to be trend-following.

Somehow I got a video on YouTube called "Seminar: L.Williams in Moscow".

There are a few phrases that come to mind:

1. I have been trading on the market for 50 years and I have been doing it successfully.

2. As soon as I see a small profit on my positions, I close them immediately.

As far as I remember, he never said "hold a position till the last". You take as much as the market has given you, it may be 1pp, but it is your profit.

Who trades, has often experienced overshooting, you seem to be in the plus, but you expect more, but in the end you turn around and lose.

Gerchik says it right: "Don't look at one position as if it were your last, otherwise you will suffer a fiasco".

Renat Akhtyamov:

No, it's not.

the crowd trades mostly counter-trends

Crowd mostly trades with small profits, but no stops.

In summary almost everyone gets 70% of profitable entries with small profit, 29% were lucky to exit with break-even after large drawdown and 1(one) trade without stop is what kills the account.

So again, price does not go against the crowd, and the crowd does not know how to control the price.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The crowd mostly trades with small profits, but without stops.

As a result, almost everyone has 70% of profitable entries with small profits, 29% were lucky to make a pullback and breakeven after being in a big drawdown, but it is 1 (one) trade without a stop that kills the account.

So again, price does not go against the crowd, and the crowd does not know how to control the price.

and plus in this very stop
Reason: